CA - America's Best Dance Crew Judge charged with Child Molestation

A little more from the charging documents:

"The alleged incidents began occurring in 1994 and continued for several years. According to the criminal complaint Shane allegedly committed the crimes of lewd acts upon a child -- all felonies. There is only one alleged victim.

The criminal complaint -- filed by the L.A. County District Attorney's office -- charged Sparks with 8 incidents of alleged molestation with an underage girl. There was a clerical error in the D.A.'s charging [COLOR=#29a256 !important][COLOR=#29a256 !important]documents[/COLOR][/COLOR] -- there are actually only 8 counts -- not 9.

The lewd acts include oral copulation and other acts "with the intent of arousing, appealing to, and gratifying the lust, passions, and sexual desires of the defendant, who was at least 10 years older than [the victim]."

Sparks was due back in court on April 20, 2010. His lawyer said he was going to file a motion for dismissal.
I can't find any updates.
Can anyone help?
Felony Complaint - Los Angeles, CA Superior Court case #LA063903
thanks

im betting the motion would have to do with statute of limitations.

i fear that that might have been granted.

I haven't been able to find any info. on the April 20 court date. I've looked everywhere. I'm thinking if the charges were dismissed for any reason, his publicist would have already been trumpeting the news. If the court date happened, no doubt reporters would have been all over it, whatever the outcome. So, I'm thinking the court date was moved.

What a shame, he has a real talent for choreography. I hope that the child that he molested has received help. Does anyone know how old Shane was in 1994?

What a shame, he has a real talent for choreography. I hope that the child that he molested has received help. Does anyone know how old Shane was in 1994?

It appears he would have been 24/25 in 1994.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Sparks[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back