Events Post-911 Calls 7/15 to Arrest 7/16

BondJamesBond

Blunt Instrument
Reaction score
Updating based on add'l info from BeanE's post :blowkiss: and cell records...

7/16/08

00:45 AM Sgt. Hosey notified Yuri.

01:05 AM Casey completed or began her 4-page handwritten statement

04:11 AM Yuri arrived @ G&C's and began his first interview w/ Casey after he read Casey's statement. Yuri's narrative indicates that LE had already learned that the Sawgrass apt. in question had been vacant for 142 days. LE had gone w/ Casey to Sawgrass 7/15PM.

>4:11 AM Yuri and Casey left G&C's and drove to Glenwood address, then Sawgrass, then, Crossings @ Conway.

<6:48 AM Yuri dropped Casey back @ G&C's. George informed Yuri that he & Cindy believed Casey was withholding information and they're concerned something had happened to Caylee. Comments to Yuri about the smell in the Pontiac.

##:## AM Yuri briefed Sgt. Allen

##:## AM Yuri visited Sawgrass Apt. and inquired about ZFG, etc.

11:30-11:44 AM Yuri visited Universal Studios w/ Investigator Turtora re: Casey's employment information, etc. and called Casey to inquire about some of the details

12:30PM Sgt. Allen & Det. Wells picked up Casey from G&C's and transported her to Universal Studios

##:##PM Det. Beasley arrived @ G&C's to process the Pontiac and received additional items from Cindy. Need to locate this report again :rolleyes: :doh:

<7:20PM Pontiac sealed @ G&C's by Det. Beasley

~7:20PM Pontiac towed from G&C's per Google travel time allowance from CSI arrival time

7:46PM Pontiac documented arrived @ CSI Forensics Bay by CSI Bloise

##:##PM CSI Bloise opened the sealed door and immediately noted the odor of human decomposition.

#:##PM Det. McBryde picked up George and proceeded to the tow yard to retrieve the trash bag from the dumpster

9:57PM Det. McBryde photographed the trashbag in the dumpster and retrieved it, then returned to G&C's

10:13PM LE photographed G&C's sideyard

11:07PM Det. McBryde arrived @ the Forensics unit w/ the trash bag

##:## PM/AM Yuri arrived @ the Forensics unit and directed a search of the trash bag
7/17/08

Pontiac CSI work continued

3:31PM D/S Forgery's K9 cadaver inspected the trunk​

From Casey's cell records it appears she returned home sometime just before 6:48AM whence she initiated a text-fest w/ Tony. Casey's cell usage that morning was virtually continuous w/ the longest single break being 26 mins until the time LE picked her up again to goto Universal. Of course, Casey could've been multi-tasking, but, it sure doesn't look like G or C had her undivided attention for Q&A OR she had much time to focus on getting something outta the car and :rolleyes: squirreled away :nuts: (pun fully intended). Still not impossible...but she was a very good AT&T customer that morning. ;)

Speculating the likely time for Casey & Lee's convo in the garage was sometime 2:45AM-4:11AM 7/16 after Casey finished her statement and before Yuri arrived.

1) Still would appreciate a link to Beasley's first report of processing the car if anyone has that handy. TIA1.

2) Does Brittany's statement provide any clues re: time of day? TIA2.

AZ: One thought...IIRC, it was Cindy's coworker @ Gentiva that zeroed in on the carseat still being in the car that spelled trouble. IIRC, she urged Cindy to contact police. Perhaps that put Cindy in a different frame of mind when she returned home and started back into the car. NOW it was a "major prob".

Keep in mind that LE's view in the first several hours was that the grandparents had just learned of the situation and reported it immediately, hence, giving benefit of the doubt to G&C regarding custody of the car didn't skyrocket to the top of the to-do list. From that perspective one might consider George's approaching Yuri 7/16 AM about the car as further indication that the grandparents wanted to get to the bottom of things and were unlikely to meddle w/ evidence.

OK, OK :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead: I wished they'd sealed it earlier too. :)

Should point out too that Cindy knew who she was dealing with, Casey - Yuri at this time did not, although it didn't him long. I bet as soon as he heard/saw that first statement from Casey he had her pegged, hence the driving her around to get her to show them the various places and then lock her into to her lies.

I agreee it is troubling about the car but I don't think we will know for sure what Yuri thought or suspected until he tells us at trial, should it get to that point.
According to our timeline, YM started interviewing KC at 4:11am. In his statement he said that he had already reviewed KC's 4 page statement that was obtained prior to his arrival.. At that time he told her flat out that her story was suspiicious and that he found her version of events to be suspect. He even gave her the opportunity to change her statement. This is BEFORE he drives her all around checking out the story.So, yuri knew immediately that KC was not being truthful and that was probably based on common sense.
http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/0717/16910180.pdf

So we know for sure that :
he finds out about the decomp smell upon his arrival at the house,or about(3:45ish) per his 7/24 interview with GA.
Then by 4:11 am after reviewing the story, he already thinks KC is not telling the truth and is suspicious of her.
We aslo know per the bond hearing linked earlier that he did not need a search warrant to get the car.

My point is not to discredit LE for making a mistake. It happens and they have conducted an overall stellar investigation.
I think most agree that they would have preferred it was sealed up earlier but it is what it is and I don't consider this to be any kind of weak link in the case.

But the question is, did they miss any important evidence because of this or will it impact any of the evidence that they did get?
Not trying to paint this as some sort of deal breaker. Just trying to figure out if there are any ramifications to this missed opportunity.

According to our timeline, YM started interviewing KC at 4:11am. In his statement he said that he had already reviewed KC's 4 page statement that was obtained prior to his arrival.. At that time he told her flat out that her story was suspiicious and that he found her version of events to be suspect. He even gave her the opportunity to change her statement. This is BEFORE he drives her all around checking out the story.So, yuri knew immediately that KC was not being truthful and that was probably based on common sense.
http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/0717/16910180.pdf

So we know for sure that :
he finds out about the decomp smell upon his arrival at the house,or about(3:45ish) per his 7/24 interview with GA.
Then by 4:11 am after reviewing the story, he already thinks KC is not telling the truth and is suspicious of her.
We aslo know per the bond hearing linked earlier that he did not need a search warrant to get the car.

My point is not to discredit LE for making a mistake. It happens and they have conducted an overall stellar investigation.
I think most agree that they would have preferred it was sealed up earlier but it is what it is and I don't consider this to be any kind of weak link in the case.

But the question is, did they miss any important evidence because of this or will it impact any of the evidence that they did get?
Not trying to paint this as some sort of deal breaker. Just trying to figure out if there are any ramifications to this missed opportunity.

Couple points...

FWIW...IMHO, as I read Yuri's narrative it suggests that he knew before he got to G&C's the first time that the Sawgrass apt. story was already suspect based on the 7/15PM work that told them the apt. had been empty. Then he read Casey's statement and told her up front that she could change her story.

I'm taking his narrative account as a better indication of the sequence of events where it may conflict w/ the later GA interview re: exactly when George commented 'bout the smell. His narrative indicates George approached him when he dropped Casey back @ the house (est. ~<6:48AM) vs. when he first arrived ~4:11AM, IMHO.

I'm guessing that when Casey & Yuri left Yuri may have been the last LEO out. Also assuming Yuri got direction from Sgt. Allen, or at least they discussed it, on the next priority after leaving Casey @ the house as Yuri mentioned it in his narrative.

Not trying to poke holes in Yuri's approach 'cause I sure don't know WTH I'm doin' :bang: Looks like they were focused on checking out the statement - what they were being told was the scene of the crime -@ Sawgrass - and then likely on to verify w/ Casey's employer that she worked on the date she provided in her statement. Even though Sawgrass couldn't provide a positive ID...they did get a curve ball w/ the ZFG visitor card. :waitasec: So...all things considered, by 12:30PM 7/16 they had it put together :thumb:

As for the "So what, big deal?" aspect of not sealing the Pontiac. It does give the defense the opportunity - ala OJ - to suggest evidence was planted by LE. As ridiculous as that sounds...:rolleyes: they can go w/ the, "LE already had their mind made up..." angle. Hey - it worked once. :doh:

IMHO the defense is missing the best opportunity of SODDI as far as I can tell. Dunno why we're not hearing it yet...perhaps they'll just sit on it 'till trial.

Updating based on add'l info from BeanE's post :blowkiss: and cell records...

Speculating the likely time for Casey & Lee's convo in the garage was sometime 2:45AM-4:11AM 7/16 after Casey finished her statement and before Yuri arrived.

Lee said KC went to the garage because LE wanted her, then him, separated from GA and CA when they (GA/CA) gave their written statements. Their written statements have approx 10:18pm on 7/15 on them.

I linked to the statements... somewhere lol. Pls holler if you want me to pull them up. It's no problem. :) :blowkiss:

I need to do a few things. I'll find Beasley's statement when I get back if it hasn't popped up by then. I have that linked... somewhere too lol.

Lee said KC went to the garage because LE wanted her, then him, separated from GA and CA when they (GA/CA) gave their written statements. Their written statements have approx 10:18pm on 7/15 on them.

I linked to the statements... somewhere lol. Pls holler if you want me to pull them up. It's no problem. :) :blowkiss:

I need to do a few things. I'll find Beasley's statement when I get back if it hasn't popped up by then. I have that linked... somewhere too lol.

Thanks, BeanE. :) I was looking them over earlier. When you pointed me back to Casey's statement it was the first time I realized her statement was so much later than Lee's, G's and C's. In fact, going through that evolution has me wondering if I overlooked something...or perhaps I imagined it.

Of course, I'm not choosing my words too carefully...so...consider this in general terms...and be kind, 'cause I've forgotten much and tossed almost all my files.

I always thought LE showed up and they went about getting statements...which is pretty much true of Lee, G and C. However, we know LE went to Tony's to get Casey's cell ~10PM. Maybe I wasn't paying attention that Casey went with them? :waitasec: Yuri's narrative mentions LE having already made the 1st Sawgrass adventure <00:45AM 7/16. So...:slap: me...but I guess this means Casey went. Last ping @ Tony's was 10:07PM and the next ping was 1hr 48mins later @ G&C's 11:55PM. The dynamic of Casey going into Tony's apartment w/ LE to get the phone just doesn't ring true (pun, once again, shamelessly intended :rolleyes). Am I just dreamin'??? :hypno:

So...IF that's correct, allowing some +/- it means Lee left for Tony's about the time Casey was getting back w/ LE. :waitasec: I recall Lee's statement commenting about LE having Casey outside w/ the phone @ G&C's...maybe I'm just dreamin' all this up. :hypno:

OK...I'm wandering OT... :bang: Guess the convo w/ Lee in the garage could've just as easily been before running off to get the phone.

That is correct about the statements. In fact I was reading Cindy's depo last night and she was asked about her statement and if the time it was taken was 22:11 as this was written on it, she more or less verified that it was approx the correct time.

Doesn't mean Casey did her statement at the same time but I think they may have.

Thanks, BeanE. :) I was looking them over earlier. When you pointed me back to Casey's statement it was the first time I realized her statement was so much later than Lee's, G's and C's. In fact, going through that evolution has me wondering if I overlooked something...or perhaps I imagined it.

Of course, I'm not choosing my words too carefully...so...consider this in general terms...and be kind, 'cause I've forgotten much and tossed almost all my files.

I always thought LE showed up and they went about getting statements...which is pretty much true of Lee, G and C. However, we know LE went to Tony's to get Casey's cell ~10PM. Maybe I wasn't paying attention that Casey went with them? :waitasec: Yuri's narrative mentions LE having already made the 1st Sawgrass adventure <00:45AM 7/16. So...:slap: me...but I guess this means Casey went. Last ping @ Tony's was 10:07PM and the next ping was 1hr 48mins later @ G&C's 11:55PM. The dynamic of Casey going into Tony's apartment w/ LE to get the phone just doesn't ring true (pun, once again, shamelessly intended :rolleyes). Am I just dreamin'??? :hypno:

So...IF that's correct, allowing some +/- it means Lee left for Tony's about the time Casey was getting back w/ LE. :waitasec: I recall Lee's statement commenting about LE having Casey outside w/ the phone @ G&C's...maybe I'm just dreamin' all this up. :hypno:

OK...I'm wandering OT... :bang: Guess the convo w/ Lee in the garage could've just as easily been before running off to get the phone.

hmmmm I see what you're sayin', Bond. I've been wanting to go back through and track which deputy was doing what in terms of who's at the house & who's out on the road. Lemme do that tomorrow morning, and I'll pull everything I can find of where KC is along the way.

We have at least 6 deputies involved before Yuri even arrived, and I'm not completely sure every one of them ever actually was at the house. I think one or two might have gone to the locations and reported back via phone without ever going to the house.

Lemme see what I can dig up. (No pun intended)

BJB - having LA and KC in the garage might help make sense of whatever LA did at AL's. I had always imagined it that way anyway. It was almost like he had instructions on what to get and what to do. The fact LA and KC went in the garage to talk, instead of outside or almost anywhere else, was very odd to me. LA makes such a huge thing about the Pontiac's smell; I can't imagine they would pick that place for a conversation unless they wanted to be avoided. Perhaps they went out there to talk sotto voce but in full sight knowing that if LE wanted them back inside, they probably would wave them in instead of walking right up to the door.

Perhaps, if this conversation happened first, there were instructions for LA regarding wiping the emails and the fake bsod or whatever. It makes more sense than what LA said they were discussing, IIRC - that conversation could have easily taken place when they were talking earlier in her room.

Confirmation of KC going w/LE to Sawgrass

Statement from deputy Adriana Acevedo. 2nd responding officer

Took KC in her patrol car to Sawgrass
"immediately" took KC back to her residence after seeing the apartment

Doesn't say what time she took KC to Sawgrass

PDF page 1
http://flawebhosting.net/docdump110608/dcf.pdf

Other notes:
Rendon Fletcher already on the scene
Ryan Eberlin arrived shortly after Acevedo

BJB - having LA and KC in the garage might help make sense of whatever LA did at AL's. I had always imagined it that way anyway. It was almost like he had instructions on what to get and what to do. The fact LA and KC went in the garage to talk, instead of outside or almost anywhere else, was very odd to me. LA makes such a huge thing about the Pontiac's smell; I can't imagine they would pick that place for a conversation unless they wanted to be avoided. Perhaps they went out there to talk sotto voce but in full sight knowing that if LE wanted them back inside, they probably would wave them in instead of walking right up to the door.

Perhaps, if this conversation happened first, there were instructions for LA regarding wiping the emails and the fake bsod or whatever. It makes more sense than what LA said they were discussing, IIRC - that conversation could have easily taken place when they were talking earlier in her room.

Just a note. Lee claims he didn't know where KC was, then found her in the garage. He estimated she had been there about 5 minutes before he found her.

She could have gone anywhere in the house while GA/CA gave their statements. I'm highly suspicious of why she chose to go to the smelly garage.

Lee said the smell was so bad he just couldn't stay in there. It really didn't sound like he sought it out, but found KC there, tried to talk, had to leave because the smell was making him sick.

O/T. How come decomp smell never seems to bother killers? Or is it sociopaths. I know sociopaths don't feel physical pain as much as other people. Maybe they don't notice smells as much? Or just aren't bothered by bad smells as much? But they seem aware the smell will bother others. So bizarre.

All Hail BeanE! :bowdown:

Time for a new thread on the logistics of the responding LE's :)

I believe I recognize "Ryan"s sig on Casey & Lee's statements. I didn't check G or C's.

All Hail BeanE! :bowdown:

Time for a new thread on the logistics of the responding LE's :)

I believe I recognize "Ryan"s sig on Casey & Lee's statements. I didn't check G or C's.

Well I was thinking it might be helpful to have a thread to track down all activity in the house from Cindy's last 911 call until KC left and went to Universal then central ops with Yuri and was arrested. I want to know everybody in that house and what they did and when. I just don't know if it would be useful, or interesting to anyone else. Nor would I have a clue what to name it lol.

Sorry for putting superfluous info into this thread. I get interested in other stuff when researching stuff that's thread topic related and lose track of the topic in my obsession with detail.

Couple points...

FWIW...IMHO, as I read Yuri's narrative it suggests that he knew before he got to G&C's the first time that the Sawgrass apt. story was already suspect based on the 7/15PM work that told them the apt. had been empty. Then he read Casey's statement and told her up front that she could change her story.

I'm taking his narrative account as a better indication of the sequence of events where it may conflict w/ the later GA interview re: exactly when George commented 'bout the smell. His narrative indicates George approached him when he dropped Casey back @ the house (est. ~<6:48AM) vs. when he first arrived ~4:11AM, IMHO.

I'm guessing that when Casey & Yuri left Yuri may have been the last LEO out. Also assuming Yuri got direction from Sgt. Allen, or at least they discussed it, on the next priority after leaving Casey @ the house as Yuri mentioned it in his narrative.

Not trying to poke holes in Yuri's approach 'cause I sure don't know WTH I'm doin' :bang: Looks like they were focused on checking out the statement - what they were being told was the scene of the crime -@ Sawgrass - and then likely on to verify w/ Casey's employer that she worked on the date she provided in her statement. Even though Sawgrass couldn't provide a positive ID...they did get a curve ball w/ the ZFG visitor card. :waitasec: So...all things considered, by 12:30PM 7/16 they had it put together :thumb:

As for the "So what, big deal?" aspect of not sealing the Pontiac. It does give the defense the opportunity - ala OJ - to suggest evidence was planted by LE. As ridiculous as that sounds...:rolleyes: they can go w/ the, "LE already had their mind made up..." angle. Hey - it worked once. :doh:

IMHO the defense is missing the best opportunity of SODDI as far as I can tell. Dunno why we're not hearing it yet...perhaps they'll just sit on it 'till trial.

Bold mine.

I'm not as concerned as some here about the fact that the car sat at the Anthony's for a few extra hours, unsealed....After all, it sat at Amscot for 3 days, and obviously someone (GA/CA) cleaned the trunk out, at the Anthony's house, hours before it was sealed. All the other circumstantial evidence added to the evidence in the trunk is going to sink her. I am not worried.

Bold mine.

I'm not as concerned as some here about the fact that the car sat at the Anthony's for a few extra hours, unsealed....After all, it sat at Amscot for 3 days, and obviously someone (GA/CA) cleaned the trunk out, at the Anthony's house, hours before it was sealed. All the other circumstantial evidence added to the evidence in the trunk is going to sink her. I am not worried.

I'm not concerned so far as the trial goes. But then, my focus in this case is in finding out Caylee's story in all its detail, rather then legal/trial/defense/prosecution concerns. Justice doesn't always come in a courtroom. To me, justice is finding out and telling a victim's story regardless of legal technicalities.

With that in mind, I'm just disappointed that what seems to me to be more opportunity than was reasonable was given to KC, GA, CA, and LA to remove evidence. Any evidence removed, cleaned, changed, tainted is, to me, an impact to determining as much as possible of what happened to this precious baby.

ETA: MOO

Interesting thoughts. Need to check the computer forensics and JWG's 7/15 timeline again. IIRC, there are timestamps on the computer use during the 7/15PM-7/16AM timeframe that should shed add'l light on who was doing what & when.

My apologies for OT. :blushing:

Bond, if you haven't found it yet, here's Charity Beasley's report, beginning on docstoc page 179, handwritten page 292

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4320677/Casey-Anthony-first-set-of-documents-released

Also noting Ryan Eberlin's documentation begins on docstoc page 173, handwritten page 286.

- Dispatched 7/16(?) for stolen vehicle. Spoke to Lee first (Witness 1), Cindy second (Witness 2), George third (Witness 3), then spoke to Casey. Casey completed a sworn written statement.
- Rendon Fletcher went to Sawgrass.
- Ryan Williams went to Tony's.
- Robert Salamat went to 232 North Glenwood.

Yuri's Investigative report

http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18155354.pdf

PDF page 4

Rendon Fletcher went to Sawgrass July 15 no time given. No mention of KC.

Ryan Williams met with Tony July 15 no time given. No mention of KC.

Robert Salamat went to 232 North Glenwood and met with the residents. No date or time given. No mention of KC.

Bond, if you haven't found it yet, here's Charity Beasley's report, beginning on docstoc page 179, handwritten page 292

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4320677/Casey-Anthony-first-set-of-documents-released

Also noting Ryan Eberlin's documentation begins on docstoc page 173, handwritten page 286.

- Dispatched 7/16(?) for stolen vehicle. Spoke to Lee first (Witness 1), Cindy second (Witness 2), George third (Witness 3), then spoke to Casey. Casey completed a sworn written statement.
- Rendon Fletcher went to Sawgrass.
- Ryan Williams went to Tony's.
- Robert Salamat went to 232 North Glenwood.

Noting that Jesse says deputies were using & answering KC's phone 7/15-7/16

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Casey Anthony discovery Pages 1-150.pdf

pdf page 43

BeanE: You realize you've provided me w/ a week's worth of work here. :)

I'm going to see if JBean agrees to break this thread back @ the last update of the timeline into a new thread focused on 7/15-post-911 to 7/16 arrest focused timeline development. I dunno what to call it either, but, before reviewing your links I wouldn't have thought there would be much more we could do with it. There's at least a little more that can be done...or at least documented in a thread to make it easy to find later IYKWIM.

Noted, for example, relative to the car sealing...if we reviewed George's cell, Cindy's cell & Hopespring home phone records again for 7/16 we should find Yuri's call referenced in Beasley's report (handwritten #293) where he gained approval to obtain the car, etc. That timestamp + travel time will tighten up Beasley's arrival time. Not expecting revelations, but, I'm in agreement w/ your earlier post that we are working to do here is get clarity on the events.

Also noted that Jesse was quick on the dial. LE w/ Casey's phone called Jeff H. @ 12:05AM 7/16 for only a few seconds. Jesse called Casey's cell and spoke w/ Sgt. Hosey @ 12:06AM :eek: for <1min.

Other rabbit holes I wanna chase down based on reviewing the mat'l again. I can't commit to anything better than a slow burn. But would like to do it if others will help.

Bond asked me to move the timeline analysis into its own thread up here and I concur. hate to see this great work lost in other discussion.
Please alert on any other posts from the sealing of the pontiac thread that you guys want brought up here.
I took a quick search starting at the post Bond gave me, but there may be more.
Nice work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back