1067 users online (161 members and 906 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lt. Greenwood responds to public records request 12-14-09

Many thanks to Raisincharlie for making us aware of this report. Not only is a copy of Lt. Greenwood's letter included, but we can find links to many resources within this media link from TJ Hart.

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5934743.php

Thx, Raisin & Kimst.

Unfortunately, my computers do not like TJ's site for some reason. My graphics get all whacky over there.

Basically, the Lt. is stating why they are not releasing any records in Haleigh's case. It is an ongoing investigation. The main reason the link is useful is that TJ has summed up important links in chronological order since Haleigh went missing.

It is almost depressing to see how few there are...

One of the statements from this letter that bothers me the most is the remark that this is "uninformed and irresponsible". Well if LE would give us SOME info we would not be "uninformed" and could possible help with being more "responsible". It's their own fault at this point in time that people are frustrated with the investigation. JMOO

Which brings us to the fact (one of very few) that LE wants the public off this case. Now we need to look at why that would be.

I haven't read that doc, but has it occurred to everyone that Haleigh is not "out there somewhere" in America? I hate to be a downer, but... really - when is the last time LAW ENFORCEMENT requested the public be on the lookout for Haleigh? jmo - but I think the evidence must indicate that Haleigh is not out in Iowa or Georgia or Texas or anywhere else. She is right here, somewhere.

As a local I am prejudiced, I know, but at some point there has to be an arrest and a trial. Does the public's right-to-know outweigh the need to keep some information under wraps so that a conviction can eventually be successful?

I live right here and have kids not much older than Haleigh and Ron Jr. While I'd like to know, I don't need to know - unless there is chance another child is at risk of being kidnapped or murdered by the same person responsible for Haleigh's disappearance. It's obvious to me that LE is not concerned about such a thing happening. I see local LEOs on a frequent basis, almost daily. No extra warnings, no abundance of caution.

I'm not saying that means Ron did it, or Misty did it, or Crystal did it. I'm just saying that our right to information does not - and should not - outweigh Haleigh's right to justice.

sorry, jmo

Your statement "there is no arrest or charges to be filed in the foreseeable future"" is very uninformed and irresponsible.
    That statement gives me so much hope. Now, if I only had a crystal ball, I would know how far into the "foreseeable future" an arrest would occur.

Haleigh was last seen at her residence in the Hermit's Cove area of Putnam County on February 9, 2009 between the hours of 8-10pm.
    Interesting. I wonder if that's based on Misty's statement that she put Haleigh to bed at 8 and then she (Misty) went to bed at 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if that's based on Misty's statement that she put Haleigh to bed at 8 and then she (Misty) went to bed at 10.
    I wonder that also. Or, are they completely discrediting Misty's statements and someone else claims to believe Haleigh was there around 10PM? Isn't that the time that Tommy said he went to the MH?

Whenever you write or e-mail a government agency, your information becomes part of the public record, if I am understanding the law correctly.

Wonder who the "devoted follower" of the case is that provided this letter to TJ? I also wonder if TJ bothered authenticating it. TJ seems to have lost all of his professional objectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by LFlorida View Post
    Whenever you write or e-mail a government agency, your information becomes part of the public record, if I am understanding the law correctly.

Wonder who the "devoted follower" of the case is that provided this letter to TJ? I also wonder if TJ bothered authenticating it. TJ seems to have lost all of his professional objectivity.
    Realizing there are issues with your puter on loading the site, just wanted to let you know there is a copy of the letter on the site with the proper letterhead and the Lt's signature. If he falsified such a letter, I would think his career would be over.

Quote Originally Posted by LFlorida View Post
    I haven't read that doc, but has it occurred to everyone that Haleigh is not "out there somewhere" in America? I hate to be a downer, but... really - when is the last time LAW ENFORCEMENT requested the public be on the lookout for Haleigh? jmo - but I think the evidence must indicate that Haleigh is not out in Iowa or Georgia or Texas or anywhere else. She is right here, somewhere.

As a local I am prejudiced, I know, but at some point there has to be an arrest and a trial. Does the public's right-to-know outweigh the need to keep some information under wraps so that a conviction can eventually be successful?

I live right here and have kids not much older than Haleigh and Ron Jr. While I'd like to know, I don't need to know - unless there is chance another child is at risk of being kidnapped or murdered by the same person responsible for Haleigh's disappearance. It's obvious to me that LE is not concerned about such a thing happening. I see local LEOs on a frequent basis, almost daily. No extra warnings, no abundance of caution.

I'm not saying that means Ron did it, or Misty did it, or Crystal did it. I'm just saying that our right to information does not - and should not - outweigh Haleigh's right to justice.

sorry, jmo
    LFlorida, I don't think our right to info outweighs Haleigh's right to justice. However, I do think the public does have a right to know information which would not jeopardize the investigation. It seems like the silence has been deafening and that has caused people to make "uninformed and irresponsible" judgments as to what is happening in this case.

Finding Haleigh and justice being served is what matters most, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I wonder that also. Or, are they completely discrediting Misty's statements and someone else claims to believe Haleigh was there around 10PM? Isn't that the time that Tommy said he went to the MH?
    Yes, Tommy was supposedly there around 10 pm. I'm not sure how much credit LE gives to any of Misty's statements. If I remember the story correctly (details seem to have changed a few times), GGMS was there between 7 and 8 pm and then Tommy showed up around 10 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Realizing there are issues with your puter on loading the site, just wanted to let you know there is a copy of the letter on the site with the proper letterhead and the Lt's signature. If he falsified such a letter, I would think his career would be over.
    Sorry for not being more accurate. I do not think TJ falsified the letter. I do wonder if he authenticated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    LFlorida, I don't think our right to info outweighs Haleigh's right to justice. However, I do think the public does have a right to know information which would not jeopardize the investigation. It seems like the silence has been deafening and that has caused people to make "uninformed and irresponsible" judgments as to what is happening in this case.

Finding Haleigh and justice being served is what matters most, IMO.
    I agree, but this case has attracted more than its fair share of oddballs, from what I have read and heard. [not saying it is anybody from here, btw]

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast