UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
please continue here

thread three link:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92904"]UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City; thread #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

link to thread two:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=1#post4577209

thread one in this case:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92568"]UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community" target="_blank">UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

AmandaReckonwith's photobucket of the case: http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...usan%20Powell/

fran's post on what we have so far:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4562189#post4562189"]UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City - Page 30 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community" target="_blank">UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City - Page 30 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Susan's face book:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...d=198478842187

PattyG's family presser video:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4576441&postcount=689"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City; thread # 2[/ame]

PattyG's exhaustive youtube site with all of her case videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947

note: fran's post link is one of the older ones... I will update it as soon as I find it

most recent Fran list I have found so far:
---------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by fran
Things are mounting up.............anyone else?

.......REASONS TO SUSPECT HUSBAND OR QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED, BEFORE HUSBAND CAN BE ELIMINATED AS A POI
fran

1. Husband not the one who reported victim missing.

2. Husband had 'odd' alibi, ie going camping in sub-zero temperartures, late at night, leaving sick wife home alone in bed, and taking two toddlers, pre five yo's into the freezing winter night.

3. Change of story details, here and there or becoming evasive.

4. Avoiding media contact. The few times media managed to get a statement. He cut them off when they asked detailed questions about camping location. His excuse was "I have to get my boys." IMHO, he's using the boys as a shield.

5. Avoiding media questions, ie "Is that where you went camping?" to which he replies, "I have to pick up my boys."

6. Avoids wife-victim's family.

7. Stops talking to LE

8. Concerned with 'his house.'

9. Speaks of victim in 'past-tense.'

10. Speaks of 'buying new clothes and comforter.'

11. Unexplained 'wet spot' in carpeting and 'fans being used to dry.'

12. Gradual release of 'friends and family' speaking of marital problems.

13. Alleged from 'friends' of husband having control issues, which included control of wife ie victim.

14. Alleged from 'friends' of 'verbal abuse' by husband of victim.

15. Alleged statement by one of the children (ok, possibly rumor) "Daddy said mommy stayed in the woods for awhile."

16. Spoke to neighbor about 'hope his bird isn't dead' but didn't talk about his missing wife.

17. Testing generator late at night on camping trip

18. Sledding in the dark? (Locals, is there a place in that area to go sledding in the dark? He told friend he was taking boys sledding, that was at 5:00p.m. and he was seen returning home at 8:30p.m.)

19. Near frost bitten hands.

20. Just the sheer distance of the alleged camp site (3 or 4 hours drive)

21. NOT one sign of husband camping where he said he was.

22. Just plain talking about 'himself,' rather than his missing wife!!!!!!!!

23. No sign of forced entry of home.

24. Friends and neighbors said it was unusual for Josh to suddenly go camping late at night with the children in the freezing weather.

25. Periodic money problems including a past bankruptcy.

26. Joshy tells his FIL the last time he saw Susan was at 12:30, but didn't bother to tell him what a great time was had by all at the wee-hours-of-the-nite-camping-in-subzero-temps-and-snowstorm-in-the-desert outing.
(from Texas Mist)

27. Left sick wife alone, never to check on her and she had NO CAR to go to doctor! (from member passionflower)

28. Wife had gone to bed sick with an ear-ache which meant she most likely had a cold. Yet, husband made her walk home from church in freezing weather, (they only had one car)

29. Susan's friend had spoken to her on Sunday and friend said Susan wasn't sick.

30. Husband said wife sick but she went to bed at 12:30 a.m.

31. Husband said he forgot it was Sunday but he also said he saw last saw Susan at 12:30 a.m. when she went to bed and he was leaving for camping with the kids. She would have reminded him it was Monday and not Sat nite/Sunday a.m. "Got his days mixed up, thought it was Sunday" yet he neither attends church nor allows for boys to go.

32. Susan told co-workers she was physically fearful of her husband.

33. Co-workers say Susan took precautions in case 'anything' happened to her.

34. Josh's BIL stated when asked if he believes Josh had anything to do with Susan's disappearance, "I pray Josh isn't responisble."

35. Susan't friends knowledge of Powell marriage............SEVERAL advised Susan to leave her husband.

36. Susan's family paid for her to have a cell phone in case she was in trouble.

37. police have mentioned they would possibly like to have Josh take LDT: so far it has not been reported he has taken one to clear his name

38. Disappeared for 24 hours with rental car, AFTER Susan went missing. hundreds of miles were put on the car. There was no gps on the rental car

39. Local reporter said that at alleged camping location, you need to travel approximately 20 miles on unpaved road. It was storming. {suspicious}

40. When talking about spur of the moment camping trip with boys, Josh said they '.....liked to have smores in the morning.'

41. Wife's cellphone, purse and belongings LEFT BEHIND...

42. Josh skips town on Dec 18/19 (Fri/Sat) attorney says to spend holidays in Washington with father and step mom.

43. Sunday 2 weeks after Susan disappeared, Josh whereabouts unknown.
Has sons with him....note: husband has shown up in Washington State and attended a candle light vigil for Susan,.............NO comment to the media

44. First time LE contacted husband as at first the entire family was thought missing, Josh hung up on LE.

45. Statements by friends that Josh resented Susan's dedication to her church. (Also indications that Josh was being encouraged of his distaste for the church by his own father)

46. While at the candle light vigil in Washington, Josh was only 15 feet from Susan's parents, yet he didn't even acknowledge them.

47. Josh completely controlled Susan's spending. He told her how much she had to spend at the grocery store and what she could and couldn't buy as far as groceries or anything else was concerned.

48. LE said Josh is hindering the investigation.

49. It's not JUST that Josh left town while everyone is trying to look for his missing wife. He did NOT tell LE he was leaving or where he would be, in case his wife returned or she was found!

*Blue are added as the case developes and Websleuthers mention them

REASONS NOT TO LOOK TOWARDS HUSBAND

1. Josh said he didn't harm Susan.

2. Josh's dad said to stop "villifying" JP, he didn't harm his wife.

3. Josh's lawyer said Josh is not hindering investigation.

I add to this list that two days after susan goes missing josh rents a car and puts hundreds of miles on it. wonder how long he had the car? I would think it was only for a day or so as he got his van back after three days. We will have to go back and find that media article where his neighbor describes taking him to pick up the car from LE... and what day it was. I am thinking he put hundreds of miles on it in a very short period of time. Very Scott Peterson isn't it?????

Josh was so worried that his bird was dead that first night.
Yet he left it behind.
I saw in a video of men taking it out of the house with a blanket around the large cage.
Exotic birds need allot of care and live a long time.
Cold is an enemy to them.
Wonder if Josh is worried about the bird now?
another 'possession' to him?

#37 in the list, did he really refuse to take a lie detector test? I must of missed that in the news. :(

I add to this list that two days after susan goes missing josh rents a car and puts hundreds of miles on it. wonder how long he had the car? I would think it was only for a day or so as he got his van back after three days. We will have to go back and find that media article where his neighbor describes taking him to pick up the car from LE... and what day it was. I am thinking he put hundreds of miles on it in a very short period of time. Very Scott Peterson isn't it?????

IMO, he went back to where he dumped Susan to make sure no one could see her in the day light.
Boy I wish someone was tracking him from afar!!!!
Hope LE was on to this! and just not saying.

Personally I do not see a confession coming from Josh.
He thinks he has out smarted the LE.
Has FBI been brought in like in a kidnapping?
I guess no crime has really been proven yet til evidence
comes back from rug, hair, etc.

here's a link to Angel Who Cares post from last nite w/ *many* links to articles & vids related to this case

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4591814&postcount=1030"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City; thread #3[/ame]

Josh was so worried that his bird was dead that first night.
Yet he left it behind.
I saw in a video of men taking it out of the house with a blanket around the large cage.
Exotic birds need allot of care and live a long time.
Cold is an enemy to them.
Wonder if Josh is worried about the bird now?
another 'possession' to him?

I read last nite that he called a neighbor, John H. to retrieve the bird..

John Hellewell who is a neighbor of the Powell's found out about the trip Sunday when Josh called him. His first concern was to find someone to "pet sit" his birds. "

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...p-raises-eyebrows/YMht8xWvVkideITAGsTQ3g.cspx

Timeline so far, please add:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4590030&postcount=792"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City; thread #3[/ame]

I read last nite that he called a neighbor, John H. to retrieve the bird..

John Hellewell who is a neighbor of the Powell's found out about the trip Sunday when Josh called him. His first concern was to find someone to "pet sit" his birds. "

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...p-raises-eyebrows/YMht8xWvVkideITAGsTQ3g.cspx

ha, more than 1 bird........does JP even know he has 'birds' instead of 'bird' that night! JP probably never took care of them, Susan probably did.

#3 is not closed.........we still have members posting there!
We lost our group!

Timeline

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone put a timeline on this last 2 weeks?
Maybe we could put one together. TIA
I'm looking over my notes. But need help........
anyone have the timeline better than I have? PLEASE add

Sunday, December 6, 2009
Susan went to church, walked home with friends.
JP made pancakes and eggs for supper, rarely cooked.
Friend was over to help Susan with crocheting project.
Friend left at 5 pm.
JP took sons sledding in dark at 5:30pm.
Neighbor saw JP come home at 8:30pm
Neighbor heard JP's van's security going off in garage at 11:45pm.

Monday, Dec 7, 2009
JP left for a camping trip at 12:30 am Monday morning with sons.
JP and Susan do not show up for work.
Sons are not at babysitters.
Relatives are called.
Concerned relatives call LE, who break a window for wellness search.
Friend calls JP cell phone at 3pm
Another friend contacts JP by cell phone at 4pm.
JP arrives home at 5pm.

Tuesday, December 8th
JP calls Susan's dad and tells him Susan is missing.
LE takes van.
JP rents a car and leaves for 24 hours.

Wednesday, December 9th
JP comes back home?
Did he take sons for 24 hours?
Where was he?
Police spent two hours removing items from the Powell home.
Police say Josh Powell is not a suspect at this time

Thursday, December 10
Police searched the Simpson Spring Recreation Area and found no sign of Josh Powell's campsite.
Josh Powell speaks briefly with reporters

Friday, December 11
Police stil have no arrests and said Josh Powell is a person of interest

Saturday, December 12:
Susan Powell's father, Charles Cox, traveled to Utah to help search for his daughter.
Josh Powell's family held a press conference and Josh Powell stands silenty with them.
Community members pass out fliers with pictures of Susan Powell.

Sunday, December 13, 2009
1 week Susan is gone.

Monday, December 14:
Josh Powell retains attorney.
JP does not show up to talk with LE.
Skips 3rd interview with LE

Wednesday, December 16,2009
LE takes DNA of Josh Powell.
Search home during a prayer vigil.
LE finds JOURNAL of Susan's at work

Friday/Sat, December 18/19
Josh on the run to Washington?

Saturday, December 19, 2009
ABC subpeoned for video tapes.
All news agencies asked not to destroy video tapes.

Sunday, December 20,2009
2 weeks Susan is gone.
World wide prayer vigil at 8:30pm.
JP and son show up unexpectedly to Susan's vigil.
they stand 15 feet away from Cox family and are silent.
JP talked to 1 sister for a moment Diane?
Suppose to of said he would talk to her later.
JP and sons staying in Steve Powell's house in a GATED
community.
Steve Powell father of Josh defends son in interview.
John Hellewell who is a neighbor of the Powell's found out about the trip Sunday when Josh called him. His first concern was to find someone to "pet sit" his birds.

if he was asked to take a poly and it has not been taken... I guess someone refused beit him or his atty.

I am sure the atty would not find it in his best interest.

Great digging that up PattyG!

Sorry guys I have not gotten a chance to watch any video from the latest candlelight vigil and I am slightly confused. Did Josh bring the 4 year old to the last vigil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni