Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14082069

Police have said they executed three search warrants in the Powell case. Two warrants were to search the Powell home and van; one warrant was to draw blood and other biological samples from her husband, Joshua Powell.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Common sense would tell you the police have executed at least 2 more search warrants and maybe 3. A search warrant for the rental car, a search warrant for Susans office or work space and one on Josh's work space or office. They would want warrants on all of them just to keep it 100% legal.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14082069

Police have said they executed three search warrants in the Powell case. Two warrants were to search the Powell home and van; one warrant was to draw blood and other biological samples from her husband, Joshua Powell.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Common sense would tell you the police have executed at least 2 more search warrants and maybe 3. A search warrant for the rental car, a search warrant for Susans office or work space and one on Josh's work space or office. They would want warrants on all of them just to keep it 100% legal.
    http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-ev...,0,54500.story

This article says 5 sw were served. Then there was another article about the rental car sw = 6 sw so far. IMO

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

dogs? don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    interesting posts by "hamburg" on that tribune article!

***note that if you read the comments most of the ones by "hamburg" are hidden so you have to click on them. And another note on what "hamburg" was saying was that (warning... this was in the comment section) that Josh had a breakdown.. and also that both his cell and the disposable cell were taken. He also said they have a dog or dogs and that the wet spot could have been from a pet having an accident while he was out sledding... riiiiiiiiight.....

I have two dogs and two babies - one of which is currently potty-training. We have "accidents" very often. I usually clean them up with a spot cleaner or some vinegar and water. We do have a carpet steam cleaner, but it is a huge PITA to prepare and use so when I do, I clean all the carpet - not just a spot. That would make no sense whatsoever. And I have never in my life put two fans on a wet spot to dry it faster. Whoever put the fans on that wet, newly cleaned spot was undoubtedly trying to conceal the fact that the spot was ever wet to begin with.

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dagnytaggart For This Useful Post:

Susan is still missing.

Maybe Josh knew of a place closer to home and initially did stash the body there. Later, he got the rental car and moved the body to a location much farther away. Maybe he had to dig with his hands in frozen snow and ice. Maybe Josh had help from Dad, or a gf, or even a bf, or maybe Josh did it all by himself. More will come out. Patience is needed to allow LE to sift through what they've collected.

The main thing to further this case along if to FIND SUSAN.

I just want to say that if he did any of these things, and it wasn't noticed by LE, then Josh must be a magician making Susan simply disappear. I find comfort only in believing LE is aware of Josh's and other's movements during the time crime was occurring. LE has confiscated items and are running tests on the carpet stain. I don't know if they are using search dogs, but hope so. (heck, call Roy Kronck, he'll find her)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dagnytaggart View Post
    I have two dogs and two babies - one of which is currently potty-training. We have "accidents" very often. I usually clean them up with a spot cleaner or some vinegar and water. We do have a carpet steam cleaner, but it is a huge PITA to prepare and use so when I do, I clean all the carpet - not just a spot. That would make no sense whatsoever. And I have never in my life put two fans on a wet spot to dry it faster. Whoever put the fans on that wet, newly cleaned spot was undoubtedly trying to conceal the fact that the spot was ever wet to begin with.
    Why he would leave the fan out to be discovered before he got home? I'm trying to put myself in this situation. I wouldn't leave the fans out to be discovered by someone else. Makes me wonder why he didn't go home sooner to set the scene up better and put those fans away. Then you think about the phone calls from friends and how it took another two hours for him to get back. Makes me think he was too far away to get home before he did, or he left the house much later than he said he did.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

I went back to start at thread#1....whew....3 1/2 to go...LOL I need to get up to speed with you guys....I may never catch up!!!

There was talk about her friend Kiirsi and her website a few pages ago...these are her comments in the very beginning of this case....also goes into her calling Josh, etc....and a good reason maybe why Josh didn't have time to remove the fans drying the carpet...he probably didn't think police would be breaking his windows....THANK GOD !!!

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top..._qSEhv08w.cspx

ETA : Will go back to find person who posted this link to give them credit for their work...

The original post with this article's link was made by RKnowley....Post #16....Thanks for the info!!
    Last edited by MyTinkieGirl; 12-29-2009 at 05:11 PM.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MyTinkieGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by what about this? View Post
    Wondering the same thing.

Also, does anyone know what percentage of the investigating LE are church members?
    Excellent question.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mom_of_five For This Useful Post:

I know this is O/T, but I always wish a NG or JVM show would have a 2 hour special or something to go over the missing persons and murder cases they've covered all year to give an update....just something quick to either get info out there for unsolved cases or just what's up with cases where they have suspects, trial results, new info, etc.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MyTinkieGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by harleysnana View Post
    Is there a clue in the interview with Josh when he said something like…
    “We went South to the”
    If something we all should learn is never to trust the words of a criminal trying to get away with crime.

LE should go more by the evidence gathered than by any testimony offered by JP. Though, his testimony is necessary to later prove that he lied about his whereabouts and Susan's disappearance.

IMO.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lipin One For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by what about this? View Post
    Well, I don't know about anyone else, but seeing how deeply rooted religious beliefs are there, do you think they may be having trouble being objective?
    If there was some proof that Susan was across state lines, alive and against her will or not alive, then the FBI could become involved, right?
    No... JMO

"Kirk Graves, who is married to Joshua Powell's sister, Jennifer, has said in previous media interviews he wouldn't be surprised if Joshua Powell is arrested in connection with the case."

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14037897

The above article has some interesting tidbits...

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mom_of_five For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lipin One View Post
    If something we all should learn is never to trust the words of a criminal trying to get away with crime.

LE should go more by the evidence gathered than by any testimony offered by JP. Though, his testimony is necessary to later prove that he lied about his whereabouts and Susan's disappearance.

IMO.
    But the point to my question was that IMO it looked to me like
    at first Josh said "We went South to" and then changed it to
    some place North.
    After the reporter started to question him is when he came up with
    the "Pony Express Trails" and IMO they would be considered North.
    So was the "South" a slip up?
    If it was then what is South?

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to harleysnana For This Useful Post:

Anyone researched possible screen names used by Josh and/or his father in the past?

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mom_of_five For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mom_of_five View Post
    Anyone researched possible screen names used by Josh and/or his father in the past?
    I really feel this is the direction to go in!

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to harleysnana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    As long as he stayed on the main highways, he'd be able to go out of state in a short amount of time. The state does a great job at clearing the roads here. It's rare that anything shuts down because of snow. In fact, I can only think of two times in twenty years the schools shut down because of snow.
    My thought is that he would NOT drive with a body in the car for 6 or 7 hours and risk being stopped by a trooper or being seen in a deserted area to be recognized later on, after her disappearance becomes public news.

I still think he didn't venture too far from home, to a place he had already been before.

About he putting 200 miles in the car, I'm surprised LE didn't have a tail on JP (being that he was suspected - the reason why his van was taken in the first place.)

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lipin One For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by harleysnana View Post
    I really feel this is the direction to go in!
    I'm looking into this, but could certainly use help since their names are so incredibly common...

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mom_of_five For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mom_of_five View Post
    I'm looking into this, but could certainly use help since their names are so incredibly common...
    What kind of things do you need help with?

According to Josh's real estate website, one of his hobbies is landscaping design...hm.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mom_of_five For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dagnytaggart View Post
    Good point. I've never set up a fan to dry a wet spot on the carpet either. I have used a hair blow dryer to dry a spot. Just reading your post makes me think about the fans being used to conceal, and then I shudder.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Now that the holiday craziness is mostly over, I have more time to reflect. Wasn't it Kiirsi's husband who drove Josh to get the rental car? If he didn't contact LE about this, why not?

I'm still waiting for a GF to pop up, or as some have suggested a BF aka Wayne. If it's the latter, that's something someone in Josh's shoes wouldn't want his friends in the ward and family to find out about. JMO based on my gay friends here, there are alot of closet gays in Utah because of the unacceptance of that lifestyle. Coming out is a very harsh experience here.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
    Susan is still missing.

Maybe Josh knew of a place closer to home and initially did stash the body there. Later, he got the rental car and moved the body to a location much farther away. Maybe he had to dig with his hands in frozen snow and ice. Maybe Josh had help from Dad, or a gf, or even a bf, or maybe Josh did it all by himself. More will come out. Patience is needed to allow LE to sift through what they've collected.

The main thing to further this case along if to FIND SUSAN.

I just want to say that if he did any of these things, and it wasn't noticed by LE, then Josh must be a magician making Susan simply disappear. I find comfort only in believing LE is aware of Josh's and other's movements during the time crime was occurring. LE has confiscated items and are running tests on the carpet stain. I don't know if they are using search dogs, but hope so. (heck, call Roy Kronck, he'll find her)
    Bold mine.

Thanks for the chuckle.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

That picture of Josh getting into the white van, that amandareckonwith posted a few pages back...there was a female in the passenger seat, with what looked like shoulder length hair. That wasn't his sister, cuz she has long hair...was it Kiirsi? If not, who was it?

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaReckonwith View Post
    Go back frame-by-frame on the vid. There is no vent on the van roof, what you see is the roof of the home in the background.

I thought so too (vent) but when you do stop frame, it isn't a vent.

eta:

Here are the pix.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

According to this website http://www.crimescenedetectives.org/...well_case.html , Josh is the owner of this business and website: http://polishedmarketing.com/

Confirmed by BBB: http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-rev...ey-ut-22011281

ETA: oops...I see another poster ran across this info already...
    Last edited by mom_of_five; 12-29-2009 at 06:48 PM.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to mom_of_five For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Now that the holiday craziness is mostly over, I have more time to reflect. Wasn't it Kiirsi's husband who drove Josh to get the rental car? If he didn't contact LE about this, why not?

I'm still waiting for a GF to pop up, or as some have suggested a BF aka Wayne. If it's the latter, that's something someone in Josh's shoes wouldn't want his friends in the ward and family to find out about. JMO based on my gay friends here, there are alot of closet gays in Utah because of the unacceptance of that lifestyle. Coming out is a very harsh experience here.
    Josh is such a proven geraphobic.....I can't even see him having sex.
    It's a wonder he had 2 sons. IMO, he probably was into something he didn't have to touch........LOL, IMOO
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast