Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1083

Thread: UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

I hope I can put an end to the questions about Kiirsi and the searching so we
    can move on and sleuth about Josh's dad... because I think that is where any clues may be.
    JMO

But being local... the police have not asked anyone to search.... in fact
    I would say that all reports I have seen have actually discouraged it!
    If anyone is from this area and want to search they are being directed
    by Kiirsi as well as other friends to contact the WV police and organize with
    them so that they can advise on procedures as to not ruin any evidence!

I have not seen Kiirsi tell people not to search. I have seen her defend herself
    when other ask why she is not... my guess... and I have a good reason
    for my guess......the police have asked them not to search!

One thing I know for fact is that Kiirsi wants Susan found! She is hurting
    more than anyone can know and she is doing all that she can to help find Susan!
    Others many not think so ... but I do!

There are reasons behind everything that is going on and we need to
    let the police do their investigation!

It makes me sad to see all the horrible things being said about Susan's
    friend and I hope that one day none of us are in her position.

Lets try to remember at this time that Kiirsi is Susan's friend and treat
    her with the respect that I'm sure Susan would want us to!

We may not know the reasons for the things Kiirsi is doing/ saying but I know
    she is working with the police so I imagine what she is doing is
    under their direction!

JMO... IMO...

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to harleysnana For This Useful Post:

Published: December 30th, 2009 09:33 EST

Susan Powell Case Stalls, Social Media Picks Up the Pieces

New information in the missing persons case of Susan Powell is scarce. Speculation on the internet and TV suggests that the West Valley Police are carefully making their case. This kind of media blitz is nothing like anything that they have ever experienced. They feel the pressure and must get it right, a picture perfect investigation.
    State court
    clerks confirmed on Monday that search warrants in the Powell case have been sealed. The Salt Lake Tribune has filed a motion to have the warrants opened. Michael O`Brian, a Tribune attorney, said: Access is especially important in prominent cases, such as the Powell case, because the public is paying more attention to how well court and law enforcement systems work in such cases. " (Warrants sealed in Susan Powell case, newspaper plans challenge by Nate Carlisle and Brooke Adams-The Salt Lake Tribune-12/29/2009).
    The police had issued three search warrants, two were at the Powell home and one was to draw blood and other biological samples from "the person of interest,` husband Joshua Powell. The contents of the warrants should be made public after 20 days, but the tension is mounting to make an arrest. (ibid-The Salt Lake Tribune)

The DNA tests and other tests from the lab will take a long time to produce results. I read that the Salt Lake City lab is understaffed, and they are under pressure to "get it right.` Remember how Johnny Cochran nailed the L.A. prosecutors when he proved that the chain of evidence was tainted? Prosecutors must be able to demonstrate every move, every change in the providence of evidence

http://thesop.org/opinion/2009/12/30...-up-the-pieces
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

How long would Josh be able to travel with Susan (corpse) in the car before decomposition would set in and dogs would pick up on it? TIA

I realize that with it being cold out it may help in the decomposition rate, But if the children were in the car I would imagine that the heat would have been on...IMO
    Last edited by LadyBug99; 12-30-2009 at 04:35 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyBug99 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyBug99 View Post
    How long would Josh be able to travel with Susan (corpse) in the car before decomposition would set in and dogs would pick up on it? TIA

I realize that with it being cold out it may help in the decomposition rate, But if the children were in the car I would imagine that the heat would have been on...IMO
    This question had been discussed at length in the Haleigh forum. I believe it is around 1 1/2 to 2 hours after death that the dogs will pick up the scent in a vehicle , house etc....
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

So this is what we've heard re JP's father thus far (bbm)...

Puyallup WA Joshua Powell's father said Sunday he believes his son is being "vilified" as questions swirl around the disappearance of his daughter-in-law, Susan Powell, who has now been missing for two weeks.

"The whole thing has just turned into a vilification of Josh and it will turn into a vilification of me, my ex-wife and my other kids," said Steven Powell, who spoke to The Salt Lake Tribune briefly through the partially open front door of his home Sunday.

"I'm not making any statement because it doesn't matter how benign it is or how supportive it is. Somebody will twist it around."

It's unclear whether Joshua Powell was at his father's home Sunday.

West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said Joshua Powell left Utah on Friday or Saturday and is spending the holidays in Washington, his home state.

Powell's attorney, Scott C. Williams, said Joshua took the couple's two children, Charlie, 4, and Braden, 2, with him on the trip. Williams declined to answer further questions Sunday.

Steven Powell's home is located in a gated community called Country Hollow in South Hill, a community just outside of Puyallup, Wash. Joshua and Susan Powell both attended high school at nearby Rogers High school. Susan's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, also live in Puyallup.

On Friday, the Coxes told The Salt Lake Tribune that Steven Powell isn't actively helping in the search for their daughter. The Coxes said they've had "issues" with Steven Powell in the past and aren't comfortable being around him.

Little other information about Joshua and his family has been available so far.

His mother and sister who live in Utah have declined comment on the case. Kirk Graves, who is married to Joshua Powell's sister, Jennifer, has said in previous media interviews he wouldn't be surprised if Joshua Powell is arrested in connection with the case.

In Washington, many in the Puyallup area are familiar with Joshua's brother, Michael Powell, an Army veteran elected to be a national delegate for President Barack Obama. Powell ran as a Democrat for a seat in the Washington State House of Representatives this fall and lost.

According to Michael Powell's campaign Web site, michaelcpowell.org, Joshua Powell served as a "technical coordinator" during his brother's campaign.

Steven Powell asked The Salt Lake Tribune to not publish his comments after he spoke to reporters. Powell said his house and the subdivision around it are private property and said he worries if media discover where he lives, they will "camp out" near his house.

He told Tribune reporters to "please just go and please do not come back." Asked whether he wants a chance to speak on behalf of Joshua Powell and explain the reasons why he thinks his son has been unfairly vilified, Steven Powell said, "I don't need to explain anything. There is nothing to explain."

Wokiedokie then... the only other thing we know re Steven (and ex-wife Terrica) is their embittered divorced was in 1992, per court records from Spokane Superior Court. Records show case dragged on for years (in court through 2003). Court docket gives minimal info re proceedings but states at least one RO (restraining order) filed during proceedings (no more info re restraining order given.) And observations re Susan's FIL in the interim, since Susan's disappearance, aren't terribly reassuring either. Here are some snippets...

'They also had "issues" with Joshua's father, Steven Powell, who could not be reached for comment for this story. A man who answered the door of a Puyallup home believed to belong to Steven Powell refused to speak to a Salt Lake Tribune reporter. The Coxes said Steven Powell isn't actively helping with the search for Susan...'(snip)

'"The whole thing has just turned into a vilification of Josh and it will turn into a vilification of me, my ex-wife and my other kids," father Steven Powell told the Salt Lake Tribune, before asking reporters to leave...' (snip)

'"One of the biggest problems Susan had was that (Josh) talked to his dad for hours, more than he talked to her," said Tim Peterson, a friend and member of the Powells' ward who has been vocal in the past about Josh Powell and once called police on him.' (snip)

There's your "other woman." I'm sorry daddy, but you're really just not makin a stellar impression at all. Can anyone else help me to pinpoint when SP (formally) "arrived" in WVC?

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14037897

Last edited by kiki the parrot; 12-30-2009 at 04:55 PM.

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to kiki the parrot For This Useful Post:

I think daddy taught Joshy everything he knows... re how to maintain the upper hand and come out a "winner"--at all costs. JMO

Last edited by kiki the parrot; 12-30-2009 at 05:28 PM.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kiki the parrot For This Useful Post:

I saw these youtube videos, one with Susan's sister talking about how she dreams about her and misses her so much. It's a good interview in that she makes it clear how hard it is to imagine anyone you know, your sister's husband, doing something so horrible. Accepting that there is that degree of evil in a person takes some time. The sister says she knows Josh must be having dreams of Susan and seeing her face. Hope so, hope he is haunted until he finally snivels his confession.

The videos are posted on the WS Forensic Astro Site:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=92999&page=2
    Last edited by Curious Me; 12-30-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: sentence structure

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kiki the parrot View Post

There's your "other woman." I'm sorry daddy, but you're really just not makin a stellar impression at all. Can anyone else help me to pinpoint when SP (formally) "arrived" in WVC?

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14037897

You got it.....I'm on it.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Taminator For This Useful Post:

I think daddy taught Joshy everything he knows... re how to maintain the upper hand and come out a winner--at all costs. JMO

Bingo kiki.

Is there anything else Josh's Dad has said or done to show his concern for Susan? Did he ever say anything about Susan being gone and looking for her? How odd Josh's father went right into the villification protection mode.

Dad's divorce sounded ugly, and maybe he felt he could help Josh avoid all that legal hassle, huh.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

I think daddy taught Joshy everything he knows... re how to maintain the upper hand and come out a winner--at all costs. JMO

JMO, Josh Powell is a total LOSER, before and since Susan vanished.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    JMO, Josh Powell is a total LOSER, before and since Susan vanished.
    Yes, "winner" in their eyes of course put in quotes, thanks.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kiki the parrot For This Useful Post:

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Josh couldn't find his way out of a wet paper bag without his daddy's help.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    I posted a comment on Kiirsi's blog entry entitled "The Dark Side of the Search for Susan Powell". Kiirsi replied to my comment and asked that I relay her thanks to those of us at WS who are sleuthing for the truth about Susan's disappearance. I copied that part of her reply and will post it below, hoping it won't be deleted by mods since it is per Kiirsi's request.

I think that there has been some confusion about who Kiirsi is referring to as "haters". I don't think she is referring to us...more likely it is people posting on local blogs. As for those who want her to be out searching...thats awfully hard to do in the snow and ice when there is no specific area to search and you have three little ones of your own to care for.

What searchers need is more specific info as to where Josh went. Kiirsi seems to be supporting us in sleuthing that out. Maybe we should try to be a bit more understanding of her difficult position at this time.
    ITA with you. I think she was talking about local news blogs. Ahem...KSL. They are very hateful. IMO, there just isn't enough info to do an organized search. Searching for the sake of searching would be wasteful and dangerous in our terrain and current weather. For one thing, where do you start to search? And I feel Kiirsi is hanging on to the last thread she has in believing her friend is still ok and that her friends husband didn't kill her. Kiirsi's heart will be broken soon enough.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

If it wasn't entirely clear, I speculated this would have enabled JP to have only driven anywhere up to six hours one way (12 total round trip), while Susan's body could have continued farther... clever way of defying LE if dad had his cell disabled or left it in WA eg... meanwhile Susan could've been transported considerably outside the parameters it would be estimated that *JP* himself could travel w/in the time for which he was unaccounted. Would daddy do this? IMO "You betcha..." Personally I'm starting to question the extent of this meddlesome father's role in the entire chain of events, beginning w it's inception...

My sis from Portland, Or. used to meet in Boise to hand off my kids for summer visits with her. Very doable with the timeframe of this case.

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    My sis from Portland, Or. used to meet in Boise to hand off my kids for summer visits with her. Very doable with the timeframe of this case.
    Agree suzi, when viewing a map this is an obvious choice for a midpoint meeting--or resting--place. IMO it's likely this has may have served over the years as their stop en route when traveling from one to the other--dividing 13.5 hour (or 850 mi) driving distance approx in half. I'm confident they would have arranged some meeting place in advance, and daddy would have instructed Joshy to either disable or leave his phone behind as well, take food, or pay for fuel, food etc in cash but someone might still recollect their faces or vehicles... btw have we ever seen what SP drives? Start passing out flyers with daddy's face and vehicle on them!

Last edited by kiki the parrot; 12-30-2009 at 06:13 PM.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kiki the parrot For This Useful Post:

If only LE struck it lucky and there was GPS on daddy's car (or on loaner if used) only SP's so paranoid he'd have disabled that anyway (or insisted on one w/out). We can only hope daddy's computer searches and other recent transactions may reveal something re his activities just prior to, and during, those crucial hours, when JP twice disappeared. FWIW doesn't look like Josh has much reason to return to Utah anytime soon... why should he?? He has no job there, is losing house... no, only "unpleasant memories" of a "rebellious, contentious" wife there why not just stay comfortably w daddy safely behind closed gates right here in Wa!

PLEASE somebody get those innocent little boys away from JP and SP!

Last edited by kiki the parrot; 12-30-2009 at 07:51 PM.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kiki the parrot For This Useful Post:

Missing Mom's Friend Believes She Was Abducted

She first posted her thoughts about Susan held against her will, someplace other than Utah, on a blog two days ago under the title ‘The Dark Side of the Search For Susan.’

Brian Mullahy: "What leads you to believe this?"

Kiirsi: "I can't say. All I can say is that Susan has told me many things over knowing her for the past five and a half years, and being a very close friend to her. Some of the things she's told me are things I've shared with the police, and that's what leads me to believe."
    http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=68962

I wonder if her theory involves Josh's dad holding her against her will in WA? It could play into a possibility of her being alive. I'm sure Susan has told her many things about him over the years.

I really want to hope she's alive, but I don't know....would be a wonderful miracle though.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Taminator For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Taminator View Post

I wonder if her theory involves Josh's dad holding her against her will in WA? It could play into a possibility of her being alive. I'm sure Susan has told her many things about him over the years.

I really want to hope she's alive, but I don't know....would be a wonderful miracle though.
    Why is LE not making her shut up? This is all very confusing to me. Something seems fishy about this girl.
    "And can it be that in a world so full and busy,
    the loss of one creature makes a void in any heart,
    so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth
    of eternity can fill it up?"
    ~~Charles Dickens

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=362
    http://sheriannherboys.com/

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lajr56 For This Useful Post:

with no new info, we can only rehash what we have here.

what I am thinking about is Steven Powell:
    the only statement he has made is about his son, Josh, being villified (why in the he## would that be?)

as patriarch, if you will, of his family---why NO statement about "let's please look for my DIL, Susan?" why no reaching out to Susan's family? after all the 'missing woman' happened to be married to his son, and had his 2 grandsons.

i feel this is totally abby-normal
    Last edited by lemonmoussetart; 12-30-2009 at 11:00 PM.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lemonmoussetart For This Useful Post:

What in the world could Susan have told Kiirsi over the years that would lead her to believe she has been abducted and taken out of state. No one knows ahead of time if they are going to be abducted to talk about it. It just doesn't make any sense. A person doesn't just tell someone that they are going to abduct them. Unless Josh and his dad have Susan hidden somewhere in a basement, drugged, tied up against her will. I wouldn't put anything past Josh. This is the only thing that would make any sense as to what Kiirsi says. I just can't understand her reasoning at all. JMO

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to angeleleven For This Useful Post:

It would be great if this far-fetched story was, somehow, true. But my gut is saying no, nO, NO!!! What a weird claim to make.

I'm thinking, if this girl had 5 1/2 years of info from Susan to go on supporting this story, LE would at least have a clue as to where to start looking.

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by angeleleven View Post
    What in the world could Susan have told Kiirsi over the years that would lead her to believe she has been abducted and taken out of state. No one knows ahead of time if they are going to be abducted to talk about it. It just doesn't make any sense. A person doesn't just tell someone that they are going to abduct them. Unless Josh and his dad have Susan hidden somewhere in a basement, drugged, tied up against her will. I wouldn't put anything past Josh. This is the only thing that would make any sense as to what Kiirsi says. I just can't understand her reasoning at all. JMO
    angel, have also contemplated this. just makes NO sense.

while i am not an elder, learned one, what i have deduced in my life that if something makes NO sense, it really does. you just don't have all the information. have surely seen that in my lifetime up close, and personal.

a riddle to be sure. what does she mean by this? no idea.
    but i am trusting that given she was friends with Susan for sooo long, this does make sense to someone on the 'inside.' i realize this is a bit out there, but so are Kiirsi's words. being friends with logical, smart Susan, i expect that this statement will be answered in the future. hopefully SOON

want to dismiss this as wishful thinking, but really. seriously?
    Last edited by lemonmoussetart; 12-30-2009 at 11:56 PM.

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lemonmoussetart For This Useful Post:

I have been reading on Kiirsi's blog. In her older posts I haven't yet came across any blog yet that has mentioned Susan or Josh. If they were that good of friends I would expect something about them doing something together. Maybe I need to read back further.
    I noticed she likes books and to cook. They also like to go camping up in Idaho in a place called City of Rocks. It is roughly 190 miles north of West Valley about a 3 1/2 hour drive.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by angeleleven View Post
    Yea and the wet spot being steam cleaned and dried w two fans was from Susan's tears after JP insisted she go to Wa...

47. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kiki the parrot For This Useful Post:

Yea and the wet spot being steam cleaned and dried w two fans was from Susan's tears after JP insisted she go to Wa...

you're right Kiki---reality check here

49. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lemonmoussetart For This Useful Post:

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344 LastLast