Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    For Josh to be able to go rent a car and take off for 24 hrs. to points
    unknown while LE inspected his van for evidence in this murder
    case is mind boggling.

I don't understand why he would not have been under surveillance.

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    snip . . .

I think he killed her and took this car back out to the site he killed her. He either went to check and see if anyone else had figured it out or to make sure his hiding place was still safe.

. . . snip
    I think returning to "the site" would be typical for a killer to do from what I've read. I cannot believe that LE would not be following him and recording his every movement. If I am wrong - if LE did NOT follow him 24/7 in the rental car - then they are totally derelict in their duty. I have to believe that they're getting all their ducks in a row and will arrest him soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAddict View Post
    For Josh to be able to go rent a car and take off for 24 hrs. to points
    unknown while LE inspected his van for evidence in this murder
    case is mind boggling.

I don't understand why he would not have been under surveillance.
    BINGO !! I am sorry but I also just do NOT understand what LE is doing here

why oh why wouldn't they have followed him?? Who knows what they would have seen/found??? This could be "over" and solved by now, some cold comfort for her poor family...and the boys would be safe instead of being with creepy Josh

The more I read the sicker I get here....grrrrrrr

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LogicalMinds For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by emmcee View Post
    I think returning to "the site" would be typical for a killer to do from what I've read. I cannot believe that LE would not be following him and recording his every movement. If I am wrong - if LE did NOT follow him 24/7 in the rental car - then they are totally derelict in their duty. I have to believe that they're getting all their ducks in a row and will arrest him soon.
    I agree completely!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GingerRed For This Useful Post:

Oh, thankfully there are others that believe LE should have/must have been following his movements every second after listening to Josh stumble through his first hinky interview. Please tell me LE is aware it is crucial to watch this man very closely every second until Susan is found.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by emmcee View Post

yes, this is what i am thinking too...they just want josh to think that he is not being followed in hopes of him feeling confident enough to go to where susan is..i really hope that is what is going on.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

The plot thickens:

Susan's emails to friends turned into police:

That friend said Susan talked to her one day about something she had written and left in her desk at work.

"She had mentioned about writing something so that no one would ever think she committed suicide. She said it would be so her boys would know that she would never kill herself because she would never leave her boys alone," the friend said.
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...rned-over.html
    Last edited by GingerRed; 12-22-2009 at 08:53 PM.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to GingerRed For This Useful Post:

I cannot believe that LE did not follow him when he rented the car and drove hundreds of miles.
    If they did not, WHY? I agree, they were derelict in their duty! But - maybe they did? If they did, I would assume that the body would have been found, because I am sure that is where he went.
    I just saw the case on Jane V-M. The friend Jovanna was on, and said Susan never gave any indication that they were having problems. she painted a pretty picture of the last night when she was over there crocheting. She obviously is on the side of Josh - she said he was soooo nice to her that night, put a blanket on her cause she was cold, cooked a nice dinner for her, cleaned up the dishes, and even made it a point to say "he cleaned up a spill from dinner that was on the floor." Weird remark - I think she was trying to elude about the wet carpet/fans.
    Jane was not buying all the lovey-dovey stuff. Her panel guest said it was not uncommon for abused women to not tell but only a few close friends. I though it was funny - the lady said she may not have confided in an "older" person who she went to church with!
    Anyway, I am frustrated about the rental car - this case may have been much further along, and Susan's family just continues to suffer.
    We speak for those who can no longer speak for themselves

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SusanB For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    I guess le is now checking out emails to her friends... check it out!
    (come ON deseret news... you slow loading.....blah.. blah.. blah!)

Several of Susan's friends, who wished to remain anonymous, confirmed to the Deseret News that they had turned over e-mails to police that Susan sent them in June and July of 2008, the point at which all friends agreed the Powells' marriage was at its worst.
    One of the friends confirmed that in one of the e-mails, Susan was afraid Josh Powell may kidnap her two boys, divorce her or worse.
    That friend said Susan talked to her one day about something she had written and left in her desk at work.
    "She had mentioned about writing something so that no one would ever think she committed suicide. She said it would be so her boys would know that she would never kill herself because she would never leave her boys alone," the friend said.
    "I didn't really know the context in which she was talking. I didn't even know what to say to that."
    The friend said that was the only time Susan brought up that topic.
    West Valley police declined Tuesday to talk about any potential evidence in the case. Other friends had reported earlier that a notebook Susan kept in her desk at work at Wells Fargo was among the items seized by police.

there of course is more telling info at the link. Arrest him already and let his children get on with the lives they have to live after knowing what their father did to their mother. I mean really.... Josh can take this so far... and than he can take it further and drag his children into little mangled bits with it. Wonder which one he will choose? It will speak to his level of depravity imhoo.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580882,00.html

Just got home, was this discussed yet? Susan had planned everything to leave Josh
    for OVER A YEAR!!!!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GingerRed View Post
    The plot thickens:

Susan's emails to friends turned into police:

In a very heartbreaking way, this is a comforting development. This stuff WILL move a jury.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GingerRed For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    For friends and family of Susan, the red flag to them that foul play is likely involved is that Susan would never leave her two young boys, ages 2 and 4.
    "She wouldn't even go visiting teaching for an hour without the boys," one friend said.
    Susan remained active in her LDS ward, even after Josh stopped going to church, according to friends. She was in the Relief Society and recently had accepted a new calling prior to her disappearance.
    Friends say 2008 was a tough year for the Powells' marriage. They confirmed previous reports that Josh was very controlling and that Susan confided with a few friends that she was considering whether to leave him

was the acceptance of the new calling the breaking point???????????

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    yes, this is what i am thinking too...they just want josh to think that he is not being followed in hopes of him feeling confident enough to go to where susan is..i really hope that is what is going on.
    I doubt if he will go back to the spot again............JMOO
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

I put this over on the abuse board but thought it appropriate to post here as well:

What is abuse? Is that what I'm going through???

This letter was written from one abused survivor to a support group of women in different phases of an abusive relationship. Just a few months ago she knew something desperately was wrong with the way her boyfriend was treating her but she didn't quite know WHAT it was. With her permission, I am posting it here in the hopes that we may be able to help educate the public on the subject of abuse. You may recognize yourself or a friend here...

School sounds great, I want to go back to school too but have health problems. It would really help keep me active and my mind off him. Plus the boost in self confidence and esteem would be tremendous...I just don't know what I want to do...

Wow, everyone's story is my own, snippets here, parts there. We all have SO much in common. And several months back I didn't even know there was a name for this. I was beginning to figure out that something really didn't feel right at all, something wasn't right. When I started reading, I was in a state of shock...

So the email I sent to his 'friend' got forwarded to him. So he left me an angry text calling me evil and a stalker!!! Well, he's called me so many names since our first conversation, it only frustrates me. I haven't heard from her so she must be a girlfriend trying to make him more mad at me. She doesn't realize he will treat her like dirt, if they even get together...one day she will realize that I really was telling the truth. I'm not going to email her back again.

I really really wish I had walked away from this when my instincts first told me he wasn't right. I was isolated, vulnerable, a bit depressed and very alone when he approached me. And no matter what, his abuse wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault, nor has it been the fault of any of you either.

At this point, trust is going to be a very difficult thing. But it will be important to surround myself with warm, loving, honorable and fun people. I am reliving it all over again and need to get distance from it once more...

Peace to you all..

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to omegagal For This Useful Post:

Fran
    Can this be added? E-mails sent last year by Susan Powell to friends told of marriage struggles between her and her husband to the point that she seemed to be in fear of him.

and did everyone read this in above article???
    He decided one afternoon to take his two boys camping, the friend said. They returned about 3 a.m. because it got too cold, and the boys subsequently got sick.
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast