Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc...eoBZ7M3RQ.cspx

right here is the motive... screaming out at us
    Okay, then this was an LDS Family Services counselor. It speaks volumes and volumes to me.....

Also LDS Family Services hires "unlicensed" people that have completed their masters degrees but need further supervised hours (usually 2 full time years) in order to sit for their professional lincensure exams in their states. Okay, my question is WHO WAS SUPERVISING THIS PERSON? Cause I see a possible professional ethics/liability issue

Okay I've been an administrator in a couple very large psych practices and I can tell you from personal experience, these doctors that do supervision are half butted at best in their supervision. They usually only agree to "supervise" if they are paid for it and/or if they can get the supervisee to do their paperwork, etc around the office.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to omegagal For This Useful Post:

Also, maybe during an argument about how Josh didn't go to church as promised, but he could take the kids out sledding, the argument got so heated Susan blurted out that she was done, and wanted a divorce.

Maybe that is what pushed Josh over the edge. Maybe it flashed through his mind that Susan would go on without him, divorce him, marry another man someday, and that he would only see 'his boys' on weekends. That he lost his control over her, finally.

Then, he killed her in a rage.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    JoVonna never said anything about a spill on the floor before, did she????

nope, i dont think so. this is the first i have heard her ever mention it...hmmm

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

I can't email you Smart, but nothing new. Just questioning about the rental car, and why LE was not monitoring more closely, where could he have went, etc. It was short.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lemonmoussetart For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    what i am getting at is that the cops want him to feel like he is not being followed...i think it would be stupid for him to go any place that would prove to be incriminating, BUT jp is not exactly brilliant either, lol! and if he thought he needed to move her or something he would have to go back...because what if where le has been searching is where he put her? i think he might go back to move the evidence...moo
    Where do you think JP was the 24 hours he was missing after he rented the car? and racked up hundreds of miles in the 24 hours that he had the car? Just want your view on this. Please.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Let us talk JoVonna for a moment.

And let us talk about those going to the church regularly and those who weren't

OBVIOUSLY Josh wasn't.

Ok..

So.... for some reason JoVonna and Susan's buddy K. (forget how to spell her name) are backing him up like buddies.

Why would they do this in lieu of their friend being missing? The only reason I can think of is that they were not privy to the inside knowledge of the relationship..
    This bee my opinion

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgufA0ZahoE[/ame]
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Wonder what her new calling was that would drive him to complete rage??
    Somewhere I remember hearing she was the new Relief Society Secretary. That's a nice calling. I bet she enjoyed it...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omegagal For This Useful Post:

Josh must love to drive and have plenty of gas money!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by omegagal View Post
    Somewhere I remember hearing she was the new Relief Society Secretary. That's a nice calling. I bet she enjoyed it...
    What is a Relief Society Secretary???
    Is this a church job on the side of her regular job?
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    Where do you think JP was the 24 hours he was missing after he rented the car? and racked up hundreds of miles in the 24 hours that he had the car? Just want your view on this. Please.
    I, of course wonder if he went back to where he left Susan's body- to make sure it was not visible (from the top of a cliff, or something), or to make sure it was still covered, and that animals had not gotten to it.

But, I also wonder the opposite- that Josh may have thought that the rental car did have GPS on it, or that he was being followed, so he drove around aimlessly, just to throw off the cops. Driving around for hours just to confuse the authorities, seems like something he would do, in my opinion.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
    I, of course wonder if he went back to where he left Susan's body- to make sure it was not visible (from the top of a cliff, or something), or to make sure it was still covered, and that animals had not gotten to it.

But, I also wonder the opposite- that Josh may have thought that the rental car did have GPS on it, or that he was being followed, so he drove around aimlessly, just to throw off the cops. Driving around for hours just to confuse the authorities, seems like something he would do, in my opinion.
    or go visit someone for comfort???
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Go back and listen to the JVM segment that Patty just posted. JoVanna says that Josh cleaned up a spill on the "kitchen floor". Since I doubt that their kitchen is carpeted I believe that this is not the wet spot that supposedly had fans blowing on it to dry it out.

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Melly53 For This Useful Post:

JoVonna never said anything about a spill on the floor before, did she????
    Now Jovanna signals to us our hinky meters have been correct all along!

LE needs to give her a poly exam. Why is she trying to cover for Josh?

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MysteryAddict For This Useful Post:

I doubt if he will go back to the spot again............JMOO
    Perps often return to the scene of the crime. I can't remember how many times LE followed Scott Peterson to the Bay, where he'd just gaze out and then drive home or onto where ever he was going. fwiw, the Bay was 90 miles from his home. He'd just drive by and then go home.

It was creepy,
    fran

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

[quote=lemonmoussetart;4595217]
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
    I just saw the case on Jane V-M. The friend Jovanna was on, and said Susan never gave any indication that they were having problems. she painted a pretty picture of the last night when she was over there crocheting. She obviously is on the side of Josh - she said he was soooo nice to her that night, put a blanket on her cause she was cold, cooked a nice dinner for her, cleaned up the dishes, and even made it a point to say "he cleaned up a spill from dinner that was on the floor." Weird remark - I think she was trying to elude about the wet carpet/fans.
    QUOTE]

pancakes and scrambled eggs = nice dinner?
    She has NEVER mentioned the spill before, and I'll tell you--that woman can't get enough of the news cameras, can she? And never ONCE has she mentioned the spill.

Before I thought the whole Jovanna issue was much ado about nothing. Now I'm really not so sure.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GingerRed For This Useful Post:

Come to think of it- Josh had to have known that the mileage on a rental car is noted at the time it is rented, and again at the time it was returned. Just about everyone knows that, right?

The more I think of it, the more I am certain that Josh just drove as many miles in it as he could to confuse the authorities.

He probably made a point of driving in a different direction than where he left her body, for the same reason.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

or go visit someone for comfort???
    But, wouldn't he be a bit paranoid that he was being tracked or followed? (I know I would, if I were him, lol).

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

after that video I have to say that I want to spank JoVononna! I have more adjectives for her but respectively restrain from using them at this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A TONGUE HOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This bee my opinion

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

the spill she mentioned in the kitchen was NOT THE ONE IN THE LIVING ROOM... no way...

JoVonna... go home!!!!!!
    This bee my opinion

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

She does seem to love her new found fame. JoVanna saw exactly what Josh wanted her to see in the home that night. A caring, attentive, loving husband to his wife. Someone that you would never suspect of killing is wife. She is his character witness.

I have no doubts that JoVanna was NOT privy to the truth of the marriage or the problems they were having. JMO

42. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Melly53 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    {{{{PattiG}}}} thank you again for posting the clip, as always we can count on you.

2 things I noted after actually listening to the interview:

JoVonna said that Josh made dinner---never heard her use the word nice.

The big one is that she said he spilled something on the kitchen floor. Unless they have carpeting in their kitchen, this would just be as easy cleanup--no fans necessary for that.

44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lemonmoussetart For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
    But, wouldn't he be a bit paranoid that he was being tracked or followed? (I know I would, if I were him, lol).
    Think back to all the calls Scott Peterson made to Amber Frey after he knew the police knew about her.

After reading here for years (and watching a few episodes of "COPS") I no longer use the term "criminal mastermind" in any context.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

"I'll put it this way: I certainly wouldn't want her behind me in a knife fight." -- me

Email me

46. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to adnoid For This Useful Post:

Okay, then this was an LDS Family Services counselor. It speaks volumes and volumes to me.....

Also LDS Family Services hires "unlicensed" people that have completed their masters degrees but need further supervised hours (usually 2 full time years) in order to sit for their professional lincensure exams in their states. Okay, my question is WHO WAS SUPERVISING THIS PERSON? Cause I see a possible professional ethics/liability issue

Okay I've been an administrator in a couple very large psych practices and I can tell you from personal experience, these doctors that do supervision are half butted at best in their supervision. They usually only agree to "supervise" if they are paid for it and/or if they can get the supervisee to do their paperwork, etc around the office.
    Interesting insights...thanks..

OT : on the Elizabeth Olten thread some of us (me me LOL) have wondered if perhaps Allyssa Bustamente was getting "therapy" thru her Gma's (Mormon) church??? Would they provide therapy /counseling for depressed teen??

thanks

48. The Following User Says Thank You to LogicalMinds For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure what a 'Relief Society Secretary' is, but I believe you when you say it was a nice position to have.

Which tells me it was yet another reason for Josh to be jealous of Susan, and her obvious successes.

I can just picture his envy and rage perculating and finally boiling over.

50. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast