The RIFT Between Casey and Her Family.."Strategy" or for Real?*revisit*

affinity

Reaction score
It's nearly Christmas...another year without Caylee AND another year without the Anthonys physically going to the jail to see KC.

GA and CA have explained that they do not see KC at the jail because "they" pick apart everything in the videos. "They" are the reason that GA and CA (and presumably Lee) can't see KC.

The above explanation doesn't wash with WS'ers (I've seen in other posts)...and I am wondering how you feel about the rift between KC and her family. In my experience a bona fide feud or rift is very difficult to overcome. I've had times during my lifetime when I did not speak with important members of my family and the more time that racked up during the feud/rift...the harder it was to begin speaking again. AND..it generally takes some special circumstance/event in order to begin talking again. Have you ever not spoken with key people in your life (like your Mother/sibling/etc?) It is such a major thing to not speak for over a year! Of course, the A's may be writing to KC...but if there is no answer, it is still considered silence.

Wouldn't the A's be smart to go to the jail over Christmas just to say Merry Christmas, Casey? If they REALLY want to support KC..shouldn't they do that..or is the feud/rift getting too be too major of a divide?

Do you think the silence/lack of any visit is an indicator of strategy as outlined by the A's? or is it really a feud (instigated by Casey)?

If you love your child, you wouldn't allow nit picking to keep you from them. JMHO
They know she is guilty, they still love her and still want to see her.
I think that Casey has chosen to not have them visit unless it is not recorded..Because she cares more about herself than them..

KC knows her mother very well. She knows CA will try to get something out of her because during the visits CA takes control. If KC refuses to see them...KC has control. JMO

KC tends to blow up and attack when she is "frushtrated" - something we have seen for ourselves in early visits, and heard from Tracy M's depo, when she snarks back to her dad to stop being a cop and start being a dad, simply because he confronts her and demands an explanation. We also saw the petty statement she made JB read regarding how her wishes had not been met by the family regarding Caylee's remains.

I think she continuously uses others to lash out at or as scapegoats when she is not the center of the universe or they are not fulfilling her wishes. It's not pretty and the family I'm sure realizes she does not know how to act appropriately at any given time. To spare themselves the embarrassment and to avoid giving her another chance to show how insensitive she is to anyone but herself, I think they have stayed away.

She has also managed to refuse visits to them in the past out of anger. I can't imagine that, given how she barely acknowledges them in court, she has not built up a huge wall of resentment that they have not managed to make this all go away for her, and that her attitude would spill over into a visit unless it was so carefully choreographed that everyone was reading from a script.

I can see any one of them telling her they love her and KC launching into an angry tirade of why that just isn't true. The unspoken reason they all don't want the visits recorded is the fact that they could get very ugly, I'd imagine.

It's nearly Christmas...another year without Caylee AND another year without the Anthonys physically going to the jail to see KC.

GA and CA have explained that they do not see KC at the jail because "they" pick apart everything in the videos. "They" are the reason that GA and CA (and presumably Lee) can't see KC.

The above explanation doesn't wash with WS'ers (I've seen in other posts)...and I am wondering how you feel about the rift between KC and her family. In my experience a bona fide feud or rift is very difficult to overcome. I've had times during my lifetime when I did not speak with important members of my family and the more time that racked up during the feud/rift...the harder it was to begin speaking again. AND..it generally takes some special circumstance/event in order to begin talking again. Have you ever not spoken with key people in your life (like your Mother/sibling/etc?) It is such a major thing to not speak for over a year! Of course, the A's may be writing to KC...but if there is no answer, it is still considered silence.

Wouldn't the A's be smart to go to the jail over Christmas just to say Merry Christmas, Casey? If they REALLY want to support KC..shouldn't they do that..or is the feud/rift getting too be too major of a divide?

Do you think the silence/lack of any visit is an indicator of strategy as outlined by the A's? or is it really a feud (instigated by Casey)?

I really like the concept of this thread...I believe there may be a tentative rift which is prompted by KC.

KC turned her parents away early on-When KC and GA were speaking in the jail videos about seeing one another, KC was a little tense-First, she told CA she would like to see her dad, and then GA gets on the phone and asks if she wants to see him-KC gets a little frustrated to have to repeat herself to him. Maybe she did not want to commit. When GA did show up, after all that trouble, she turns him away-Conveniently blaming her attorney. But, as much as I think JB stinks on ice, I am not sure he would turn GA away completely-Why couldn't he be there while GA talked to KC? I think KC really did not want to see him or be asked anything more. Just like with LE-She tells them she wants to talk to them, then hides behind JB when he shows up for them to have the interview.

Mom and dad outed her and got her indicted. This is not lost on KC. I think CA/GA think they should work through it with KC, but KC doesn't care now. If her parents can't get her out of jail, like they got her into it, they are useless to her. The courtroom seems to be the only place they can make inroads with KC, so they show up. But I believe there is a rift there and rather than addressing the rift directly, KC just tells her parents she does not want to see them because she does not want to be taped.

CA has her own terms, too, that widen the rift-If she goes to visit KC, she wants to be able to ask her questions about Caylee-She feels that, in a vacuum, KC would tell her everything. The fact that KC won't must frustrate CA, but she has to maintain a caring attitude towards KC, or she'll never get what she wants.

One can only imagine who would put their ego aside to feel the visit was about the OTHER, and not the SELF. My guess is no one. Maybe George. Maybe.

I think the issue about videotaping the visits is just a big coverup for the fact that Casey refuses to see anyone.

She does not want to be asked questions or even consoled. She doesn't care about any of the people who would bother to visit her.

That, however, would look really bad, so they are using the excuse about the videos.

Rift or not, the best thing KC can do is exercise her right to remain silent. That includes talking to people while she is in jail. I think her mother thought that the "remaining silent" gig was just a lawyer thing but once she heard what the SA did in court regarding CA's statement of Caylee's manual dexterity, she realized with a shock what the gist of remaining silent was all about.

Rift or not, the best thing KC can do is exercise her right to remain silent. That includes talking to people while she is in jail. I think her mother thought that the "remaining silent" gig was just a lawyer thing but once she heard what the SA did in court regarding CA's statement of Caylee's manual dexterity, she realized with a shock what the gist of remaining silent was all about.

BBM

Ohhhh yeeaaahhhhhhhh........

This is another conundrum, like the Web of Lies.

If KC was innocent then there is no harm for the family to go visit her, for it to be taped and, for the tape to be released to the media. None at all.

In fact, even with KC being guilty the video tapes can be used as propaganda IF the family was clever and used the media both to get an alternate theory out as well as humanize KC.

I think they don't want the visits because they are done by video conference as well as being recorded and I think CA/GA want to see KC in person as well as private and have complete confidentiality -- as BC sought. They want special treatment.

I do agree that KC has little use for them now since they are not fixing this and making it go away and she is going to use them to vent against --- that it is ALL their fault she is in this situ and they turned her in.

KC and the A's are in a terrible plight since like the Diary of Days, Trust No-one -- they are a dsyfunctional family who need to work some things out privately but they no longer have that luxury since their daughter is in jail .... and deservedly so.

While there is nothing to stop the A's from visiting and expressing their love and support if they wanted to -- the need to confront, connive, clash, contrive is greater than their ability to just visit -- and no stage managing would preclude an inevitable ugly scene.

Sad. Sad that they cannot just visit but this has created a rift that isn't easily resolved and they are stuck in their respective opposite corners based on circumstance and character.

Trust me, there are very few things that KC is in control of right now in her life and that one thing is figuratively giving her parents the finger by NOT allowing them to visit her.

She blames them for her being in jail (well....aside from LE). From very early on she made it clear to Lee and her parents that she didn't want them coming down to the jail or to her hearings.

She KNOWS that they know the truth and can't handle looking them square in the eye. If GA is telling her she is gorgeous, she can suck that up, but SHE KNOWS THAT EVERYONE KNOWS that she is a lying, thief and murderer and would rather continue living in denial and in her screwed up fantasy that she is going to get off for killing Caylee.

As for the Anthonys, so what if their visits are taped? If I TRULY thought that my child was innocent, I'd be at that jail to comfort, offer solace and encouragement to them, frequently! We wouldn't have to talk about the case...I'd just want them to see me and hear my voice.

KC has no use for her parents any longer and she is making it loud and clear with her actions.

KC has no use for her parents any longer and she is making it loud and clear with her actions.

Just like she had no use for Caylee - she made it loud and clear with her actions then too. Even if she were to argue she didn't kill Caylee, she had no use in garnering all of the help in the world (ie: LE, FBI, her parents, search teams and perfect strangers) to locate her daughter in a timely manner. It is all about what is useful to KC.

Well, except for the boys, the drinking/partying, the computer, cellphone and car - I imagine her life is pretty much the way it was when she was staying with TL. Not much to do but waste time. A Huge Waste . . . . . . . . . . . .

I'm 50/50 on this. I think partly it's KC not wanting to see her family because she feels this is all their fault. She's doing this to spite them. But, I also think the A's and JB are worried about what might be said. CA using the excuse that everyone picks kc apart is BS. She's terrified what kc might say to incriminate herself and probably that one of them may say something that'll hurt kc's case. I'm pretty sure they know they can't go in and just say "Merry Christmas, we miss you". They know it won't just stay light and fluffy.

I think it's an obvious MUST for the defense to not allow the A's and kc to talk. Unfortunately for them, though, there's too many of us that know why. But, they would rather us assume what we all know would happen than take the chance of making her look worse on video.

Besides, what would the A's say if they went . . . "Sweetie, we're looking for the monster that did this and won't stop til we find them"? Nope. They can't because they never have and never will.

I think that says more than anything.

It is my opinion that Casey does not want to see her parents I don't believe she can face them. Because she knows that they know.

Question along this line .... will the jury be informed that Casey's parents and brother and grandmother and Aunts and Uncles and friends have NOT visited her in over a year, when the trial gets under way? Or, is this a fact that only the public knows outside of the actual trial?

Just like when there are no friends or family sitting in the audience during a trial, to show support of a defendant, I think it speaks volumes AGAINST Casey, if the jury is made aware that none of her family visited her while she was awaiting trial.

It's obviously a ploy of some kind. Even Lee hasn't been to see his precious CMA. I'm sure it's another goofball tactic by the defense. Seriously, they are total camera hounds it's not as if they are shy

As others have said, Casey has no use for Cindy and George now. I think that the defense is more than happy with this arrangement, because they need to separate Casey from her very unpopular parents. The "crying" episode in court recently, Cindy and George's quiet demeanor...all speak to an attempted make over by the defense. They need to make over Cindy and George, in the public's eyes, as much as they need to make over Casey. My opinion Only.

if she were your daughter, would you go see her?

not YOUR daughter, but her, the way she is, what she has done, and how she acted when the did go see her.

maybe you would, but how hard is it to understand them not?

KC tends to blow up and attack when she is "frushtrated" - something we have seen for ourselves in early visits, and heard from Tracy M's depo, when she snarks back to her dad to stop being a cop and start being a dad, simply because he confronts her and demands an explanation. We also saw the petty statement she made JB read regarding how her wishes had not been met by the family regarding Caylee's remains.

I think she continuously uses others to lash out at or as scapegoats when she is not the center of the universe or they are not fulfilling her wishes. It's not pretty and the family I'm sure realizes she does not know how to act appropriately at any given time. To spare themselves the embarrassment and to avoid giving her another chance to show how insensitive she is to anyone but herself, I think they have stayed away.

She has also managed to refuse visits to them in the past out of anger. I can't imagine that, given how she barely acknowledges them in court, she has not built up a huge wall of resentment that they have not managed to make this all go away for her, and that her attitude would spill over into a visit unless it was so carefully choreographed that everyone was reading from a script.

I can see any one of them telling her they love her and KC launching into an angry tirade of why that just isn't true. The unspoken reason they all don't want the visits recorded is the fact that they could get very ugly, I'd imagine.

cycebeans, I think you have it exactly correct. From what we have seen both in jail visits and Casey's behavior in court, she's a time bomb. I don't think anyone in this case, mom and dad, and attorneys included, know what to expect from Casey. Example - the arm holding by the attorney in her last court appearance.
I would be safe to guess Casey will act out during her trial, both for the murder of Caylee and the forged check charges. Casey is not a happy camper and I have the feeling she is ready to strike out at anyone.
I'd love to have a ringside seat for her trail appearances.
jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back