Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Cha Cha, I'm so sorry about your niece. I'm not very good at sleuthing but I will pray for your niece's son, and the rest of your family.

Obviously, one would think the father of the little boy would be a suspect. If he passed the lie detector test then my second thought is the man that found her. What do you know about him?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizzybeth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    ChaCha I am so very very sorry for your loss!!!

She was trying to obtain an order of protection because of stalking and threats-hard to believe this is not related. The question is who was she trying to get away from? I mean, the murder seems pretty personal....jmo. The phrasing around the "English speaking acquaintance of her current boyfriend" struck me as odd, fwiw. How did this person happen upon her? Did she live with her current boyfriend??
    Lacey lived with her new boyfriend and he didn't speak english. Lacey had obtained an OP on her ex earlier this year. She reported sh had been trying to escape abuse and stalking from the ex. The boyfriend came home and found her this way.
    *My comments are only my opinion, not fact. It is my commentary on the topic, and I'm exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Comments are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I agree with what John Douglas said in his book Law and Disorder:

"Our 1st allegiance must always be to justice. Justice is often uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean we should turn our heads away. Justice is truth in action. Whatever it means and wherever it takes us. Justice is not a political game, it is a search for truth."

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    Cha Cha, I'm so sorry about your niece. I'm not very good at sleuthing but I will pray for your niece's son, and the rest of your family.

Obviously, one would think the father of the little boy would be a suspect. If he passed the lie detector test then my second thought is the man that found her. What do you know about him?
    I don't know much, only what Lacey told me. I know he didn't speak english. Lacey said she loved him. The first responders report said no other marks. So I would asume that means no bruises.

I do know he was jealous at times. But as you can see she is very pretty. She never complained of abuse from the current boyfriend. But I know she could have been ashamed and not said. Especially having said she was battered before.
    *My comments are only my opinion, not fact. It is my commentary on the topic, and I'm exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Comments are NOT made with any malicious intent.

"Our 1st allegiance must always be to justice. Justice is often uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean we should turn our heads away. Justice is truth in action. Whatever it means and wherever it takes us. Justice is not a political game, it is a search for truth."

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
    The article makes it sound like the knife used was from her own kitchen. I'm thinking argument/fit of rage, and her killer just grabbed the closest weapon available.

Were the authorities able to lift fingerprints from the knife?
    From what I heard read from the 1st responders report I don't think it was a fit of rage. Lacey would have fought back. She was a fighter. They bagged her hands and only found what looked like one slash of the knife across the throat. There was a small wound on the left shoulder/clavical which looked like a nick cause from the slash of the knife.

I wondered if it had been a possible murder for hire. I had also wondered if it could have been a gang hit. I've even heard of a gang which goes by the name the cutthroats (Latin Counts or Kings).

This is all speculation on my part. I don't know about prints it's in the collecting stage of the investigation.

I know they're also waiting for the cell phone records.
    Last edited by ChaCha; 12-22-2009 at 09:42 PM.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    ChaCha...do you know if the parentage test had went through and what the results were ?
    I believe there was some kind of a custody dispute. It had only begun I believe last May. I'm not clear what happened.

Last edited by ChaCha; 12-23-2009 at 09:51 AM.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    This is important, why was she at the doctor, pregnant?
    STD to make boyfriend mad at her???
    No defensive wunds........odd.
    Was she already deceased when her throat was cut?
    Are both X and recent BF spanish???
    I wondered the same thing. She has stated she wanted to marry her new boyfriend and make a new life with him. I asked and no one knew why she was at the Dr.

Could have been anything.

I wonder if they surprised her and cut off her air supply and then laid her down and cut her throat.

Yes both were latino and I believe may have been here illegally.
    Last edited by ChaCha; 12-22-2009 at 09:50 PM.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Prayers to you and your Family. I hope they solve this soon.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carolina Girl For This Useful Post:

If the ex asked for the pat. test then that means at some point he was questioning if he was the father of the boy, and more then likely that was do to the fact he found out he would have to pay child support for this boy.

Sadly I have seen case's where mothers are killed just for that simple fact...dad does not want to pay.

I wonder what his alibi is ? Do you have any idea....
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

omg i have no words im so sad for you and your family i will pray that your beloved niece gets the justice she so deserves

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zadari For This Useful Post:

ChaCha my heartfelt sympathy and prayers go out to you and your family. How terribly sad, especially at this time of the year.

The timeline seems to be kind of tight for a stranger since she'd been at the doctor around 3pm then found shortly after 7pm. Right now I'm leaning toward someone who knows her ex or someone connected with the new b/f. But that's just my initial impression from what you've posted here.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

ChaCha I'm so sorry for your loss... Your niece was such a beautiful young woman. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I hope they will quickly find and capture the person who had done this so you and your family will have closure.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J. Brannagh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaCha View Post
    She reported she had been trying to escape abuse and stalking from the ex. The boyfriend came home and found her this way.
    Please accept my sincere condolences over the loss of your niece, Lacey.

Violence against women in this country is grossly out of control. In Lacey's case, I don't think we have any choice but to point the finger at the ex. She had a 2009 order of protection (OP) against him for stalking, abuse, and threats.

I don't care if her ex passed a LDT. I don't care if he has an alibi. He's the one with the motive. I hope the police are simply stalling until they have gathered enough evidence to nail him. He may have hired someone else to commit the deed, but surely he was behind it.

May the peace of the Lord descend on you and all of Lacey's family and friends. The truth shall be revealed.
    The purity of a person's heart can be quickly
    measured by how they regard animals.
    Anonymous

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to truthsleuth For This Useful Post:

Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    ChaCha

I am so shocked and saddened to read this. Especially knowing some of what your daughter has experienced. My prayers to you and your family and for swift justice.

Of course we at WS will do whatever we can.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

ChaCha, so sorry to hear about your neice. My prayers for you and your family.

I have more questions than anything.

First, where was she found? If in the home, was there any sign of the home being broken into? If someone came to the door, would she look before she opened it? How many doors into the residence? Was there any signs of disturbance in the home, even if nothing broken just misplaced? Another resource for asking questions is the mortuary that prepared her for burial. Usually they won't discuss the injuries unless the family directly asks questions. Ask because sometimes some bruises won't show up for 24-48 hours after death. Family can request a copy of the autopsy. It may or may not be released to the family, but it is worth a try (sometimes they can't release it on an active investigation.) The death certificate will also have some discription of the injuries.

Here is my reasoning for the questions. It sounds like she was hit with a blitz attack. If she was found at the entrance, then it most likely happened when she went to answer the door. If she was found away from the entrance, then either she with someone she knew or she could have been running from someone (but if she was running toward another entrance, then I would have expected more defensive injuries, when she got caught.) Even the smallest injury on the hands and arms is considered a defensive wound, so a small bruise or nick is defensive.) If she was in the habit of checking before she answered the door, then you can almost bet that it wasn't the ex or anyone else she was afraid of.

Check her cell phone records. Who has she been making calls to and receiving calls from recently? Talk to her girl friends. Family may know a lot, but everyone has things they don't want to mention to family. Has she been making complaints about the bf, or anyone else? When was her last contact with the ex? What was the attitude then?

Listen closely to the current BF's discription of events. Where was he when it happened?

Try to find out if both the knife and the cord or rope came from the home. Did police get any usable fingerprints? And were any from anyone outside the home/.

At this stage, don't rule anyone in or out.
    Last edited by mysteriew; 12-23-2009 at 01:52 AM.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

Cha Cha - my heartfelt prayers to you and your family. I'm so very sorry.

I don't believe LE should be quite so quick to dismiss the ex BF. He may not be the killer, but my guess is he knows what happened and why.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast