Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 276
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,873
    This does sound like a gang 'hit' to me.

    I wonder if the ex-boyfriend may have called in a 'favor' from his gang. (In most Mexican gangs, wives and girlfriends are viewed as possessions of men).

    If this was indeed a gang hit, there would have been two of them- one to commit the murder, the other to serve as back-up and look-out. Maybe another third person waiting in a car a block or so away.

    Whomever killed her may have picked the lock (did Lacey have a sliding glass door? Very easy to pick a sliding glass door lock), and may have been waiting for her in the apartment when she arrived home.

    Most likely scenario, is the killer(s) silently ambushed her as she was finding her key/putting key in the lock. They came up behind her while she was facing her front door, knife or wire to her throat, gloved hand over her mouth- quickly and almost silently. Then they would proceed into the apartment with her to commit the crime in privacy.

    If it was a gang hit, the killers were more than likely in and out of the apartment in just a matter of minutes.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.


  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,873
    'The Latin Kings' are said to be the largest and most powerful Mexican/Latino Gang in all of Chicago. In fact, they are in the top three of all Chicago gangs, and actually got their start in Chicago.

    ChaCha... did Lacey know someone in or affiliated with this gang, the Latin Kings?

    (BTW- Please see the links I added to my post #74, on the previous page).
    Last edited by smart blonde; 12-25-2009 at 11:33 PM.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.


  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaCha View Post
    I agree. I have wondered if the ex had become threatened by the new boyfriend taking his son and what he saw as his US connection and funds.
    Great information Smart Blonde!

    Cha Cha, great theory, but I am wondering if he would have "bloodied his hands" himself, or called in a favor. (This would of course not absolve him of guilt, but unfortunately would be more difficult to prove.) I think the latter is the greater chance of being what happend, as he is someone who was aware of your nieces strength and the fact that he may be recognized if he were seen at the scene of the crime.

    Any man who tries to solve problems by beating a woman should ALWAYS be the prime suspect in that womans murder investigation. An alabi should HAVE to be proven by eye witness testimony, from someone other than family, girl friends, or "a friend" in such a situation. (I know that is not always possible, but the character of the witness as well as the circumstances need to be questioned!) That is inless it can be backed up by other evidence! That time frame during the day should be easy to find multiple witness testimony, possibly traffic cameras, receipts etc, to back up his "alabi". I am sure LE will try to make sure his alabi is valid!

    The other thing that strikes me oddly, is that someone had to have seen or heard something or someone since it was daylight and late afternoon, early evening. Children would be out of school.

    Also, the fact that Lacey was frightened enough to have her son stay with her parents is a huge neon light. stating she knew she was in danger. Again this tells me the phone records will tell who is most likely responsible.

    I know I've said most of this already, but I just have that nagging feeling I am missing something VERY obvious.


  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:


  7. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaCha View Post


    Will my friends here at websleuths help us find Lacey's killer?

    My niece Lacey Claire Gaines just turned 20 on Dec 1 and was murdered on Dec 7, 2009.

    There have been a few Facebook sites and a memorial site created. You may read all news so far at links on sites.
    Story Link

    http://www.my.opera.com/LaceyClaireGaines

    We have a petition for Justice for Lacey at: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/laceygainesmurder

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help.....ess.../2379838

    http://laceygaines.yolasite.com/

    http://peace4missing.ning.com/profil...ource=activity
    I'm so sorry. How horrible for you and all her family especially her little boy. He needed his mom. The monster who did this must pay. My first instinct is the ex. It's usually the ex. I could be wrong but I don't think so.


  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinamia For This Useful Post:


  9. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,700
    [quote=ChaCha;4600343]
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    Respectfully snipped for space.

    ChaCha, here's the apartment complex as it looks on Google Earth. If you want a more zoomed in photo, or zoomed out, let me know. I wasn't sure how close you wanted it.






    WOW THANK YOU! I wondered if you could show the entry way to main door.
    I tried, but it wouldn't let me go to street level. I'll try again in the morning when my husband is up..he's like a pro at using google earth, lol.


  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:


  11. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,337
    Capture.JPG

    2Capture.JPG


    I will try this, sure hope I don't shut down the site.


  12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carolina Girl For This Useful Post:


  13. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,337
    Wooohoo! I never did that before.

    3Capture.JPG

    4Capture.JPG


  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carolina Girl For This Useful Post:


  15. #83
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,083
    I think it was the ex boyfriend. He is abusive and she even tried to get a protection order on him and it's my understanding that she couldn't get one. It seems like the guy was nothing but trouble. Lacey broke up with him which you don't do to a control freaking abusive creep. Then she had the nerve to get another boyfriend. That is a real big no no to an abuser and control freak. Then bring the little boy into it. There is no way this creep could ever have gotten custody of the little boy. Sounds like he started proceedings and then didn't carry through.

    I don't think he would have anyone else do this murder for him. Most killers like the victim to know it is him. Yes, he knew that Lacey was strong and that is why he grabbed her from the back instead of the front. He probably even let her know that she was going to die. I don't think he was worried about being seen and he wasn't seen...no one was. I'll be surprised if this murder was committed by anyone else but the ex.

    I just wish Lacey hadn't gone home after she dropped her little boy off. She might have felt like my daughter did though....my daughter said "mom I can't hide forever. I have to work and live my life. I can't just hide out forever because I'm afraid of what he might do. She had a protection order! As we know they are worthless and having one wouldn't have helped Lacey.

    I hope it won't be long until the creep in locked away and made someone's girlfriend in prison.


  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bobbisangel For This Useful Post:


  17. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    I think it was the ex boyfriend. He is abusive and she even tried to get a protection order on him and it's my understanding that she couldn't get one. It seems like the guy was nothing but trouble. Lacey broke up with him which you don't do to a control freaking abusive creep. Then she had the nerve to get another boyfriend. That is a real big no no to an abuser and control freak. Then bring the little boy into it. There is no way this creep could ever have gotten custody of the little boy. Sounds like he started proceedings and then didn't carry through.

    I don't think he would have anyone else do this murder for him. Most killers like the victim to know it is him. Yes, he knew that Lacey was strong and that is why he grabbed her from the back instead of the front. He probably even let her know that she was going to die. I don't think he was worried about being seen and he wasn't seen...no one was. I'll be surprised if this murder was committed by anyone else but the ex.

    I just wish Lacey hadn't gone home after she dropped her little boy off. She might have felt like my daughter did though....my daughter said "mom I can't hide forever. I have to work and live my life. I can't just hide out forever because I'm afraid of what he might do. She had a protection order! As we know they are worthless and having one wouldn't have helped Lacey.

    I hope it won't be long until the creep in locked away and made someone's girlfriend in prison.
    Lacey was a very smart girl. She asked me what to do and I told her to file police reports. Which she did. I told her to file for an OP and she did. She even went to the police to show them he admitted to having sex with her when she was under-aged and she asked if they could press charges against him for statutory rape. She took photos of him with her cell phone running away to show police he had been there. She took her text messages to the police and had a trap put on her phone.

    But no one did anything. She was frustrated no one was doing anything. She didn't feel like anyone took her situation seriously. She couldn't get away from him.

    I feel very badly I wasn't able to help her. I gave her hundreds of attorney's names, advocate names, shelter names.

    She called almost all of them. The attorneys couldn't help her. The advocates tried to help her and so did the shelters. But still she couldn't escape. She was young and she was frustrated by the system. She was desperate.

    I feel she was a victim of domestic violence of the worst kind - murder. I am not rushing to judgment. It looks like it was a non-stranger crime. Which means it was someone she knew.

    Thank you all for all your kind words. This Christmas has been a difficult one. I greatly appreciate your help and your insights.

    Any ideas you have - please don't hesitate to share them.

    Here is a petition we have begun to ask for AMW to look at Lacey's case.

    Please sign it:
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/laceygainesmurder
    *My comments are only my opinion, not fact. It is my commentary on the topic, and I'm exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Comments are NOT made with any malicious intent.

    I agree with what John Douglas said in his book Law and Disorder:

    "Our 1st allegiance must always be to justice. Justice is often uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean we should turn our heads away. Justice is truth in action. Whatever it means and wherever it takes us. Justice is not a political game, it is a search for truth."


  18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:


  19. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,576
    Petition signed!!


  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:


  21. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    Petition signed!!
    THANK YOU!!

    Does anyone know the criteria for submitting a case to AMW or any other show suggestions?
    *My comments are only my opinion, not fact. It is my commentary on the topic, and I'm exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Comments are NOT made with any malicious intent.

    I agree with what John Douglas said in his book Law and Disorder:

    "Our 1st allegiance must always be to justice. Justice is often uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean we should turn our heads away. Justice is truth in action. Whatever it means and wherever it takes us. Justice is not a political game, it is a search for truth."


  22. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaCha View Post
    THANK YOU!!

    Does anyone know the criteria for submitting a case to AMW or any other show suggestions?
    I would write to Oprah, Dr Phil, Greta and Nancy Grace! In fact if it is ok, let me know and I will write also!


  23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:


  24. #88
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,083
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaCha View Post
    Lacey was a very smart girl. She asked me what to do and I told her to file police reports. Which she did. I told her to file for an OP and she did. She even went to the police to show them he admitted to having sex with her when she was under-aged and she asked if they could press charges against him for statutory rape. She took photos of him with her cell phone running away to show police he had been there. She took her text messages to the police and had a trap put on her phone.

    But no one did anything. She was frustrated no one was doing anything. She didn't feel like anyone took her situation seriously. She couldn't get away from him.

    I feel very badly I wasn't able to help her. I gave her hundreds of attorney's names, advocate names, shelter names.

    She called almost all of them. The attorneys couldn't help her. The advocates tried to help her and so did the shelters. But still she couldn't escape. She was young and she was frustrated by the system. She was desperate.

    I feel she was a victim of domestic violence of the worst kind - murder. I am not rushing to judgment. It looks like it was a non-stranger crime. Which means it was someone she knew.

    Thank you all for all your kind words. This Christmas has been a difficult one. I greatly appreciate your help and your insights.

    Any ideas you have - please don't hesitate to share them.

    Here is a petition we have begun to ask for AMW to look at Lacey's case.

    Please sign it:
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/laceygainesmurder

    The best way to get America's Most Wanted to take your case is to go through the lead detective working Lacey's case. Our case was shown on AMW several times until he was caught 8 years later. Several of my friends faxed newspaper articles and letters to AMW to no avail. It took my asking our lead detective to contact AMW and him doing it to get them to film and air our case. I think they would rather talk to LE because they have questions about the case and they really have to know that it actually happened. I know they get thousands of requests a week but they do tend to pay attention to LE. I hope it works out for you.

    My family and friends and I tried everything we could think of to keep my daughter safe. She went to a shelter for 30 days when she left him but they can only stay so long and then what? My daughter lived 7 mo's after she left him. I was terrified the whole time that he would kill her. LE won't do anything unless the abusive person does something to hurt the innocent person first. Of which happened in our case and they still did nothing even though he broke her nose, blacked her eye and gave her a concussion!!

    I know that your life is a nightmare right now. I always said those first months were like walking through mud....thick mud. You do what you have to do especially if you have children...I had my little granddaughter...but it is so hard. There is so much that has to be taken care of to do with the estate of our loved one and then there is the service that we have to put together when we can barely think. I don't remember a lot about the first few months and there are a lot of blanks in the years following. I guess we are on automatic pilot. I learned pretty quickly to take care of myself or I would be no good to anyone. I also learned that I didn't have to be the strong one al of the time. That lesson took a while to sink in.

    Anyway, I hope that the lead detective on Laci's case will contact AMW because that is about the only way they will take your case and film it. When they do show the case on tv they will have your lead detective right there to take calls if something sounds like a strong lead. Hope it works out.


  25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bobbisangel For This Useful Post:


  26. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    I would write to Oprah, Dr Phil, Greta and Nancy Grace! In fact if it is ok, let me know and I will write also!
    Yes, Thank you VERY MUCH!! xoxo ChaCha
    *My comments are only my opinion, not fact. It is my commentary on the topic, and I'm exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Comments are NOT made with any malicious intent.

    I agree with what John Douglas said in his book Law and Disorder:

    "Our 1st allegiance must always be to justice. Justice is often uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean we should turn our heads away. Justice is truth in action. Whatever it means and wherever it takes us. Justice is not a political game, it is a search for truth."


  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:


  28. #90
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,293
    Cha Cha! I am so sorry for your loss! This is just horrible. I hope you and your family are holding up okay....

    My thoughts on this:

    Could the perp have been in her apartment already? This would mean that he/she knew of the doctor's visit.

    It was too planned out and with no defensive wounds sure seems like a blitz attack.. I could see someone lying in wait for her inside her apartment. I surly don't see her opening the door to the ex at all. If someone rang the doorbell and attacked her as she opened the door she would have defensive wounds. For some reason I just see the perp lying in wait for her...

    I have a question... why did she ask her Grandmother to keep the baby? Why didn't she pick the baby up on her way back home from the doctor? Did she have to go to work later that day???

    Are there any cameras around the apartment complex? Have all the neighbors been canvased for info... like did they see any strange cars there that day, etc?


  29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:


Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NE NE - Lacey Anderson, 19, Norfolk, 23 Aug 2009
    By greeneyz in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-06-2015, 03:42 AM
  2. PA PA - Don Ly, 68, South Philadelphia, 18 April 2013
    By Filly in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 12:46 AM
  3. Man and 7 year old niece murdered
    By colette in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 10:20 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 07:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •