Simple question, part 2

same writer?

• Total voters

voynich

Former Member
Reaction score
On the left and top, the writer used ball point pen, on the right and bottom, felt tip pen.

Same writer? Don't analyse,what does your first instinct tell you?

2qko038.jpg

r6xwug.jpg

Same writer, different pen? Then vote "yes"

(Waits for Voynich to rip me apart :angel: )

I am staggered that anyone is saying 'no.' Prima facie, they are identical and, ultima facie, they are close enough that you couldn't put a stick of chewing gum between them.

In my opinion, telling anyone "Don't analyse,what does your first instinct tell you?" is a snap to judgment and, in my case, an uneducated one. I don't know beans about handwriting analysis. I wouldn't give myself credit in court at all. :snooty:

In my opinion, telling anyone "Don't analyse,what does your first instinct tell you?" is a snap to judgment and, in my case, an uneducated one. I don't know beans about handwriting analysis. I wouldn't give myself credit in court at all. :snooty:

It was a simple question with no trick behind it,
why so defensive about it BOESP?

So your first instinct told ya you need to defend urself.

THANKS! ;)

It was a simple question with no trick behind it,
why so defensive about it BOESP?

So your first instinct told ya you need to defend urself.

THANKS! ;)

If you see my original reply as defensive so be it.

Why is IDI so defensive with the first simple question thread....I mean you can tell in that one that it was done by the same person and different pen.....And with the other one everyone kept asking where did it come from,so I'm asking where did this one come from....So please don't get defensive for that question....And I never claim to be an expert....

I didn't vote because I thought one looked similar and the other less so. I suspect that one set is from Voynich's own attempt to write the ransom note and the similarities between his own writing and that of the RN-writer. Of course, that experiment was only interesting. It wasn't really suggestive of anything other than Voynich's familiarity with the handwriting on the RN.

(Again, waits for Voynich to slap me down).

Maybe this isn't the right place for this, but I'm going to ask anyway...

Do most RDIs and IDIs believe the ransom note is a fake?

Well, I can speak for myself only but I'd say that in order to BE an RDI you would have to believe the note is a fake for the simple reason that she was NOT actually kidnapped. She was still in the house, dead. No kidnapper leaves a victim behind, dead or alive, or else why leave a ransom note. There is nothing to ransom. Most think that the note is in Patsy's handwriting, which is another reason to believe the note is a fake. There were also many familiar phrases and a style of writing that was Patsy's. The ransom amount matched JR's bonus that year, and few people knew that apart from Patsy and a few people at his job. Certainly NOT a stranger or small foreign faction, which is what the note writer said they were.
I don't know if any IDI believe the note is a fake but I suppose it could be possible, except they probably would not believe that Patsy wrote it.

Some IDI think that the killer wanted to torment Patsy and John with the RN - ie. giving them hope when JBR was already dead - or that it was to gain some headtime while police thought they were still dealing with a kidnapping. I personally can't see either scenario as realistic but the latter always strikes me as the most absurd: the killer spent a long time in the house, wandering around at leisure, writing a RN at that location rather than at a safer location so headtime obviously wasn't an issue for him/her.

Some IDI think that the killer wanted to torment Patsy and John with the RN - ie. giving them hope when JBR was already dead - or that it was to gain some headtime while police thought they were still dealing with a kidnapping. I personally can't see either scenario as realistic but the latter always strikes me as the most absurd: the killer spent a long time in the house, wandering around at leisure, writing a RN at that location rather than at a safer location so headtime obviously wasn't an issue for him/her.

But of course giving the Rs false hope and gaining headtime could only work if the Rs had taken the note seriously and did what it said - not call police, not call friends, and just wait for the ransom call.

Of course the Rs didn't take the note seriously at all. They called police w/o any request to use unmarked cars. They called over friends and neighbors. Had the "kidnappers" actually been watching the house, they would have caused JBR to be beheaded. One more reason to think the note is fake.

Of course any real kidnapper would assume police (if called) would bring in dogs to track JBRs scent as far as possible. The dog would have headed straight for the basement door.

Well, I can speak for myself only but I'd say that in order to BE an RDI you would have to believe the note is a fake for the simple reason that she was NOT actually kidnapped. She was still in the house, dead. No kidnapper leaves a victim behind, dead or alive, or else why leave a ransom note. There is nothing to ransom. Most think that the note is in Patsy's handwriting, which is another reason to believe the note is a fake. There were also many familiar phrases and a style of writing that was Patsy's. The ransom amount matched JR's bonus that year, and few people knew that apart from Patsy and a few people at his job. Certainly NOT a stranger or small foreign faction, which is what the note writer said they were.
I don't know if any IDI believe the note is a fake but I suppose it could be possible, except they probably would not believe that Patsy wrote it.
and the RST wants us all to forget about that.a real intruder would have been caught by now,it was such a small circle of ppl that even knew the amt.

Tisk ...

my Sithy friend ...

y'ave gone and done it.

Goodbye old friend. May the force be with you.

That's probably the only thing that majorities of the two sides agree on!

Anyone know why Voynich hasn't been around since 12-23-09? I don't talk a lot here but I hang on to all you regulars words (whether I agree or not!) so I miss ya'll if you don't post for a bit. Thanks

Anyone know why Voynich hasn't been around since 12-23-09? I don't talk a lot here but I hang on to all you regulars words (whether I agree or not!) so I miss ya'll if you don't post for a bit. Thanks

Yeah, he got the boot! For what reason I don't know. I hope he'll be back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back