Memorial for slain Coleman family members

Hello all,

I was doing some reading before bed at 3AM this morning. I thought I must have been half a sleep when I read the date on this article. It is dated April 20, 2011, written by Jim Merkel. Hmmm...wonder when that article arrived?

Hey Jim? Did you know the article was dated wrong?

From the article:
>>Plans to build a memorial for the Coleman family have been shelved until after the trial of Chris Coleman in the triple murder case, officials said.

"The city has taken no formal action," said Columbia Mayor Kevin Hutchinson. "The city is still willing to work with the Coleman family to do something."<<

More at the article.

I'm thinking (hoping) that after the trial there may be more people gifting to the memorial. Have you seen its design? This webpage shows the symbolism in it.

From the "Sheri Ann & Her Boys" website:

Vita enim mortuorum in memoria posita vivorum
"the life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living"

I'm wondering if the family continues to read the guest book, I think they might. I'm also wondering if we might sign the guestbook intermittently, with encouraging words to "life them up" through these next hard weeks.

More in another article... The family is assisting a Domestic Shelter. It appears they might be regrouping on a memorial plan that works for everyone.

>>Plans for a memorial to the Coleman family in Columbia’s Bolm-Schuhkraft Memorial City Park have been put on hold. Organizers are now using donations to fund a local domestic violence prevention group.<<

Based on the "heart" that Sheri had for others, it sounds like she would be happy to hear this. I think the boys would have been happy too...

Mario, Sheri's brother is quoted as saying:
>>DeCicco said his main goal is making sure his mother, Angela DeCicco, “gets through the trauma of the upcoming trial proceedings in one piece.”<<

I guess so :( I'll be praying for strength for Sheri's family and friends.

The symbolism in the memorial is absolutely beautiful!

More in another article... The family is assisting a Domestic Shelter. It appears they might be regrouping on a memorial plan that works for everyone.

>>Plans for a memorial to the Coleman family in Columbia’s Bolm-Schuhkraft Memorial City Park have been put on hold. Organizers are now using donations to fund a local domestic violence prevention group.<<

Based on the "heart" that Sheri had for others, it sounds like she would be happy to hear this. I think the boys would have been happy too...

Mario, Sheri's brother is quoted as saying:
>>DeCicco said his main goal is making sure his mother, Angela DeCicco, “gets through the trauma of the upcoming trial proceedings in one piece.”<<

I guess so :( I'll be praying for strength for Sheri's family and friends.

me, too:( I really feel for the family, such a loss they've had to endure and now go through a trial of a seems like very awful son in law:(

[video=youtube;3VNu5b5xPOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VNu5b5xPOc[/video]

I rewatched this video recently. Imagine the heartache knowing that their daughter and sister was bearing all this betrayal alone and never let them know.

And to think that the family knew Tara, had known her for years.

I think Sheri still had hope and was protecting Chris by her silence. If he came back to her...how would her family forgive him betraying Sheri with her friend of many years? Not easily. So Sheri bore it all alone.

In one of the friend's statements, it mentions that not long before this, Sheri and Chris were planning to retake their wedding vows for their 10th anniversary. How quickly Chris went from THAT to adultery ...to murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back