GUILTY MD - Sarah Foxwell, 11, Salisbury, 23 Dec 2009

Sarah Foxwell went missing pm 12/22/9.

Her suspected abductor caught.
Search ongoing for Sarah.
http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=11724533

SALISBURY, Md.- The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office says 30-year-old registered sex offender Thomas James Leggs is in custody in connection with the disappearance of an 11-year-old Salisbury girl. Police are still searching for the child, identified as Sarah Haley Foxwell.
Police say Sarah was last seen at her home on the 31000 block of Old Ocean City Road on Tuesday night. She was wearing red fuzzy pajama bottoms with Christmas trees on them and a John Deere T-shirt. Sarah is described as white, brown hair that is worn in a ponytail, blue eyes, 4-foot-8, 78 pounds. Her date of birth is May 18, 1998.

..more at link..

OMG...this does not sound good...this creep "knew" her?? friends of the family?? dating the mom?? what the h//lll is going on here??

I just don't understand how we keep letting these miserable lizard people out , these RSO's...I don't feel they can be rehabbed...we need Jessica's Law...or tougher...and we need it now now now

Prayers for this poor little girl

Why was this low life bottom feeder slug out of jail? He has sex child convictions at 18yo and another at 21???? And now he's 30....WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIS SEALED JUVENILE RECORDS. He won't talk??????

Looking for this adorable child just before Christmas just makes you wonder how many lives he has already destroyed. :furious: No cure and no treatment available - why is he walking around? mho

omg, they found him but not her??? Poor sweetie. She is so cute.

Write up with local comments:

http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2009/12/missing-child-sarah-foxwell.html

according to local comments - there are helicoptors, LE searches, divers, K-9 units, etc all looking for this beautiful child. It's obvious LE doesn't believe her to be alive.

ETA: Sarah and her sister live with their aunt who is the legal guardian.

They have the predator in custody and he won't talk - I have a few ideas on how to make that happen.

Alot of info at the below link. Sounds like this creep was not living at the residence.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/...ties-search-overnight-for-missing-11-year-old
Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis announced late Wednesday night that Leggs, a resident of Bennett Road in Salisbury and a registered sex offender, has been charged with one count of kidnapping and one count of first-degree burglary. Leggs is awaiting his initial appearance before a Wicomico District Court commissioner.
According to the Wicomico County Sex Offender Registry, Leggs was convicted in 1998 of committing a sex offense against a 12-year-old girl. He was 18 when the alleged offense occurred, according to the registry. Leggs was also convicted in 2001 of a sex crime in Delaware.
Lewis noted that while Leggs is not related to Sarah, he did know her.

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=11724533

Wicomico Bureau Of Investigations Press Release

Incident: Kidnapping Investigation
Date of Incident: 12-23-2009, Early morning hours
Location: Old Ocean City Road area in Salisbury, Maryland 21804

Narrative: On Wednesday morning, December 23, 2009
, @ approximately 10:00AM, Wicomico County Sheriff’s Deputies and the Wicomico Bureau of Investigation initiated an investigation into the apparent abduction of eleven year old Sarah Haley Foxwell of Salisbury. As a result of this investigation, authorities have identified a suspect who has been taken into custody by the Wicomico Bureau of Investigation. The suspect is identified as thirty (30) year old Thomas James Leggs, a resident of Bennett Road in Salisbury. Leggs has been charged with one count of KIDNAPPING and one count of first degree BURGLARY and is awaiting his initial appearance before a district court commissioner.

Thomas Leggs is a registered SEX OFFENDER living here in Wicomico County. Eleven year old Sarah Foxwell remains missing and is the focus of a massive ORGANIZED ground search. Tomorrow morning, those assisting in the ground search will be tasked with searching several square miles of densely wooded areas which are surrounded by frozen tundra, fresh-water ponds and many fields. There are residential areas to be searched as well.

The Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office has been overwhelmed with the number of law enforcement agencies who have responded from across the state and are currently assisting in this search. We are requesting the public to PLEASE allow us to do our jobs and refrain from conducted their own search and contaminating a potential crime scene. If anyone has any information pertaining to the disappearance of eleven year old Sarah Foxwell or a possible location of Sarah Foxwell, please contact the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office @ 410-548-4891.

http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2009_12_24_archive.html

the longer I am on websleuths the angrier I am getting about people being either naieve/gullible/selfish or just not caring about the people they befriend/move in with/or trust with their children....

Boy you who have been on this site for years must just be beyond despair with the amount of times this is happening...

First of all mum must have problems if the kids are in the care of someone else, secondly this was familiar with the family!!!! and what gets me was there was NO forced entry......an adult has led this guy into this llittle girls life...

I really do not want everyone coming down on me for this but in alot of these cases, these adults are not leading decent lives in some way......

According to comments this lowlife is boyfriend to the mother,she lives with her aunt.The little sister saw her with this guy last night.If she was last seen at 9:30pm last night,and a family member came to check on her this morning,where was the aunt that's suppose to be her guardian?Why did a family member come to check on them?

This is wierd,a comment by the aunt...
TDP said...

Dear Joe , This is my niece please,please,please keep this front page until her safe return . Haley bug is a precious little girl . Any one with information please come forward . We want her home and safe. Keep her in your prayers Thank you - Tracey Powell
5:33 PM

According to comments this lowlife is boyfriend to the mother,she lives with her aunt.The little sister saw her with this guy last night.If she was last seen at 9:30pm last night,and a family member came to check on her this morning,where was the aunt that's suppose to be her guardian?Why did a family member come to check on them?

This is wierd,a comment by the aunt...
TDP said...

Dear Joe , This is my niece please,please,please keep this front page until her safe return . Haley bug is a precious little girl . Any one with information please come forward . We want her home and safe. Keep her in your prayers Thank you - Tracey Powell
5:33 PM

Her middle name could be Haley. Just a thought.

The Wicomico County Mobile Command Units were stationed on Zion Church Road, but will be moving to Winter Place Park tomorrow.
They will begin ground searches there as soon as officials set up a perimeter.
At least ten teams of searchers and k-9 units searched for Sarah in a three mile radius of Zion Church Road.
Officials say that dogs then picked up a scent at Parsons Lake which led to the dive teams going out in dark waters, and unfavorable weather conditions.
http://www.wmdt.com/Delmarvas-Top-News-Stories.aspx?item=3521

Her middle name could be Haley. Just a thought.

The Wicomico County Mobile Command Units were stationed on Zion Church Road, but will be moving to Winter Place Park tomorrow.
They will begin ground searches there as soon as officials set up a perimeter.
At least ten teams of searchers and k-9 units searched for Sarah in a three mile radius of Zion Church Road.
Officials say that dogs then picked up a scent at Parsons Lake which led to the dive teams going out in dark waters, and unfavorable weather conditions.
http://www.wmdt.com/Delmarvas-Top-News-Stories.aspx?item=3521

It is Haley,first name Sarah,but her aunt called her haley bug.

Mother is Jennifer,father is Thomas and aunt is Tracey.He used to be a bouncer at a place called the Cactus Club.He's had many offenses and someone who knows him says he has a child himself.

On whitepages...
1. Jennifer Foxwell
Jennifer A Foxwell
Jennifer W Foxwell
More Aliases
Berlin, MD
Salisbury, MD
Hollywood, FL
Whaleyville, MD
Orange Park, FL
More Locations Sarah H Foxwell
Thomas D 3 Foxwell

Um,okay,so Orange Park,Florida,anyone else find this interesting?If her boyfriend is Thomas Legg,when were they in Orange Park?And she had a Jacksonville address in Florida.

the longer I am on websleuths the angrier I am getting about people being either naieve/gullible/selfish or just not caring about the people they befriend/move in with/or trust with their children....

Boy you who have been on this site for years must just be beyond despair with the amount of times this is happening...

First of all mum must have problems if the kids are in the care of someone else, secondly this was familiar with the family!!!! and what gets me was there was NO forced entry......an adult has led this guy into this llittle girls life...

I really do not want everyone coming down on me for this but in alot of these cases, these adults are not leading decent lives in some way......

I have been on WS for over a year now.
The only way it is helpful, if for the ones that are found, that are safe.
And the ones who deserve the life sentences they get.
Every so often, I have to back away for awhile.

So mom is living with a RSO.
Or he is her 'boy friend.'

Sigh.

That's interesting - the longer I'm on WS the angrier I get with the legal system that continues to let these slugs out of jail; let these slugs seal their juvenile records; pretend group therapy or any therapy helps; and provide the slug with who knows how many chances for rehabilitation. A child doesn't get a second chance!

Sorry, but if it wasn't Sarah the pedophile predator took, it would have been another child, perhaps one living next door or down the street. I do agree that in an ideal world every mom, dad, sister, uncle, and grandparent with a computer should/could do a sex offender check on neighbors, friends, and sig. others, but also in an ideal world, our legal system should remotely work in keeping therse slugs off the streets, and it doesn't. For me, my anger and energies are directed toward the dysfunctional system that continues to let these low-lifes roam around free. MOO

I find this statement in the article very odd:

Sarah was reported missing about 10 a.m. Wednesday by a family member. She was last seen about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, and her disappearance was discovered early Wednesday when a family member went to check on her and her 6-year-old sister, Lewis said. He also said there was no evidence of forced entry into the residence.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/...ties-search-overnight-for-missing-11-year-old

No one checked on the children from 9:30 PM until 10:00 AM with a 6 year old in the house. WTH! No signs of a "break-in". Sure makes me wonder if the aunt was home.

I also wonder what evidence they have that it is Leggs that took Sarah? He is being charge with kidnapping and first degree burglary, yet they are saying "no signs of break-in".

Is the aunt dating Leggs? Where is Sarah's mother? Is Sarah's mother dating Leggs?

The Salisbury Dive Team was out last night searching different ponds in the area and quite frankly we provided a tip to the Sheriff's Department in which they were searching while we were there last night. I was informed there was enough evidence at the scene to bring in additional people for a better search.

Many of you have provided incredible information and that's the best we can do at this time. I'd like to clear up some confusion about who's who in this case. Many people believe the mother was raising Sarah but that just isn't the case. Sarah's Aunt was raising her along with other siblings. The Aunt was allegedly dating Tom Leggs. I cannot answer if she knew Tom's background but I'm sure we'll find that out at a later point.
http://sbynews.blogspot.com/

I find this statement in the article very odd:

Sarah was reported missing about 10 a.m. Wednesday by a family member. She was last seen about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, and her disappearance was discovered early Wednesday when a family member went to check on her and her 6-year-old sister, Lewis said. He also said there was no evidence of forced entry into the residence.

No one checked on the children from 9:30 PM until 10:00 AM with a 6 year old in the house. WTH! No signs of a "break-in". Sure makes me wonder if the aunt was home.

I also wonder what evidence they have that it is Leggs that took Sarah? He is being charge with kidnapping and first degree burglary, yet they are saying "no signs of break-in".

Is the aunt dating Leggs? Where is Sarah's mother? Is Sarah's mother dating Leggs?

Hi Patty G. It seems like the aunt put the children to bed around:
9:30pm (Tues) - children were put to bed (last time seen)
Early AM (Wed) family member went to check on her and sister
10:00AM - reported missing

Looks like they didn't check on the girls during the night hours.

No signs of forced entry - maybe Leggs had a key or was there during the evening.

Thomas J. Leggs lives close by and it seems his parents live down the road from him, so not sure why he would be spending the night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back