GUILTY AZ - Larry Ladwig for kidnapping, sex assault of 5yo girl, Phoenix, 2009

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091226...5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNnaXJsYWJkdWN0ZWQ-

"PHOENIX – A 5-year-old girl abducted by a man as she played outside her Phoenix home Friday was rescued hours later after police chased down the suspect's pickup and found her "alive and well" inside, officials said.
NF was found around 9 p.m. after a patrol officer spotted the truck of the man accused of kidnapping her, Sgt. Andy Hill said.
After a short pursuit, police stopped the truck and rescued N from inside, Hill said.

"We have had our Christmas miracle," Hill said. "She is alive and well."

I'll say...we've got a genuine miracle!! We need some happy endings. Oh, I'll bet those parents are giving thanks tonight!!

The child who was abducted, NF, is five. It sounds to me that this is either a custodial issue (doubtful IMO) or a grab for a child sex ring.

"He physically grabbed the 7-year-old girl and forcibly took a photo of her," Hill said."

If it were a custody issue, why wouldn't the man have taken all the girls? Why the photo of just the one and not the girl he took? NF is a strikingly beautiful child. That's what makes me lean toward a grab. I really want to know what's behind the photography. Bless her sister for getting help so quickly. Another case of a child who knows what to do and does it...fast.

How ironic that N's miracle occurred on Christmas, given her name.

From an earlier article:

"N and her two sisters, ages 7 and 9, were playing outside when a man parked his truck in the parking lot next to where the girls were playing. He grabbed the 7-year-old and took a picture of her, attempting to pull her pants down. He then grabbed N, put her in his truck and sped off, hitting a parked car in the process. One of the sisters ran to a neighbor's apartment, and that neighbor called 911."

http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-fe...ld-girl-kidnapped-from-Phoenix--80115822.html

Natalie is beautiful! Look at that hair- gorgeous!

Finally, a happy ending! Thank God her big sister kept her wits and was able to get help so quickly! I guess the big sister was able to provide a pretty good description of the abductor... it scares me to think what may have been the outcome if the sister hadn't acted so quickly.

Thank you for sharing this Missizzy! This truly is a Christmas Miracle!

I imagine little N has been more hugged than she ever thought possible tonight!! I'm a very careful parent but who would think that a guy would be so bold as to enter a complex, get out of his truck, approach three girls, photograph them, and grab one. I'm shocked he didn't get tackled or shot. Something is funky with this. I'm very anxious to hear more of this story. I wonder why they haven't released the man's name? And kudos to that alert officer. He saved a precious child. Can you imagine how he feels tonight? It gives me goose bumps. So, N might be the miracle but Officer Mike Burns is our true hero tonight!!

I have to give the sister and the officer who spotted the truck...after the license plate had been changed... the credit for saving the life of that little girl. If the officer had only been watching license plate numbers he would have missed the kidnapper altogether.

These girls are also being raised by an aunt who has a boyfriend. Here my mind gets really active wondering if this creep knows the aunts boyfriend.

Missizzy thanks for posting this - so great to hear such wonderful news!!

Thank you Officer Burns...
NewPicture101.jpg

What wonderful news to wake up to!!!

Prayers for Natalie that she recover quickly from this trauma, and her family too.

Prayers and eternal thanks to Officer Mike Burns! A Christmas hero!!!

Thank you to everyone at WS who provided updates.

Over on her missing thread we were listening to the scanner for LE in that area, as the chase went down and she was found... I am still feeling that tingle of elation of her being found. I was confused as to if it was her or not, but I can tell you, it was something else hearing LE report that she was okay and the realization setting in that yes, it was her and she was okay. A true Christmas miracle!

Now, I am anxious to hear the background on this guy- who is he, has he tried something like this before?

I swear, if he turns out to be yet another sex offender paroled/set free from prison early I will scream.

As one of our posters noted above, this was a pretty brazen act- approaching three children in the daylight. How cruel to do this at Christmas, too.

I can't imagine the sickness and desperation that drives these molesters! To drive up, grab a child, pull her pants down right there and take a picture? UGH ugh ugh. I'm so glad he was caught and she is home safe now! It's a miracle.

This is a long time to wait for the release of the abductor's name and possible relationship, if any, to N. The only information released is that the man is 45 years old.

If I lived in the area, I'd still be on high alert due to the photographs. Were they taken with a cell phone and sent to someone else? That's the most terrifying thought. And I still can't figure out why the 7 year old was photographed but NF was taken. Was someone putting in an "order"? Oh yuck.

Christmas miracle!!!

Now lock him up, throw away the key and give him bread, water and a cot on the floor!
I am so sick of these losers getting A/C, TV's, 3 meals a day and no taxes, while I know families struggling!

I swear...........the posters who were listening to the scanners and posting as the police were chasing him made for the most exciting thread ever!

What a great ending.

I was so hoping and praying that she hadn't been abused but her Auntie and sisters have her back. The healing can begin and a monster is off the street. She owes (no, we all do!!) so much to Officer Burns and I hope some day they can meet again. I know what he'll say, he was just "doing his job". Yeah right. That man is going to be on cloud 9 for a long time. Bless him for being so observant. I also hope the older sister and the neighbor are recognized for their fast response.

May this sweet girl be enveloped with love and support. This has just made my whole week.

Can everyone go back and edit their posts to remove the child's name now that she's found. I just changed mine to initials. Thanks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091226...5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNnaXJsYWJkdWN0ZWQ-

"PHOENIX – A 5-year-old girl abducted by a man as she played outside her Phoenix home Friday was rescued hours later after police chased down the suspect's pickup and found her "alive and well" inside, officials said.
NF was found around 9 p.m. after a patrol officer spotted the truck of the man accused of kidnapping her, Sgt. Andy Hill said.
After a short pursuit, police stopped the truck and rescued N from inside, Hill said.

"We have had our Christmas miracle," Hill said. "She is alive and well."

I'll say...we've got a genuine miracle!! We need some happy endings. Oh, I'll bet those parents are giving thanks tonight!!

So glad she was recovered quickly and safely. Her family did get a great Christmas gift this year!

But as to the bolded above, I so hate it when LE and media print that when a child is recovered! It minimizes what happened and makes it sound like the kid was happy, smiling. She may be alive and safe, she may be alive and physically not injured, but alive and well just doesn't describe it. If she wasn't abused, she would most likely be terrified, and emotionally shocked, if she was abused it would be worse. Definatedly not "well."

Mysteriew--That's always bothered me too. She's breathing. She doesn't have life threatening injuries. But her innocence was stolen and she was terrorized and traumatized for life. My Lord...she's only five years old, probably a Kindergartner. If you hadn't seen the charges, she was sexually abused.

What other phrase could we recommend? Let's help the media. If we are so determined to not have sexual abuse minimized, let's take the reins and use this as a teachable moment. Maybe a few letters from us here on WS would help.

How about, "The child has no apparent life threatening injuries but has been greatly traumatized. We have offered her family an array of services to assist with her healing process. The family appreciates the protection of her privacy at this difficult time."

Any other ideas? I'll write some letters but I think it would help if we helped frame the response.

So glad she was recovered quickly and safely. Her family did get a great Christmas gift this year!

But as to the bolded above, I so hate it when LE and media print that when a child is recovered! It minimizes what happened and makes it sound like the kid was happy, smiling. She may be alive and safe, she may be alive and physically not injured, but alive and well just doesn't describe it. If she wasn't abused, she would most likely be terrified, and emotionally shocked, if she was abused it would be worse. Definatedly not "well."

Excellent post, Mys. Excellent.

Poor kid gets abducted and the media makes it sound like she just got driven around by some freak who bought her an ice cream cone.

This poor, gorgeous child will forever even with good therapy have this hang over her. As one person said to me when I finally told as an adult about the person who attacked me "Well, at least he didn't murder you. I mean he could have easily drowned you in that lake". Then when the old pervert finally died the same person called me saying "He's dead now. It's all over." Pfffffffffffftttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like "Welll I'm not dead, and I'm still dealing with it as is my family ya stupid beotch".

Of course it is wonderful this baby doll was found so quickly, and alive. I mean that's wonderful news, but bet your bottom dollar it will take a long time for this child to deal with the work of a pervert.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back