GUILTY WA - Jennifer, 28, & Emma Morgan, 3 mos, murdered, Seattle, 21 Dec 2009

not_my_kids

Reaction score
He actually killed two people; his girlfriend, 28 year old Jennifer Morgan and 13 week old Ema Morgan. On Tuesday, 11-22-2009, the two bodies were found by Jennifer's mother. Daniel and Jennifer were renting her basement for themselves and Ema.
Jennifer was only too happy to be a mother, but Daniel was not, leading Jennifer to tell her mom that Daniel wanted a boy, was unhappy about having a girl, and wondered if he were really the father.
Jennifer had planned to tell Daniel to leave Monday afternoon, and his truck was gone when her mother returned from work that evening. Her mother thought that both of the girls were asleep, and didn't find the bodies until the next morning, when she found that they had both been shot multiple times.
He had allegedly shown abusive and paranoid behavior in the past, including threats of murder, which makes him eligible for the death penalty. He has been formally charged with two counts of murder.

The only problem is that he is missing, somewhere likely still in the state of Washington. I didn't see a thread for this guy, so I wanted to get some eyes looking. This man shot his own infant daughter multiple times, along with her mother, and he is out walking around.
He is a perfect example that abuse ends in murder and that the most dangerous time for a woman is when she tries to leave. I hope they catch him and make an example out of him.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Hicks-now-a-suspect-in-murder-of-daughter-girlfriend-80073057.html
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=70279
http://www.examiner.com/x-22460-Seattle-Family-Examiner~y2009m12d25-Breaking-News-Update-Daniel-Hicks-manhunt-continues-last-heard-from-in-San-Jose-CA--description (decent timeline of contact since he was last seen)

Wow...the Mom didn't check on them that night? I mean, they were in the basement and had a volatile relationship....odd.

Wow...the Mom didn't check on them that night? I mean, they were in the basement and had a volatile relationship....odd.
I don't think her mother realized how much danger they were in. She know that jennifer was going to ask him to leave, and when she saw the truck gone and the lights out, she likely figured she would hear all about it in the morning.

I'm not sure when her mother got home, but if it was close to midnight, I guess it makes sense that she didn't look.

Wow...so sad. Hope they find him soon.
I feel for the Mother/Grandma.

I don't think her mother realized how much danger they were in. She know that jennifer was going to ask him to leave, and when she saw the truck gone and the lights out, she likely figured she would hear all about it in the morning.

I'm not sure when her mother got home, but if it was close to midnight, I guess it makes sense that she didn't look.

Hm. I see. Very sad.

I think he's probably already dead ... gone somewhere & shot himself "like Grandpa".

I think he's probably already dead ... gone somewhere & shot himself "like Grandpa".

after reading the article i agree completely. so sad... who shoots a 13 week old baby seven times? even once. :cry: i know this may sound bad, but i hope he killed himself and spared the family the farce of a trial...i know that i would not of wanted to hear all about his "bad childhood & mental problems" moo, he knew what he was doing...

That poor mom and baby. How can you look at your own flesh and blood and then shoot them multiple times? I just dont get it, what this world is coming to?!

I just keep going back to the fact that he would have had to stop and reload TWICE...

There is never a good reason to kill someone..but his reasons are boarder line insane. Killing his daughter because he wanted a boy?? Give me a d*mn break. That's just sickening. I hope they find this soon.

Rest in peace Jennifer and Ema. Fly with the angels.
:rose: :rose:

He hasn't been caught yet, but he's getting more press, because another AMW featured WA fugitive was caught.

Daniel T. Hicks, 29, was arrested at gunpoint at about 11 a.m. after police traced a phone call he had made from a pay phone, said Santa Cruz Police Department spokesman Capt. Steve Clark. One law-enforcement source said Hicks had called a relative, who alerted police. More at link:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010618230_twodead29m.html

Oh thank God...I am so glad they caught him.
I really wanted the slimeball taken down. May he never even smell the outside air again.

Man pleads not guilty in slaying of girlfriend, baby

SEATTLE -- A man who prosecutors say fatally shot his girlfriend and baby daughter in their Seattle home pleaded not guilty on Tuesday.

Daniel Hicks, 29, has been charged with aggravated murder in the deaths of 28-year-old Jennifer Morgan and their 13-week-old daughter, Emma.

Prosecutors now have 30 days to decide if they will seek the death penalty.

more here

http://www.komonews.com/news/82070997.html

The victims

100119_Jennifer_Morgan_Emma.jpg

Man pleads not guilty in slaying of girlfriend, baby

SEATTLE -- A man who prosecutors say fatally shot his girlfriend and baby daughter in their Seattle home pleaded not guilty on Tuesday.

Daniel Hicks, 29, has been charged with aggravated murder in the deaths of 28-year-old Jennifer Morgan and their 13-week-old daughter, Emma.

Prosecutors now have 30 days to decide if they will seek the death penalty.

more here

http://www.komonews.com/news/82070997.html

The victims

100119_Jennifer_Morgan_Emma.jpg

That baby is just a darling. I just don't get it anymore. How can someone kill their own child? I can't fathom it. :(

That picture made me burst into tears, what a little doll baby she was. I am praying for the grandmothers emotional healing.

That breaks my heart into a million pieces. Look at that precious angel face. Sweet little Emma never even got a chance at life. Prayers for Jennifer and Baby Emma's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back