1254 users online (209 members and 1045 guests)  

Websleuths News

Obama leaves golf course abruptly, speeds home

http://www.wtsp.com/news/custom/stor...21148&catid=20

White House aides said the speedy departure and return to the president's home was not a matter of national security or because of a threat to safety.

Obama had gone to the golf course following his statement at Base Hawaii at Kaneohe Bay about the attempted Christmas Day bombing of a Northwest Airline flight bound for Detroit.
    A media pool report says the president returned in a very high speed and dramatic to his vacation home.
    The bus carrying reporters was holding just inside the secure residential area when an ambulance sped past with flashing lights.

No further details availible.
    Last edited by Sleuthster; 12-28-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Wow, this has me worried about the kids or his wife.
    Cindi Lou

CNN reporting it was a family friend, minor injuries
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

HONOLULU, Hawaii (CNN) - A friend of President Barack Obama's family received minor injuries during the first family's Christmas vacation in Hawaii on Monday, White House aides said.
    Aides said no one from the first family was hurt in the incident, details of which were not immediately available. But the incident created a stir when several police vehicles and an ambulance were called to the rental home on the island of Oahu, where the president and his family are staying.
    Obama cut short a golf game to return to the home a White House official said.
    Cindi Lou

I am constantly amazed at how on top of things so many of you folks here on Websleuths are!! Had just seen the headline on Yahoo and decided to check in here because I KNEW someone would post with some info.....and WALAA!!!
    Thanks , Sleuthster!
    My first thought was that it might be that a child had had an accident or something; evidently and thankfully that is not the case, at least from what has been reported so far. Hoping no one is injured too badly.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091228/...ersonal_matter

apparently it WAS a child , a child of a friend who is not identified in the article.
    Obama returned to the golf course so it can be assumed the injury was not too serious.

(I'm not too good at posting links so I hope this works AND I hope it's ok.....)