975 users online (183 members and 792 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Teen gets 50 days in sex assault/must pay fine of $220.45

This is going to teach him. The $220 fine is so insulting, it makes me want to cry.

"A Columbus teen will serve 50 days in jail after pleading no contest to the sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl. Kameron J. Smith, 18, will serve 50 days in jail and pay $220.45 in restitution as part of a two-year probation sentence.

Smith pleaded no contest Tuesday in Columbia County Circuit Court to felony charges of second-degree sexual assault of a child younger than 16 and bail jumping, and to two misdemeanor counts of fourth-degree sexual assault.
    Authorities say Smith assaulted the girl in June or July and again Thursday, according to a criminal complaint. The girl was extremely upset and shaking after the September assault, the complaint stated."

"The sentence of 50 days in jail is not nearly enough time for the father of the 13-year-old girl, who said he can never forgive Smith. "He changed her for the rest of her life," he said. "My daughter has had to live with this hell for longer than that."

What the ....................... I'm angered beyond words.

When and if I can think of something I can express here without being banned ..I'll be back!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

78 square miles surrounded by reality
    I have to say, I'm kind of surprised. When I was practicing as an attorney, I only had a few cases in Columbia County, but I had great respect for Judge White. I don't know any of the attorneys involved, and I have not been able to find out any more information about the case...this seems like an awfully lenient sentence.

Some days, I really don't miss practicing law, I tell ya.