Son beats mom with bathroom door

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Randall Duncan's mother types too loud. Poor Randall was sleeping in and got mad his mom was typing so he beat her senseless. The 50 year old mother ran and hid in the bathroom, but her son broke the door down and proceeded to beat her with it. Poor lady had all kinds of injuries, but blamed herself.

http://www.post-trib.com/news/porter/1962115,pcbatter1229.article

This poor woman must have been terrified. Her son is a violent, spoiled brat- a dangerous one, at that.

Thank goodness the husband came home to pull the son off of her. She probably would have been killed, otherwise.

Domestic violence has many faces, and this is just one of them.

I pray that this guy doesn't have children (who tend to make a lot more noise than someone typing on a computer), until after he gets some serious long-term help for his alcohol and anger issues.

She doesn't want him in jail? He needs to go to jail for the maximum and it should be more than 2-8 years. He probably would have killed her if the dad hadn't come home. She needs major mental help for blaming herself. I hope the judge somehow bars him from living with his mother when he does get out.

The article is gone. Am wondering how old the son is..

She doesn't want him in jail? He needs to go to jail for the maximum and it should be more than 2-8 years. He probably would have killed her if the dad hadn't come home. She needs major mental help for blaming herself. I hope the judge somehow bars him from living with his mother when he does get out.

ITA! And he had battered his mother before this.

Why is a 22 year old son living at home with his parents anyway? Imo, this man probably doesn't even hold a job and is mooching off his parents when he needs to grow up and stand on his own.

I have heard some asinine reasons given why people batter people but this one just takes the cake. She typed too loudly on the computer???? Good grief and in her own home at that. Some of these kids out there are so dangerous and I can see why the parents should be very afraid of them.

imo

I feel bad for this woman. She should kick him out but she has some mental and emotional issues she needs to address. Once he is out, she will most likely let him move back into the home. He will never change unless he undergoes some deep recovery program and intense therapy for anger issues and drugs.

These 22 year olds that live at home probably, (and I'm sure) don't hold jobs and just take and take. She is, IMO, afarid to throw him out of her home. He is a waste of space. Anyone who could do this to another person, esp. his OWN mother, is a serious nutjob with severe anger problems.

Throw him to the dogs and lock him up for a long time, the selfish SOB.

Hello, everyone! Happy New Year!

I'm new to posting comments, but have religiously followed this site since 11/2006. I LOVE WEBSLEUTHS!

When I read this story, I just had to step up and say something, as the location of the story's proceedings are too close to home for me.

I can't comprehend what would compel someone to get upset enough to the point that they would batter another with a bathroom door. Furthermore, the reason stated was because Mom was "typing too loud"? Are you for real??? I learned to type on a typewriter and am guilty of being "heavy-handed" at times, but trust me - I don't think I could type loud enough to wake up my family, even if I purposefully did so.

I suspect there could have been more than alcohol involved in this. JMHO.

But that is still, STILL no excuse to beat up the very person who is providing you with a roof over your head, especially at the ripe age of 22. He ought to be helping Mom instead of mooching off of her.

I could think of more things to say, but I'm trying to remain calm after reading this story. Ugh, I can't stand people who do this, and furthermore, the ones who condone this type of behavior. There are NEVER, EVER plausible excuses for the cause of domestic violence and battering. Simply put, keep your hands to yourself, and in his situation, get some help and move out already. Seriously.

Again, JMHO, for what it's worth.

animated_welcome_cat.gif

Welcome jogger. IMO there was probably a longstanding pattern of enablement by this mother... but whether the son has strictly severe anger mgmt or D&A issues or could possibly be bipolar eg (manic cycling, raging), this mother made a grave error by letting this abusive son stay in the home w her following the last arrest (only a month ago for battering her). She's fortunate she lived through it this time (head injuries can be fatal) but the third strike you're out. Hopefully he'll be in for a while on a Class C felony. But my advice to mom is get a RO, tell Baby Boy to get some help (including a j-o-b and a place of his own) and change all the locks! I wouldn't wanna find out what he'd do if Mom ran the sweeper or ground the coffee.

:parrot:

Here's an update. They threw two more charges at sonny boy. Two felony charges. Bail was $3,000. This was a few days ago I believe.

This link also says that the guy was arrested for beating his mother the month before. This entire family needs therapy. There's no doubt this guy will kill his own mother if he doesn't receive help. Throwing him out would only enrage this guy. He needs to be kept locked the heck up, and hopefully this poor lady will get the help she needs.

A mother's heart. How much can it take?

http://www.post-trib.com/news/lake/1966098,scott.article

It worked for me. He is 22 years old.

imo

LOL, it's there. I didn't scroll down far enough. The articles starts way down on the page. Sorry, I thought there was nothing there. Thought the same with the recent link, and kept scrolling, and finally got to it. Will remember that in the future.

22 years old - he's a real piece of work. That's a bad situation in that house.

I'm thinking this "son" is pizzed at his mom because mom never stood up to him or made him take responsibility for his own actions. Much like the Casey A story. Whatever he did, mom made excuses and fixed all the problems.

I agree this WHOLE family needs psych help. I wonder if dad is an abuser also? So the kid thinks that is how mom should be treated. At 22 - this kid should be starting to figure things out for himself and it doesn't look like he is figuring them out for the better.

Salem

Unfortunately, I have a neighbor situation that is somewhat similar, only this son is 50-something and his mother has to be at least 80-something. He has lost a couple of good jobs due to drug use/sales and still lives at home. Not sure whether the drug use provoked the mental health issues or vice-versa. While his father was still alive and all 3 of them living in the same household, he sold drugs right out of the house. Apparently everyone was afraid to confront him (he is rather large). Unaware if there is physical abuse, but verbal abuse has been observed by another neighbor.

As for enabling, any time he was arrested for abusive behavior to others, his family rushed downtown to bail him out. I fear for his elderly mother and wonder what will happen when he is finally left alone in that house.

No doubt this situation exists in many places. Heaven help all in such situations.

I'm thinking this "son" is pizzed at his mom because mom never stood up to him or made him take responsibility for his own actions. Much like the Casey A story. Whatever he did, mom made excuses and fixed all the problems.

I agree this WHOLE family needs psych help. I wonder if dad is an abuser also? So the kid thinks that is how mom should be treated. At 22 - this kid should be starting to figure things out for himself and it doesn't look like he is figuring them out for the better.

Salem

I think this mother is scared witless of her own son. So she is wanting to get on his good side by taking the blame for him. I think she is afraid if she does not take the blame then he will certainly kill her. Like he said he wants either him or her dead and not surprising he picked her instead of harming himself and beat her to a bloody pulp.

I think this is going on in a lot of homes across our country and parents are locking their bedroom doors at night and not to keep an outsider from invading but to protect themselves from their own children.

I don't think there is evidence that the father is an abuser. He stopped him from perhaps killing her and didn't egg it on.

Children like this are very dangerous and I hope he serves prison time for what he did to his mother. She was probably the one that loves him most and this is how he thanks her. At 22 years old he should be out on his own. I hope when he is released he is barred from coming to his parents' home. Maybe they can finally rest easy and get some much needed peace without him around.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back