IL IL - Bolingbrook, BlkMale 1485UMIL, 18-24, behind truck stop, Apr'98

chaddylex

Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case
Reaction score
Here is James Kimball's link from Charley Project http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kimball_james.html

Missing April 1993 from Oak Park IL
Age 24
5'7 165 lbs
Brown Hair

UID in Namus https://identifyus.org/cases/5207?page=case_information

The same UID on Doe Network http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1485umil.html

The UID's height on Namus is listed as 71 inches but on the Doe Network is listed as 5'8??

The UID had Brown Hair, was between 20-30yrs old

UID was believed to have died 3-5 yrs prior to finding in 1998... James Kimball went missing in 1993.

Oak Park where James was from and Bolingbrook where the UID was found are 37 miles apart.

James is not listed as a rule out in Namus for this UID.

What do you all think??

Clothing is off too. The area in BB, is a big truck stop. I honestly think someone from anywhere could have stopped there..... so I wouldn't automatically think the UID is local.

However, it is close enough and who knows how complete missing persons data was back in 93. Being from the immediate area, I think I'd try contacting Oak Park first, but I've never contacted them regarding a case before so no idea how they would be. It's worth a shot, even if for no other reason than to rule out.

hth

ETA: IIRC this 55/53 intersection is not off the path from I-80, and as we all know 80 runs across country. I just can't picture the route in my mind, I can only picture 294/55/80

Cubby,

Yeah I knew the clothing was off, and the UID could have came from anywhere in the US since being found behind a truck stop, but what caught my eye is that James wasn't listed on the Ruled out list.

I would have thought that where the UID was found and from where James was from the LE would have tried to see if it were a possible match??

Jumping Bean,

Maybe I will send an email to the Will County's Corners office since they are listed as the contact office for the UID. I will ask about both James and Michael.

I sent an email to Will County's Corners office, to see about James and Michael as both being a possible match. Will let ya all know when and if I hear something back.

Thanks Cubby and jumping bean for you input!

Possible but:

1. XL jacket, but only 160 lbs? Homeless or transient or something is off.

2. Pager? Would a man with a schizoid disorder have been carrying one in 1993? It's possible (and James did work) but I would expect a pager back then to be a sign either of relative affluence or involvement in drug deals.

Also can a pager not be traced like a cell phone? If it was in some way unregistered but active that would tend to indicate that the victim was involved in criminal activity prior to his death and that he wasn't a random victim of robbery etc.

Chaddy, neither James Kimball nor Michael Dean Andrews are listed as rule outs for this UID.

what ever became of your submission?

https://identifyus.org/cases/5207?page=case_information

Ha Webrocket,

I don't remember...LOL.. I must not have received an email back... Maybe I will resubmit!!!... I save all the emails I receive back from LE, etc, and I don't have any on this case.

I will send both of these men in. Thanks for the reminder!

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Discovered April 22 1998 and according to Namus "may have died 1-2 years prior to discovery, and possibly longer. Subject could not have died prior to April 25th, 1993".

@MadMcGoo any new ruleouts?

Below is the recon from 2015 .

Thumbnail

Lots of dental info on this guy in DoeNetwork:

Dentals: Available; 5-occlusal amalgam, 11 and 12- postmortem fractures, 17 is unerupted,18 and 19- O-B amalgam, 28- O-O amalgam, 29- Occulusal amalgam, 30 and 31- OB Amalgam, 32 is unerupted No premortal tooth loss, number nine, upper central incisor, fractured along the incisal edge and mayhave been visible, number 24, lower central incisor rotated and may have been visible.

He also had a prior left foot injury:
Medical: One sesamoid bone, presumably left foot, exhibits healed premortem fracture that permanently split the bone into two seperate halves. May be visible on a radiograph.

upload_2022-1-31_6-7-50.jpeg
Article:12/12/2019
On April 22, 1998, an unidentified male was found in a field near I-55 and Rt. 53 between the towns of Bolingbrook and Romeoville IL. He had been deceased for an estimated 2 to 5 years. He was wearing an extra large blue nylon Starter jacket, blue jeans and size 9 or 9 1/2 Nike shoes.

This person had a distinct overbite. Dental records are available for comparison. DNA profile has been established at the Illinois State Police Crime lab in Joliet IL, and is on file in CODIS.

The attached image is a facial/cranial reconstruction prepared by the FBI and is an approximation, not an exact replication, of the face and head.

Please contact Will County Coroner's Office at 815-727-8455.
April 22, 1998 - Unidentified Male

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Discovered April 22 1998 and according to Namus "may have died 1-2 years prior to discovery, and possibly longer. Subject could not have died prior to April 25th, 1993".

@MadMcGoo any new ruleouts?

Below is the recon from 2015 .

Thumbnail
Larger version of 2015 recon
1666193719778.png

Hello fellow websleuths, I'm very interested in this case as it's local to me and authorities have DNA. How does one go about finding out if the victim's DNA profile has been uploaded to GedMatch, so I can try to do some genealogical digging? Thank you in advance for your help.

DNA will only be uploaded to GEDmatch usually by one of the labs that does this such as Othram or DNA Doe Project. So only a handful (relatively) of cases have been uploaded.

Unfortunately for cases that are uploaded to GEDmatch, the general public cannot see the profile, so you won't be able to do any genealogy on these cases.

Do we have a thread for these remains?

@Squirrly14 , consdier clicking the word Report in your poast, and asking a Moderator to edit the title. This thread can be about the unidentified remains and other posters will get to work looking at missing persons reports!

DNA will only be uploaded to GEDmatch usually by one of the labs that does this such as Othram or DNA Doe Project. So only a handful (relatively) of cases have been uploaded.

Unfortunately for cases that are uploaded to GEDmatch, the general public cannot see the profile, so you won't be able to do any genealogy on these cases.
Thank you, I appreciate you letting me know. It's a shame to have cases sitting with DNA, knowing that identification could be within reach. I appreciate your response!

Do we have a thread for these remains?

@Squirrly14 , consdier clicking the word Report in your poast, and asking a Moderator to edit the title. This thread can be about the unidentified remains and other posters will get to work looking at missing persons reports!
Thank you for your advice! I don't know that there's a thread, but I'm new here. I will do as you suggested.

Doesn't look like we have a thread.

I'm going to leave the naming of the thread to the forum coordinators so I don't mess it up. (They do a great job keeping things organized, while I lose my glasses on top of my head)

Hello fellow websleuths, I'm very interested in this case as it's local to me and authorities have DNA. How does one go about finding out if the victim's DNA profile has been uploaded to GedMatch, so I can try to do some genealogical digging? Thank you in advance for your help.

And, please keep in mind that the DNA analysis that law enforcement uses -- is a very different format from th commercial DNA sites.

LE's DNA data doesn't match at Ancestry or 23&Me or GedMatch.

Start a thread for the remains & posters will chime in!

Doesn't look like we have a thread.

I'm going to leave the naming of the thread to the forum coordinators so I don't mess it up. (They do a great job keeping things organized, while I lose my glasses on top of my head)
I appreciate you checking in on this!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back