Mother & Baby Die During Birth-Both Revived

MaryLiz

Reaction score
This is a true Christmas miracle. A beautiful story!

Mom In Labor, Infant Revived On Christmas Eve

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Doctors say there was a Christmas miracle in Colorado Springs after a woman and her newborn died during labor on Christmas Eve and then were revived.

More at link.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/22081694/detail.html

A beautiful story!
May they have a lifetime of memories now!

:)

what a happy ending!

Yep, a c-section with no anesthesia will wake you from the dead for sure! OUCH!

What a miracle! So glad the Daddy and the other two sons got their Mama and baby brother back!

I'm glad the two revived and hope they are okay longterm. However, I found the whole story a little off in the telling. Why on earth would they hand a limp baby to the dad saying that he's absolutely lifeless. They would have been rushing him immediately to work on him. Also, something must have caused the woman to go out and the baby, too. Maybe some drug not administered correctly.

I'm glad the two revived and hope they are okay longterm. However, I found the whole story a little off in the telling. Why on earth would they hand a limp baby to the dad saying that he's absolutely lifeless. They would have been rushing him immediately to work on him. Also, something must have caused the woman to go out and the baby, too. Maybe some drug not administered correctly.

I wondered about that too, but they said they worked on the baby while he was in his father's hands. I'm assuming at first they thought the baby was stillborn and there was nothing they could do, but when the mother revived, they immediately began working on the baby. Anyway, it turned out to have a happy ending!

I saw this on Fox news last night. This is truly a miracle....a Christmas miracle. I think this story will stay with me forever. I can't understand how it happened other than the fact she truly had angels watching over her. It's amazing how both the mother and baby were revived.

I believe in miracles, but still think she got an overdose somehow in the IV. She was getting prepped, got suddenly sleepy and laid her head back. Whatever it was had time to get to the baby and depress his heart rate which must have been fine previously before prepping for delivery. I don't know if an epidural slipping out of place would do that or not, but they don't mention what types of medications she had been given. I'm just not buying a mother and baby previously fine suddenly having symptoms like that.

I believe in miracles, but still think she got an overdose somehow in the IV. She was getting prepped, got suddenly sleepy and laid her head back. Whatever it was had time to get to the baby and depress his heart rate which must have been fine previously before prepping for delivery. I don't know if an epidural slipping out of place would do that or not, but they don't mention what types of medications she had been given. I'm just not buying a mother and baby previously fine suddenly having symptoms like that.

I don't know what her history is, but I can attest to labors going very wrong, very fast. I have had it happen to me twice, and watched a friend go from chatting with the doctor to being raced down the hall while the doctor rode on the stretcher trying to save both lives. It is scary and makes you realize that women do still die in childbirth from unexpected or even unknown causes.

I pray that there are no long term complications and thank God that they both survived. Too often it doesn't end this way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AggressiveFruit
Back