The red rose - revisited

suspicious1

Reaction score
Remember the red rose Misty told TM to look for in their search? I wonder what happened with that? I find it odd that TM found it exactly where she said it was.

I pulled this from the "remember when" thread as I think this is worth a more lengthy discussion.

I mean really! What was with the red rose? Did Misty take it out there to play games with TM or what? Was there any significance to Haleigh's disappearance at all?

1z6zbj7.jpg

http://www.blippr.com/movies/179633-August According to several news sources, while Misty was undergoing and completely failing the battery of tests being administered, she made a comment that indicated she may know where to search for Haleigh. She told investigators they needed to double-check a patch of ground marked by a single plastic rose. “She said there was a place that was not searched very well and that we should look for a red rose, and she gave us the location,” said Steph Watts, who recorded the sessions for EquuSearch. “We went and we looked, and we found it, and the next day we took Putnam County investigators back there,” Watts said. “I don’t think they are going to dig where the rose is and find the body, but the fact that they went with us shows that they are following up on every lead.” EquuSearch is making plans to return to the area in the near future.

Thanks for starting this thread Kimster, and thanks for providing some background, debs. Somehow I missed this back then. I've seen the rose mentioned from time to time but didn't understand the reference. Just one more reason I'd like five minutes alone with little miz misty, either to beat the truth out of her or to beat the carp out of her for her sick sense of humor.

1z6zbj7.jpg

http://www.blippr.com/movies/179633-August According to several news sources, while Misty was undergoing and completely failing the battery of tests being administered, she made a comment that indicated she may know where to search for Haleigh. She told investigators they needed to double-check a patch of ground marked by a single plastic rose. “She said there was a place that was not searched very well and that we should look for a red rose, and she gave us the location,” said Steph Watts, who recorded the sessions for EquuSearch. “We went and we looked, and we found it, and the next day we took Putnam County investigators back there,” Watts said. “I don’t think they are going to dig where the rose is and find the body, but the fact that they went with us shows that they are following up on every lead.” EquuSearch is making plans to return to the area in the near future.

I just don't understand why LE didn't tear that ground up to look for Haleigh. Maybe that's why Ron is so confident that she won't be found....
Because she's undergound.

Sending them back out to an area that had already been searched, imo, was Misty's way of telling them that Haleigh was at that location and the fact that they did not find her was Misty's way of saying they didn't look close enough, "so look for the rose".

IIRC, didn't someone have a map of where the rose was found?

(BBM)
This Rose business totally hinked me out. It had been posted on our Dreams thread and seemed to play out per that dream. [May have been SS's dream.]

IMO, just like the comments Misty's made regarding her brother Tommy's possible involvement played out like some scenerio/theory I read about online somewhere, hmmm... JMHO -

I wonder if forensics were done on the rose? Someone's dna should have been on it.

I just don't understand why LE didn't tear that ground up to look for Haleigh. Maybe that's why Ron is so confident that she won't be found....
Because she's undergound.

Sending them back out to an area that had already been searched, imo, was Misty's way of telling them that Haleigh was at that location and the fact that they did not find her was Misty's way of saying they didn't look close enough, "so look for the rose".

IIRC, didn't someone have a map of where the rose was found?

This probably ought to be d/s or something, but according to WmSt aka Cob, a woman named Nancy had called and told him back in May that this is where he should search.

This probably ought to be d/s or something, but according to WmSt aka Cob, a woman named Nancy had called and told him back in May that this is where he should search.

Hey LF, was that before or after the rose was found?

Hey LF, was that before or after the rose was found?

WAY before. [Well, I guess... I don't know exactly when the TH tapes were made, but I'm assuming August.]

It was very odd. Almost like Misty was getting her info from the web. Parroting the stories for the LDT & LVA almost as if she had memorized some of the theories posted here and elsewhere. [FWIW, I don't think she has the reading comprehension to do that, but we know that Haleigh liked to play on her g'mother's computer per Crystal C interview on CNN.]

I wonder if the red rose location, The woman Nancy telling them to search that area, and the info from the"scrubs lady" letter, are all pointing in the same direction?

I wonder if the red rose location, The woman Nancy telling them to search that area, and the info from the"scrubs lady" letter, are all pointing in the same direction?

That's just what I've been thinking, but I was trying to get more info before I mentioned it. I do wonder, though.

Wasn't there a map of the rose location? I would love to see those 3 locations put together on a map.

Let's see. The scrubs note said 200 or 400 yds behind the back right corner of Ron's m/h. During the "Rose Search" most LE and TES vehicles were parked at the "preserve" [can't remember name off hand] that is on the right hand side of Buffalo Bluff Rd as you travel from Hwy 17 to Tyler St.

Someone on here [maybe Seriously?] said that LE/TES also searched at the hog pen m/h that day, but I didn't see that because I didn't go down there. [Too much LE presence for my comfort level.]

The parking area I ref'd above is where that photo was snapped of the searcher who was Ron or someone who looked very much like him [someone else's opinion, NOT mine].

<snipped> Tim Miller said &#8230; polygraph underwent in Orlando on Aug. 19 "showed huge deceptions." When Croslin-Cummings was told about the results, "she said she wanted to be hypnotized," Miller said. "My thought was 'Now where do we go?' My hopes were that she would have passed, but the opposite happened, so we arranged for the hypnosis and a voice analysis to be done at her husband's aunt's house in Welaka."
http://stephww.wordpress.com/2009/08/28/does-a-rose-hold-the-clue-to-where-haleigh-is/
<snipped>Among those asking for a copy of the tapes and other materials was the Sheriff's Office, which phrased its request in the form of a search warrant, but the firm immediately handed them over, EquuSearch officials said.
Posted August 28, 2009 09:19 PM

After Steph's blog, this comment was posted and I saved it because I wondered the same:
" Posted August 28, 2009 09:19 PM
RE: Link

I have several questions..

How would she know about this location..
How would she know about the rose, is it significant?
How does she know this area wasn't searched well?

(BBM 30 DEC 2009)

Let's see. The scrubs note said 200 or 400 yds behind the back right corner of Ron's m/h. During the "Rose Search" most LE and TES vehicles were parked at the "preserve" [can't remember name off hand] that is on the right hand side of Buffalo Bluff Rd as you travel from Hwy 17 to Tyler St.

Someone on here [maybe Seriously?] said that LE/TES also searched at the hog pen m/h that day, but I didn't see that because I didn't go down there. [Too much LE presence for my comfort level.]

The parking area I ref'd above is where that photo was snapped of the searcher who was Ron or someone who looked very much like him [someone else's opinion, NOT mine].

I know someone on here is computer savvy and can put those locations on a map for us. Concerned Papa? Debs? Anyone?

Really would like to see those

I am searching my notes, as I recall, someone said there were similar roses on AS front door, and these may have been purchased at "General Dollar" or "Dollar General" (whatever it is called)- will continue my search through my notes.
Does LE have the rose? Wish COB could help us out here...

The Bald Truth | ArtHarris.com » Haleigh Cummings: Stepmom's Voice ...
Sep 1, 2009 ... Robert Watkins Says: September 5th, 2009 at 1:29 pm. Art, Our theory of the rose: it is the one seen on the Granny's trailer door in a news ...
www.artharris.com/.../haleigh-cummings-stepmoms-voice-stress-test/ - Cached
Internet Post doing text Search on 30 DEC 2009
(my notes had: 35. Robert Watkins Says: September 5th, 2009 at 1:29 pm)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back