WA WA - Cherry Greenman, 19, Waterville, 14 Sept 1976

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011618843_serialkiller16m.html

Originally published Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Serial killer ruled out in Washington case
King County sheriff's investigators have ruled out a condemned California serial killer in the disappearance of a woman who has been missing since September 1976.

The family of the missing Douglas County woman, Cherry Greenman, recently told King County sheriff's investigators that a photo found in a Shoreline storage locker once rented by convicted serial killer Rodney Alcala was not that of the missing woman, said sheriff's spokesman Sgt. John Urquhart...

Attachments

• CHERRY GREENMAN.jpg
    CHERRY GREENMAN.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 18
  • CHERRY GREENMAN Age Progression to 51 years..jpg
    CHERRY GREENMAN Age Progression to 51 years..jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 13
OK - I found this possible match ironically going through the Alcala timeline. I thought maybe Huntington Beach #224, 39 or 38 could have been her, remotely, but it didn't strike me as correct in that sense, just possible.

I thought maybe, in the slightest, it could be Huntington Beach #38, but there are other Unidentified individuals I thought were more likely possible for HB#38.

However - I thought the below could be a possible match, just not necessarily a victim of Alcala.

However - the problem is that the below victim did not have blue eyes, but instead it is said she had brown eyes. Furthermore, no indication that there was a birthmark on the forehead of this individual:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/640ufca.html

On the other hand, it is stated she had suffered recent weight loss, and I imagine that could happen to a long-term "travel(er) across states by hitchhiking."

Hello everyone, I'm new here but have been conducting my own research and compiling lists of possible matches between IUDs and MPs for years.

I recently stumbled upon this UID on Doe Network:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/916ufwa.html

Oddly, she is not listed on NamUs, which means she has not been automatically run against their database of MPs. It says DNA was submitted to the F.B.I., I wonder why she isn't listed.

I think the similarities between she and Cherry Greenman are compelling. The right height, weight, hair color, time period, geographical location, and the circumstances surrounding Cherry's disappearance would make sense if the is the IUD. IUD does have a tattoo, but MP could have easily gotten one after she went missing. I know, the eye color is wrong, but it's an old case, and mistakes happen. As for the birthmark, the state of the body could have easily prevented it from being noticed.

I think it's worth pursuing. Thanks fellow sleuthers for keeping Cherry's case alive.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011618843_serialkiller16m.html

Originally published Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Serial killer ruled out in Washington case
King County sheriff's investigators have ruled out a condemned California serial killer in the disappearance of a woman who has been missing since September 1976.

What about Ted? He visited Seattle back in 1976 from Utah correct? She fits the profile long brown hair, part in the middle.

From about July 6, 1976 to July 7th 1977 (day he escaped from the courthouse) he was in jail awaiting trial for murdering Caryn Campbell. So he had an alibi you could say.

Came here to ask x-files' question & read your answer. The part down the middle caught my eye too.

I’ve been looking at NamUs’ UP #5706 irt to Cherry Ann Greenman:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/5706

Decendent is the same height. Within age parameters. Long brown hair. Within geographical location as Cherry was a known hitchhiker to other parts of WA and OR to and from Waterville. Decedent’s PMI fits — it was one year prior to discovery of remains on August 29, 1978.

I’ve been looking at NamUs’ UP #5706 irt to Cherry Ann Greenman:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/5706

Decendent is the same height. Within age parameters. Long brown hair. Within geographical location as Cherry was a known hitchhiker to other parts of WA and OR to and from Waterville. Decedent’s PMI fits — it was one year prior to discovery of remains on August 29, 1978.

Unfortunately, there is no way to match Cherry to the decedent. Cherry has DNA but no dentals. Decedent has dentals but no DNA. Decedent’s remains were ‘lost’:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eletal-UP5706-15-20-along-Mashel-River-Aug-78

What about the beth doe case. Says eyes are brown but to me look green cherry's says blue but to me also look green or hazel

I suggested Cherry as possible match to Atlantic Highlands Jane Doe the other day in AHJD's WS thread. It can't hurt suggesting her in her own thread, either. Feel free to call it in :)

20UFNJ.jpg
20UFNJ1.jpg
20UFNJ2.jpg
CAGreenman.jpg

Height and weight are off, but since only skeletal remains of AHJD was found, these stats are just estimates, so you never know. Timeline fits.

AHJD's thread:
NJ - NJ - Atlantic Highlands, WhtFem Skeletal 20UFNJ, 15-20, on hillside, Dec'88

Cherry Ann Greenman
  • cherry_ann_greenman_1.jpg
  • cherry_ann_greenman_2.jpg
Greenman, circa 1976; Age-progression to age 51 (circa 2007)

• Missing Since09/14/1976
  • Missing FromWaterville, Washington
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Date of Birth05/07/1956 (63)
  • Age20 years old
  • Height and Weight5'7, 135 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Greenman has a birthmark on her forehead. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Greenman is believed to have been last seen in Waterville, Washington on September 14, 1976, the day she was released from the Douglas County Jail. It's possible that she went missing after that date, however.

She may have traveled elsewhere in Washington or to Oregon around the time of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again.

Greenman wasn't reported missing until 2004, 28 years after her disappearance. She is described as a "free spirit" who frequently hitchhiked from state to state, but she did keep in touch with her family. Her case remains unsolved.

Why was she in jail? it's possible she hitchhiked and was met with foul play. The mid 70's was free but alof of crimes of opportunity. Howver if she was killed by a trucker she wouldve been dumoed without a lot of errort to cover the crime. Maybe someone in her vicinity is somehow involved? or she's a jane doe in some other state.

I think the suggestion made by Bohemian is a very good possibility.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

For convenience
Comparing the stats site by site

• Missing Since 09/14/1976/ UID found August, 29, 1978, Estimated year of death 1976 - 1978
  • Missing FromWaterville, Washington, UID found in Pierce County, WA
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Date of Birth 5/07/1956 (63), UID estimated between 15 - 20. Cherry was 20 yrs in 1976, would have been 22 when UID was found.
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 135 pounds, UID height 5'7 , weight not stated (only skull found)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Greenman has a birthmark on her forehead. Her ears are pierced. UID no soft tissue left, Caucasian, brown hair/long brownish hair, 13-17" long (consistent with only known picture of Cherry) with blondish strands.
@Bohemian. Did you notice Namus on this possible match? I know you told us, identifiers don't add up, but still.

Cherry Ann Greenman
  • cherry_ann_greenman_1.jpg
  • cherry_ann_greenman_2.jpg
Greenman, circa 1976; Age-progression to age 51 (circa 2007)

• Missing Since09/14/1976
  • Missing FromWaterville, Washington
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Date of Birth05/07/1956 (63)
  • Age20 years old
  • Height and Weight5'7, 135 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Greenman has a birthmark on her forehead. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Greenman is believed to have been last seen in Waterville, Washington on September 14, 1976, the day she was released from the Douglas County Jail. It's possible that she went missing after that date, however.

She may have traveled elsewhere in Washington or to Oregon around the time of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again.

Greenman wasn't reported missing until 2004, 28 years after her disappearance. She is described as a "free spirit" who frequently hitchhiked from state to state, but she did keep in touch with her family. Her case remains unsolved.

Why was she in jail? it's possible she hitchhiked and was met with foul play. The mid 70's was free but alof of crimes of opportunity. Howver if she was killed by a trucker she wouldve been dumoed without a lot of errort to cover the crime. Maybe someone in her vicinity is somehow involved? or she's a jane doe in some other state.

I wonder about that too. Why was she in jail? Tried to find records of it, but I couldn't find any. I also wonder why there are so little pictures of her...she once was a child, a teenager...you would think family owns more pictures. I didn't see family advocating for her so far. Maybe they are all gone?

I think the suggestion made by Bohemian is a very good possibility.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

For convenience
Comparing the stats site by site

• Missing Since 09/14/1976/ UID found August, 29, 1978, Estimated year of death 1976 - 1978
  • Missing FromWaterville, Washington, UID found in Pierce County, WA
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Date of Birth 5/07/1956 (63), UID estimated between 15 - 20. Cherry was 20 yrs in 1976, would have been 22 when UID was found.
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 135 pounds, UID height 5'7 , weight not stated (only skull found)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Greenman has a birthmark on her forehead. Her ears are pierced. UID no soft tissue left, Caucasian, brown hair/long brownish hair, 13-17" long (consistent with only known picture of Cherry) with blondish strands.
@Bohemian. Did you notice Namus on this possible match? I know you told us, identifiers don't add up, but still.
No I didn’t notify Namus. Not sure how to do that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back