Page 10 of 114 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    bbm - what is the criteria for "in time"? Has the trial date been set? The female prosecution lawyer asked yesterday for a firm trial date to be determined stating that people tend to work better when facing a deadline iiirc. I thought the date had been set but know the COV issue is still out there, correct? Maybe that's her point. The prosecution needs to know so they can release everything they have "in time". Until then, let the defense spend their time going off on their wayward tangents in an attempt to defend their client. The defense has requested delays in setting the trial date therefore no "in time" date is known, yes/no? Cat and Mouse.
    "In time" means according to the rules...but those dates have probably passed long ago, as they usually do lol...so now it means "in time for the other side to figure out how to respond to the information so nothing is unfair at trial, unless you have just not even tried and the judge is pi$$ed at you." But with no trial date set yet (right?), the State should be OK unless they have purposely and maliciously withheld information.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

Is it safe to say then that the state wants a firm date set once and for all because, by the way, they have other things to do and crime in FL has not stopped in its tracks because of this case. They'll get busy and do everything right when they know the trial is coming up but, in the meantime, they have other deadlines to meet every day. Furthermore, under their breath, they are thinking that JB is a pain in the arse and he should get with the program.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Hello, is there anything the State of Florida can do to "light a fire under the defense? They say they are not ready but have time to whine on TV. about kc. being innocent,they should put up or shut up.
    Thank you so much.
    My Great Grandson~

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

Baez started his comments yesterday by complaining that KC was treated differently and in considering the fraud charges he asked the Judge to treat her the same as any other felon in that area would be.
    Since this is important to him, I wonder what is the average time that a Murder trial takes to prepare- it seems to me we have seen people charged, tried and convicted during this year and a half and he is still no closer to being ready to defend KC. He wants extra time for her, isn't that treating her differently?
    Who has the final say as to when this case goes to trial? Is there a time limit he cannot exceed?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

Question Motions

I have the following questions concerning filed motions (generally):

1. Once a motion is filed, how long does the opposing side have to respond, or do they even have to respond?

2. Once a response to a motion is filed, is there a specific timeframe wherein a hearing must be scheduled or judge files decision?

3. If a motion is denied, can it be refiled at a later date for reconsideration?

Seems like there are motions in this case that have just been "hanging there" for a while (or is my impatience showing again?)

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    Well, I'm not sure what the legal question is exactly lol. The FBI is not required to take orders from the State re: getting written reports done. If the State has the results of certain tests verbally, they have disclosed that information by listing the people who will present that information at trial as witnesses. I don't think there's any provision in Florida for them to disclose a script of what the witnesses intend to say.

I am not getting the impression that the State is hoarding evidence and making the defense ask for it. There would not be much point in doing that, because (1) if the evidence is helpful to KC, the State would be in a lot of trouble if it didn't turn it over, and (2) if the evidence is helpful to the State, the State cannot use it in trial if it doesn't disclose the evidence in time for the defense to address it.
    Hi AZL...so by the answer you gave, that I bolded above, are you saying that the state is under no further obligation to get the test results in writing from the FBI to give to the defense?...are you saying that just by listing each FBI witness on their witness list (ie. the state's list), that it is entirely up to the defense to contact the FBI witnesses themselves and do depos for the evidence? In otherwords, has the state done all they have to do just by listing the FBI witnesses on their list?

Sorry to be so wordy...I have trouble explaining my questions succinctly.
    Last edited by mitzi; 01-27-2010 at 12:29 AM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nore View Post
    Hello, is there anything the State of Florida can do to "light a fire under the defense? They say they are not ready but have time to whine on TV. about kc. being innocent,they should put up or shut up.
    Thank you so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    Baez started his comments yesterday by complaining that KC was treated differently and in considering the fraud charges he asked the Judge to treat her the same as any other felon in that area would be.
    Since this is important to him, I wonder what is the average time that a Murder trial takes to prepare- it seems to me we have seen people charged, tried and convicted during this year and a half and he is still no closer to being ready to defend KC. He wants extra time for her, isn't that treating her differently?
    Who has the final say as to when this case goes to trial? Is there a time limit he cannot exceed?
    The judge can and probably will set some deadlines very soon.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    I have the following questions concerning filed motions (generally):

1. Once a motion is filed, how long does the opposing side have to respond, or do they even have to respond?

2. Once a response to a motion is filed, is there a specific timeframe wherein a hearing must be scheduled or judge files decision?

3. If a motion is denied, can it be refiled at a later date for reconsideration?

Seems like there are motions in this case that have just been "hanging there" for a while (or is my impatience showing again?)
    I don't know the Florida rules of procedure. Normally, you would either have a certain number of days to respond to a motion, or else you would have a certain number of days before the hearing to file a response. The hearing might be scheduled either by the filing party or by the judge. And yes, you can usually ask for reconsideration.

The specific rules might differ from county to county, and even between separate divisions of the same court (e.g., probate court vs. civil court).

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    Hi AZL...so by the answer you gave, that I bolded above, are you saying that the state is under no further obligation to get the test results in writing from the FBI to give to the defense?...are you saying that just by listing each FBI witness on their witness list (ie. the state's list), that it is entirely up to the defense to contact the FBI witnesses themselves and do depos for the evidence? In otherwords, has the state done all they have to do just by listing the FBI witnesses on their list?

Sorry to be so wordy...I have trouble explaining my questions succinctly.
    Yes, the FBI is under no obligation to summarize its findings in writing, and the State is under no obligation to pressure them to do so. But if the FBI does create a report and sends it to the State, the State has to disclose it to the defense without waiting to be asked.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Have any of the lawyers here ever run into a lawyer like Jose Baez or is he just one of a kind ?
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeysmommom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmommom View Post
    Have any of the lawyers here ever run into a lawyer like Jose Baez or is he just one of a kind ?
    Oh yes...he is not anywhere near the worst lawyer I've seen.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

Hi AZLawyer - my question got lost in the last bunch a while back but I really really want to know.

When Casey went through her check fraud plea/sentencing, she didn't have to actually say the word guilty, or physically "speak" her crimes. Her lawyer did it for her.

If it ever comes to her taking a plea in the murder trial, does Casey herself actually have stand before the judge and outline what she did to Caylee, how she killed her etc., or does her lawyer do that for her and she simply admits to the statements he reads by saying yes.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Hi AZLawyer - my question got lost in the last bunch a while back but I really really want to know.

When Casey went through her check fraud plea/sentencing, she didn't have to actually say the word guilty, or physically "speak" her crimes. Her lawyer did it for her.

If it ever comes to her taking a plea in the murder trial, does Casey herself actually have stand before the judge and outline what she did to Caylee, how she killed her etc., or does her lawyer do that for her and she simply admits to the statements he reads by saying yes.

Thanks.
    I don't practice in Florida, and only due criminal work at the appellate level, but I have always heard it phrased that the defendant has the "right" to explain what happened (in hopes of a better sentence)--not that the defendant is required to do so.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    I guess I'll just say I wish the judge had asked her to speak before making his decision, and leave it at that.
    When JB advised SS that KC wanted to address the court, SS said he had overlooked that, turned to the defense and asked if the victim wanted to address the court, was advised no Amy wasn't there and then he turned back to JB and advised him KC could speak.

Tks for all you do AZlawyer! I asked a convoluted question a few pages back about the limits of patient confidentiality and no legal type answered and I can`t blame you. I think I may have found answer or excuse for an RN to breach confidentiality and that would be if the RN had reasonable concern the patient was sincere and the information they divulged posed a risk to themselves or others. I couldn`t call LE in the setting I described in the original question, but I would have a responsibility to advise the Warden I think.

Thank God for malpractice insurance!!
    Last edited by kaRN; 01-28-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

26. The Following User Says Thank You to kaRN For This Useful Post:

Saw this in the news updates...

Murder Case Docket Updated!

Events & Orders of the Court

01/25/2010---Hearing---(1:30 PM)-(Judicial Officer Adams, John H, SR)---Def Motion to Modify Courts Order on Defendants Application for Sub

What the heck does this mean?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 114 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast