Page 68 of 114 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1698
  1. #1006
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWb_ZztZOKM[/ame]
    For AZ lawyer, I thought you would get a laugh out of this little gem. Thank you ever so for helping us. I just noticed there are over one thousand posts in here. You ARE Websleuths!!!


  2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:


  3. #1007
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    14,394
    AZ, I have a question in re. what evidence may be denied admission because the judge may deem it 'too prejudicial'. Where exactly is the line drawn? i.e., the video tape of Casey's reaction to the discovery of Caylee's remains (I understand that may not be the best example because it has currently only been denied for public consumption and there are other legal arguments that could be made in re. how it was obtained). But, in general, where is the line drawn?
    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK


  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:


  5. #1008
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,285
    And as a follow up to Beach2yall's question over evidence. The defense filed a Motion of Compliance right on the deadline today for when they were supposed to provide the list of what specific evidence they wished to examine. The Motion contained no actual listing and instead basically says that they met with the prosecution and told them what they want. Will this be sufficient for HHJP< when he specified he wanted a list? Is the actual list something that can be submitted to the judge via private back channels or simply verbally communicated?

    Thanks


  6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to faefrost For This Useful Post:


  7. #1009
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by beach2yall View Post
    AZ, I have a question in re. what evidence may be denied admission because the judge may deem it 'too prejudicial'. Where exactly is the line drawn? i.e., the video tape of Casey's reaction to the discovery of Caylee's remains (I understand that may not be the best example because it has currently only been denied for public consumption and there are other legal arguments that could be made in re. how it was obtained). But, in general, where is the line drawn?
    Generally, the evidence is excluded as "too prejudicial" when its probative value is substantially outweighed by its likely prejudicial effect on the jury.

    By way of example, photos of an automobile accident victim showing gaping bloody wounds are probative i.e. they tend to prove something about the nature and extent of the victim's injuries. However, those photos would probably be excluded because the probative value would be outweighed by the strong emotional effect of the pictures. By contrast, photos showing the victim's cleaned/stitched wounds or their healed scars would be equally probative and much less likely to elicit the same disproportionate emotional response.

    Katprint
    Always only my own opinions


  8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Katprint For This Useful Post:


  9. #1010
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    7,339
    Quote Originally Posted by faefrost View Post
    And as a follow up to Beach2yall's question over evidence. The defense filed a Motion of Compliance right on the deadline today for when they were supposed to provide the list of what specific evidence they wished to examine. The Motion contained no actual listing and instead basically says that they met with the prosecution and told them what they want. Will this be sufficient for HHJP< when he specified he wanted a list? Is the actual list something that can be submitted to the judge via private back channels or simply verbally communicated?

    Thanks
    I haven't seen the actual order. It's possible that the order required the defense to provide the list of items to the prosecution , not to file it with the court. After all, the point of the list was so that the prosecution and LE could set up the air-conditioned inspection facility, correct?

    "It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94


  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:


  11. #1011
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    21,416

    Question

    Question for any of our WS lawyers who can answer it, Themis included: If Casey hypothetically (because I really don't think it's gonna happen) were to change her plea from Not Guilty to Guilty, does that guarantee she will be spared the Death Penalty and be reduced to Life, or does Judge Perry get to say she still gets Death???
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

    Jodi, hot enough for you yet in Perryville, the only place you'll see 'till you die?? You got your wish to live in the Phoenix area for the rest of your life.
    Travis Alexander was the victim of Domestic Violence.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie



  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:


  13. #1012
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    7,339
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Question for any of our WS lawyers who can answer it, Themis included: If Casey hypothetically (because I really don't think it's gonna happen) were to change her plea from Not Guilty to Guilty, does that guarantee she will be spared the Death Penalty and be reduced to Life, or does Judge Perry get to say she still gets Death???
    Without any kind of agreement with the State, if Casey just changes her plea to guilty, there would still be a sentencing hearing and she could still get the death penalty.

    "It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94


  14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:


  15. #1013
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,817
    Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    Without any kind of agreement with the State, if Casey just changes her plea to guilty, there would still be a sentencing hearing and she could still get the death penalty.
    And if this were to happen at any point before a jury is seated or sworn in, Judge Perry would decide fate?


  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kentjbkent For This Useful Post:


  17. #1014
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    7,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    And if this were to happen at any point before a jury is seated or sworn in, Judge Perry would decide fate?
    I believe a jury would still be empaneled for the sentencing phase, but the judge makes the final sentencing decision. The jury just makes a "recommendation."

    On the other hand, I doubt HHJP would impose death if a jury recommended LWOP.

    "It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94


  18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:


  19. #1015
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,658
    Any opinions on the liklehood of someone being jailed for contempt? I fear if Cindy's attitude or desperation to save Casey (which seems to be a holy crusade for her) doesn't change she may get into trouble.
    Justice for GEORGE!


  20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:


  21. #1016
    Some members in the Kyron Horman forum asked if we would open a lawyer's question thread in there. We have three accumulated at this point. If one of our verified lawyers has the time to visit, it would be greatly appreciated!

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108830"]Questions for our VERIFIED LAWYERS - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]


  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:


  23. #1017
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    DFW area
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Some members in the Kyron Horman forum asked if we would open a lawyer's question thread in there. We have three accumulated at this point. If one of our verified lawyers has the time to visit, it would be greatly appreciated!

    Questions for our VERIFIED LAWYERS - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

    You're gonna have to start paying these people! They are working as hard as the mods!


  24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to texaslb218 For This Useful Post:


  25. #1018
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    7,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Horace Finklestein View Post
    Any opinions on the liklehood of someone being jailed for contempt? I fear if Cindy's attitude or desperation to save Casey (which seems to be a holy crusade for her) doesn't change she may get into trouble.
    I have only twice in 16 years seen people get fined for contempt, and never seen anyone get jailed. Both people who were fined were lawyers who directly violated clear court orders.

    So I would say there is almost no chance of Cindy being jailed for contempt.

    "It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94


  26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:


  27. #1019
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19
    AZ.........I so value your opinions in this case. What do you think about the fact that the defense handed their "wish list" of things to be examined next week straight to the judge instead of filing it with the court clerk? Will the judge be angry about this? Other blogs and news outlets have said that it will still be released to the public sometime next week. Is that true?


  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luv4kids For This Useful Post:


  29. #1020
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    7,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv4kids View Post
    AZ.........I so value your opinions in this case. What do you think about the fact that the defense handed their "wish list" of things to be examined next week straight to the judge instead of filing it with the court clerk? Will the judge be angry about this? Other blogs and news outlets have said that it will still be released to the public sometime next week. Is that true?
    I think it was silly. Obviously the judge has to file it with the clerk anyway.

    Yes, it should end up being released. But I doubt HHJP will waste any energy getting angry over this.

    "It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94


  30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:


Page 68 of 114 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Questions for our VERIFIED LAWYERS*~*~*NO DISCUSSIONS*~*~*
    By Kimster in forum Zahra Clare Baker
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 04:04 PM
  2. Replies: 458
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 02:16 PM
  3. Legal questions for our VERIFIED lawyers on the board
    By Capri in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 04:36 PM
  4. Legal Q&A Answers from VERIFIED Legal professionals only
    By JBean in forum Somer Renee Thompson
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 02:40 AM
  5. Legal Questions
    By daisy7 in forum Byrd and Melanie Billings
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 09:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •