Identified! NC - Wilmington, Human remains found, Dec'09 - Priscilla Rogers

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Someone searching for bottles along River Road found human remains on the side of the road.

The Wilmington Police Department is handling the investigation, but there is no word yet on how the person died or how long the body as been in the area.

"We're unable to ascertain at this point whether it's male, female, black, white or any other race and that's pretty much all we can say at this point," said Wilmington Detective Lee Odham.

Officials won't have many details until the remains are sent to Chapel Hill for testing.

Snipped from http://www.wect.com/global/story.asp?s=11749272

Someone searching for bottles along River Road found human remains on the side of the road.

The Wilmington Police Department is handling the investigation, but there is no word yet on how the person died or how long the body as been in the area.

"We're unable to ascertain at this point whether it's male, female, black, white or any other race and that's pretty much all we can say at this point," said Wilmington Detective Lee Odham.

Officials won't have many details until the remains are sent to Chapel Hill for testing.

Snipped from http://www.wect.com/global/story.asp?s=11749272

I can't help but wonder if this is the female former parole officer that was walking and talking to her boyfriend on her cellphone when she was abducted.

I can't help but wonder if this is the female former parole officer that was walking and talking to her boyfriend on her cellphone when she was abducted.

Kristi Cornwell? I think that's her name. Is that who you're thinking of?

That's who I was thinking of too.

I remember her missing from Georgia, but does anyone know what part? I'm wondering how far it is between where she was last seen and where the remains were found.

I just google-mapped it - Kristi is missing from Blairsville, GA...that is a 7-hr drive from Wilmington...

A small update this morning..

Detectives have roped off the area to perform a grid search, in hopes of finding any clues about who the person is and how they died.

"There may be jewelry or anything like that - we don't know," said Odham. "We have to actually look for it and that's where we are right now, trying to ascertain exactly what we have and what's the best way to remove it from the area where it rests."

The bones will be sent to an anthropologist over the weekend to determine whether the remains belong to a man or a woman. The state's chief medical examiner will get the bones Monday for further examination.

Snipped from http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=11749272

Odham said the bones appear to be that of one human, but police can't yet tell the person's race or gender.

In a statement, WPD spokeswoman Lucy Crockett said police don't yet know whether the case involves foul play, but authorities are protecting the area as a “possible crime scene.”

Investigators don't know how long the bones may have been in the area, the statement said.

Odham said police won't know much more about the remains until they're sent to the state medical examiner's office, which will probably be on Monday.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/artic...n-remains-found-near-River-Road-in-Wilmington

Odham said the bones appear to be that of one human, but police can't yet tell the person's race or gender.

In a statement, WPD spokeswoman Lucy Crockett said police don't yet know whether the case involves foul play, but authorities are protecting the area as a “possible crime scene.”

Investigators don't know how long the bones may have been in the area, the statement said.

Odham said police won't know much more about the remains until they're sent to the state medical examiner's office, which will probably be on Monday.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/artic...n-remains-found-near-River-Road-in-Wilmington

Years ago when I first moved to Wilmington, I guess I was about twenty years old, it used to be joked that if you wanted to get rid of a body you could dump it off River Road. This road use to be a desolate road with very few houses and no businesses. It runs along the Cape Fear River from Wilmington, NC to Pleasure Island. It use to be a popular place for drag racing, plenty of straight highway. I must admit, I have drag raced many a time there. Some used it also for a lover's lane but the paths going down to the river are very sandy and you can easily get stuck in the sand. This is also an area that people would gather to party. You definitely did not want to be there alone. It does not surprise me that human remains have been discovered. A developer is currently in the early stages of moving River road away from the river so that expensive homes can be bult between River Road and the river. Now, today there are several housing developments along that river and not nearly so many desolate areas.

Sadly, this is not the only tragic find this week. A young mother of two's body was found shot to death beside the road this week. A motorist found her, at first thinking her body was a dead deer, then after finding that it was a young woman, thought that she had been hit by a car and just left there. It is believed to be a domestic violence case. She has two very small children. Very sad.

Sadly, this is not the only tragic find this week. A young mother of two's body was found shot to death beside the road this week. A motorist found her, at first thinking her body was a dead deer, then after finding that it was a young woman, thought that she had been hit by a car and just left there. It is believed to be a domestic violence case. She has two very small children. Very sad.

That's incredibly sad. :(

hummm...just a longer way to get to an interstate to head back to New York?? Could this be BD and maybe the "boys" who left in the middle of the night should be getting worried?

bumping...have they released anything about the body yet?

The article says they expect to confirm the identity by next week, so it sounds like they have a pretty good idea who it is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back