GUILTY MO - James 'Bo' McNeely, 20, abducted & murdered, Laddonia, 17 Dec 2009

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091231...5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNtb2RhZHNvbmFjY3U-

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A trucker and his son told investigators they tortured and killed a 20-year-old Ohio man in the trucker's basement with the help of several other people, prosecutors said in a court filing Wednesday seeking first-degree murder and other charges against the men.

Authorities have been holding 38-year-old Chester Harvey Jr., of Laddonia, and 19-year-old Chad Michael Harvey, of Eolia, on one count each of abandonment of a corpse since shortly after finding the body of James William Boyd McNeely in the trailer of Harvey's semi."

"In addition to the charges pertaining to McNeely's slaying, Chester Harvey has been charged with one count of kidnapping after prosecutors say he held his wife and several children hostage, including a 9-year-old son who is on dialysis and in a wheelchair."

"they tortured and killed" "with the help of several other people".

Unbelievable.
What a cruel world this can be.

It is a cruel world. Sometimes I wonder why I frequent this forum as sometimes it's just too much to take.

Where do these people come from? This is sickening.

I'm really anxious for the "why?" to be answered.

Or messing around with someone's daughter? This is very sad. 5 grown men and not 1 of them knew better?

Salem

Oh, I'm sure they knew better Salem. It's just a shame none of them had the decency to try and help the young man or at least leave and tell LE. Pack mentality I guess.

Possibly financial problems? As if torture, murder, kidnapping, and child endangerment are what human beings do when they have a financial problem. Although, I didn't used to think that financial problems would bring about familicide either. Here's a little more info and backstory:

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=393898

"The people of Laddonia were stunned by the episode, but neighbor "CR" [EBM] describes the family as normal, saying they lived in Laddonia for about two years.

But online court records show in that time Chester Harvey, who was an over the road trucker, had numerous financial problems.

First a $20,000 judgment against him for breaking a contract with Peterbilt trucks, then three less sizable cases brought by creditors.

Son, Chad Harvey was facing a pending charge for passing bad checks."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091231...5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNtb3RydWNrZXJzd2k-

Mo. trucker's wife charged with murdering Ohio man

"Prosecutors have charged the wife of a Missouri trucker accused of torturing and killing a 20-year-old Ohio man with first-degree murder in the case.

Audrain County Prosecutor Jacob Shellabarger filed the charges Thursday against 34-year-old Angela Harvey of Laddonia."

This just keeps getting stranger.....

what is going on?! someone seems to have had a grudge against McNeely about lawd knows what & the entire mob of them helped seek vengeance?

is that picture of Lynn current? why would he be smiling in a mugshot?!

there was a 20-hour standoff between Harvey Sr. & the cops before he was arrested - this is craziness!

I can only find one 20-year old James McNeely in Ohio. He's Muslim. Don't want to start rumours - just reporting what I find.

I didn't see this anywhere else ... just read about the adults who've been charged ...

The juvenile officer, Bruce McKinnon, on Thursday asked that new charges of kidnapping, felonious restraint and armed criminal action be filed against the boys, ages 16 and 14.
The two, who have not been identified, already are accused of first-degree murder in the death of 20-year-old James William Boyd McNeely, who was smothered to death Dec. 18 at the home of 38-year-old Chester C. Harvey Jr. in Laddonia.

http://www.hannibal.net/news_court/x1671992528/Teens-may-be-charged-as-adults-in-murder-case

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100101...5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNtb3RydWNrZXJzd2k-

"ST. LOUIS – A woman accused of helping her husband and stepson torture and kill a 20-year-old Ohio man was charged Thursday with first-degree murder, and prosecutors said she admitted telling her husband how to suffocate the man.

Angela Harvey, 34, told investigators she was among those who held James William Boyd McNeely at gunpoint in the basement of her Laddonia home on Dec. 17, and that she took part in beating him, investigators said in a probable cause statement. She said she told her husband, 38-year-old Chester Harvey Jr., that he should kill McNeely by suffocating him, then watched as he wrapped a black trash bag around the victim's face until he died, they said."

This woman is pretty forthcoming with the facts. Is anyone asking "why"? LadyL, that's an intriguing bit of news but is anyone saying that the man's religion had anything to do with his horrid death? I think the theory is correct about pack mentality...even the teens, now? One can hope that the youngest child has been removed to a safe environment. Lord help me.

The MS page which LadyL found is interesting. The man, a JM, is caucasian but lists his religion as muslim. He states that he has a child and that he owes everything to his fiance, "C". It's a bit odd as he states that he drinks and smokes but everything else seems pretty average. He's attended a number of colleges for a short time. Really not sure if this is the same man so don't want to link with anything. It is the correct name and in Ohio.

My only thought is that possibly the Harvey family has a daughter which they were not pleased with having a relationship with this man. His first "friend", is expecting and is about five months along.

http://www.connecttristates.com/news/story.aspx?id=393545

"They're just regular people," said neighbor Bill Rhodes. That's what neighbors of the Harvey family tell KHQA. Chester Clay Harvey Junior, a truck driver, his wife a stay at home mom had four boys. They haven't lived in Laddonia too long, but nearby neighbor Bill Rhodes says he never had a problem with them.

"Didn't have too much trouble with them, actually C.J. would call me from the road and if the boys needed a talking to, we'd go over and talk to the boys, be here to help," Rhodes said.

That's why it comes as a shock that something like this would happen. "It's kind of weird for a small town..something's going to happen somewhere, just interesting it happened next door," said Rhodes. "It's the signs of more stuff to come, with the violence and people being unhappy," said Laddonia resident Larry Parks. Police don't know what caused Harvey to take his family hostage, but neighbors speculate that the tough economy *could* have made him snap.

Police tell KHQA they believe Harvey and the victim knew each other, but they're not sure how."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back