TX TX - Missouri City, WhtFem 17-28(TXDPS 25-45), 286UFTX, zebra print halter dress, thigh-highs Jul'01

future criminologist

Reaction score
Hi all,
I apologize if there's already a thread for this UID - I searched about 10-12 pages of this forum and could not find one.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/286uftx.html

286UFTX.jpg

Unidentified White Female

Discovered on July 30, 2001 in Missouri City, Fort Bend County, Texas.
Skeletal remains
Estimated date of death: 4 - 6 weeks prior

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 17 - 28 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3-5'4"
Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly Hispanic. Red/brown hair. Nails were polished with red polish with glitter. An unidentifiable tattoo was found in the remnants of soft tissue. The tattoo included two red triangular shapes, several small green triangular shapes, a round red shape, and a faint figure of what appears to be the capital letter "T". The original location of the tattoo is unknown.
Clothing: Black and white zebra print halter dress, with a yellow safety pin at the lowest part of the neckline. White thigh-high zipper boots with 4" platform heels, size 8 1/2 and 2 pairs of white men's tube socks. A white metal choker style, double-link chain necklace with several small, clear stones.
DNA: Available
Case History
The victim was located in a field in the 14800 block of East Hampton near Fondren Road.

Here is her NAMUS link - it has less info than Doe:

https://identifyus.org/cases/3439

Here are some possibles that I came up with and why they might match. Let me know what you guys think.

Christina Torres
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/torres_christina.html

5'4; has tattoos; disappeared from Texas; Hispanic (UID is possibly Hispanic); fits age range; hair in photo appears reddish-brown; disappeared 1/2/01 - UID is found 7/30/01.

torres_christina2.jpg

286UFTX.jpg

Sarah Kinslow

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kinslow_sarah.html

kinslow_sarah_ap.jpg

286UFTX.jpg

5'4; may have dyed hair reddish-brown; disappeared from Texas; disappeared 5/1/01; has a tattoo; a few years younger, but still close to age range

Alissa Marie Turney

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/turney_alissa.html

5'4; fits age range; brown hair, but also reddish in photos; disappeared from Arizona on 5/17/01.

turney_alissa.jpg

286UFTX.jpg

This is what I have to start with - I'm going to keep working on it....

Those all look possible, though none of them seems very likely. Sarah Kinslow looks the most like the sketch.

The UID's clothing makes me wonder if she disappeared from a party or club?

The safety pin at the neckline of the dress....is it possible that she was redressed by her killer. Put her in those clothes as part of his "fantasy"? Or possibly she borrowed the dress from her mother, friend, older sister? 2 pairs of tube socks also sounds like an attempt to make a too big pair of shoes fit better.

I have no idea why this would matter. Just typing as I think.

I agree with carbuff, Kinslow looks the best from what you have so far.

The safety pin at the neckline of the dress....is it possible that she was redressed by her killer. Put her in those clothes as part of his "fantasy"? Or possibly she borrowed the dress from her mother, friend, older sister? 2 pairs of tube socks also sounds like an attempt to make a too big pair of shoes fit better.

I have no idea why this would matter. Just typing as I think.

I agree with carbuff, Kinslow looks the best from what you have so far.

Either that, or the neckline was more revealing than she liked. I can't see a killer taking time to pin it in that particular spot. Borrowing the dress would make sense, though.

Two pairs of socks under boots is a common trick in New England for keeping yourself warm under dressy clothes, but yeah, it might mean the boots were too large for her, too. Hmmmm.....

When I saw the description of the tattoo of the letter T, I immediately thought of Sarah Kinslow, who has a tattoo of the letter I on her ankle. An I could easily be mistaken for a T.

Good point, jumpingbean!

Sarah is looking better as a match. Missouri City where the UID was found is 6 hours down I-45 from Greenville, according to Google Maps. Caddo Mills, where Sarah might have been seen, is on the route. That's also a direction they might have taken if they were on their way to Mexico. Maybe they stopped in the Houston area overnight, bought some clothes and stuff, and something happened between them. If her boyfriend/the guy she was with bought her the dress and boots, that might explain why they were the slightly wrong size, too.

for what it is worth, I thought the tattoo patterns and colors were worth a shot for Darlene Trujillo and it was not a facial resemblance by any stretch. I don't feel comfortable calling in these things and I did not have an email address for the Missouri City, TX PD.

I sent an email to Joanna Cristalli, the person at the National Forensic Science Technology Center assigned to Darlene's case on December 18, explaining why I though there was a possible match. This was, in part, what I emailed:

The UID was listed as possibly Hispanic. Also, the UID had tattoos described as such - An unidentifiable tattoo was found in the remnants of soft tissue. The tattoo included two red triangular shapes, several small green triangular shapes, a round red shape, and a faint figure of what appears to be the capital letter "T". The original location of the tattoo is unknown.

Darlene had numerous tattoos including green and red floral patterns and Spanish words which included a letter "t". Darlene was last seen on July 4, 2001 in Albuquerque, NM and the body was found in Missouri City, TX on July 30, 2001.

I did not get any acknowledgement that is was received. Who knows if it wound up in a spam filter. if anyone here thinks this is worth checking out and is willing to make a phone call to either Missouri City or Joanna Cristalli, I would really appreciate it.

While speaking with Theresa Dean of TX-DPS on a separate matter, I asked if Darlene Trujillo was on their rule-out listing.

She looked in the UID case file, and said that she could find no mention of Darlene. However, she said that she was unable to get into the MP system on her new computer, so she was unable to verify if Darlene's MP file has any mention of this UID case.

She took down Darlene's name and said that she would look further into it, and then we went on to a different case for which I had questions.

Webrocket: You might want to check back with her in a couple of weeks to see if she ever followed through.

Carl, did you have any email contact for Theresa Dean? I did not see her name on the UID's Namus page.

not having heard back on this one either, I saw there is now an email contact for the UID, Jennifer Love. I sent Ms. Love an email describing what I see as the similarities between the UID and Darlene Trujillo (it is not the faces but the underlying demographics and colored tattoos).

I never heard a peep from anyone on this one. it is a shame too. it is not every day you find a missing young Hispanic woman with red and green tattoos and words and a female UID who was possibly Hispanic with red and green tattoos with at least one letter still visible and the MP disappeared at the beginning of the same month the UID was found dead.

I wonder if the red and green tattoos were common (for example: a gang tatt)- otherwise it seems like Darlene would be a good bet- like webrocket says.

Did anyone find out anymore information on Sarah Kinslow being this UID or Darlene Trujillo?

Three ruleouts listed. Neither Darlene nor Sarah is among them. https://identifyus.org/cases/3439

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Shannon Arif 1977 Tennessee
Gina Hall 2008 Virginia
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia

The socks under the boots make me think this girl worked as an exotic dancer (tall boots cause sweatiness and the boots chafe skin so long tube socks are used to combat this issue.) She also might have been a pimp's track girl, hence the lack of anyone looking for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasmineVOM
Back