653 users online (77 members and 576 guests)  

Websleuths News

IPhone App to see if you're "too drunk to drive"

Testing yourself for driving drunk on New Year's Eve? IPhone has an 'app' for that

If you're worried you've had too many drinks to get behind the wheel on New Year's Eve, fear not: There's an app for that.

Just reach for your iPhone, because several apps are now available to tell someone when they've reached their legal limit.

[snip]

Of course, the app doesn't provide an exact, scientific reading because it doesn't take into account factors such as specific drink variations, an individual's metabolism or how much the person has had to eat.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ew-years-eve/1

Here's a tip. If you think you MIGHT be "too drunk" to drive...you probably are.

IMO, this is just encouraging people to drive with alcohol in their systems. I forsee a lawsuit in the future from a driver who gets a DUI, who's IPhone told them they weren't "too drunk".

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    That is sort of dumb. And it's true - if you're questioning whether or not you're too impaired to drive, you most certainly are.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    That is sort of dumb. And it's true - if you're questioning whether or not you're too impaired to drive, you most certainly are.

LOL - if I were drunk, I would totally lie to my IPhone!!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    LOL - if I were drunk, I would totally lie to my IPhone!!
    HAHAHAHAA!!! Right???!!!!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.