IL IL - Viola Brown Martin, 56, Chicago, 26 Dec 2009

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
'Idol' Contestant Searches for Missing Mom

Updated: Thursday, 31 Dec 2009, 9:30 AM CST
Published : Thursday, 31 Dec 2009, 9:29 AM CST

It's been five days since Angela Martin last saw her mother, Viola Brown Martin.
After spending Christmas dinner with her family, Angela says Viola got in her car Saturday for a twenty-minute trip to visit another daughter, but never made it there.

more at link and pictures of mom in video at link

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/idol-contestant-searches-missing-mom?loc=interstitialskip

also from above article: Today, police found her car near the south suburbs of Riverdale and Dixmoor, nowhere near her destination five days ago.

Prayers Viola is found safely! Especially since this daughter already lost her father to murder.

What a shame.

The area the car was found in is a rough neighborhood:(

Ooops - it is in the original article posted by Cubby.

"Today, police found her car near the south suburbs of Riverdale and Dixmoor, nowhere near her destination five days ago."

Carjacking?

At a stoplight or something? This is strange. I wonder if there is any possibility of her going to visit someone else on her way to her daughter's? Seems the kids would know though, because they expected her to reach her destination in 20 minutes.

I hope she is home soon and is okay.

Prayers for the family and this missing mom,

Salem

I watched the Fox video that Cubby posted again this morning (without the noise of overexcited kids bringing in the new year!) and heard Angela say that her mother always wants to help people. Did she stop for somebody? Viola's boyfriend was the last person to see her.

Yes its sounds like a possible carjacking. I wonder if she went to get gas or had stopped somewhere after she left her daughters. Hope they are looking at surveillance cameras in the area. Im praying shes found and safe somewhere.

Nary a word, next to no coverage. W exception of initial FOX report, this has received almost no media attention outside the idol blogasphere. :confused:

:parrot:

Nary a word, next to no coverage. W exception of initial FOX report, this has received almost no media attention outside the idol blogasphere. :confused:

When I watched the initial video about this mother, I thought "there is more focus on the daughter being a past contestant and current contestant on American Idol" then on the mother. I thought it was odd the daughter was all "decked" out for the camera and lack of emotion. :crazy:

When I watched the initial video about this mother, I thought "there is more focus on the daughter being a past contestant and current contestant on American Idol" then on the mother. I thought it was odd the daughter was all "decked" out for the camera and lack of emotion. :crazy:

Well I wasn't gonna say anything (thought I must be getting paranoid and trying to be a polite bird :snooty:) but since you did, lol wtheck is goin on here..??? :waitasec:

Well I wasn't gonna say anything (thought I must be getting paranoid and trying to be a polite bird :snooty:) but since you did, lol wtheck is goin on here..??? :waitasec:

And what happened to the daughter's dad, he was killed before her first appearance on Idol.
I tried to find a story about him or his obit, but could not find it.

I am not saying there is anything wrong going on, just an odd coincidence.

I found the focus on Idol a bit odd too, but posted anyway because mom is missing. I too have found nothing further on the mothers whereabouts....

One would think the 'idol' aspect helped in gaining some media attention for this case, why then no new news or no one picking up the story besides Fox?

The only thing online that I could find are the first two news articles posted.
And when I tried to find news of Angela and Idol, even those were in google search, but not so on the website.
So, where is Viola?
Maybe a call to the police dept?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member