950 users online (188 members and 762 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

VA - Alma 'Beth' Von Steinner, 57, found murdered, Spotsylvania, 22 Dec 2009

This woman was murdered and her truck was taken and is still missing. Spotslyvania virginia is where the Lisk girls were abducted and murdered.http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2...2009/1231spot1
    Last edited by Soulmagent; 12-31-2009 at 11:27 PM.

Thank you for posting this. I'm in VA and hadn't heard anything about it. Dodge Ram trucks are pretty common around here so it's good they listed the license plate number.

I remember when the Lisk girls were murdered. Did they ever find out who did it? Never mind, I answered the question myself.

http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller...chard_marc.php
    Last edited by lizzybeth; 01-01-2010 at 10:18 AM.

It will be interesting to see where the truck is found, hopefully lending clues to solve the murder. Poor woman, wonder if she was trying to escape her attackers which led to her being found on her property, vs the house.

It definitely sounds like whatever happened started inside the house. I think that of all the murders, the ones that disturb me the most are those of the very young and those over 50. The young ones because of all the lost potential and knowing how many hearts must be broken over such a great loss. The older ones because I know that the older I get, the more I appreciate life and take each day as a gift. How horrible to have that taken away!

The license plate was PIT PALS. Did she breed Pit Bulls? If so, did she run ads to sell pups? Would that explain why she was found outside but evidence was found inside of injuries or a struggle in her home?

I did find out that this woman had not been seen for five days and the EMT who told me that said that whoever took the truck had a five day head start. This is all unconfirmed but I thought I would post the local 'word' .

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    The license plate was PIT PALS. Did she breed Pit Bulls? If so, did she run ads to sell pups? Would that explain why she was found outside but evidence was found inside of injuries or a struggle in her home?
    Tis poor lady. I did a search even of that addy and can't find anything about pit bulls. A search of Pit-Pals in general is overwhelming. Perhaps she baked? Had something to do with racing?

I feel so bad for this woman. RIP Miss Alma Von Steinner. I hope they find who hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Tis poor lady. I did a search even of that addy and can't find anything about pit bulls. A search of Pit-Pals in general is overwhelming. Perhaps she baked? Had something to do with racing?

I feel so bad for this woman. RIP Miss Alma Von Steinner. I hope they find who hurt you.
    Maybe she sold Pit Pal which is a storage unit for a racing helmet with a rod to hang the driver's racing suit.

imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Maybe she sold Pit Pal which is a storage unit for a racing helmet with a rod to hang the driver's racing suit.

imo
    Is that what they are OBE? I saw those in my search.

Maybe soulmagent will know. I hate hearing about someone dying alone like that. Bless her.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Is that what they are OBE? I saw those in my search.

Maybe soulmagent will know. I hate hearing about someone dying alone like that. Bless her.
    All I know is that is what they are called in the racing circles.

Or she could have a pit bull.

I am glad it is a distinctive tag although I think the perp is long gone by now and may have switched the plates.

imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

A little bit of conversation on the following link. According to someone on that forum,
    Ms Von Steinner used to do therapy dog work at the hospital and nursing homes.

http://fredtalk.fredericksburg.com/s...=0#Post1546814
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205 View Post
    A little bit of conversation on the following link. According to someone on that forum,
    Ms Von Steinner used to do therapy dog work at the hospital and nursing homes.

http://fredtalk.fredericksburg.com/s...=0#Post1546814
    This makes it even more sad. It seems she was a kind woman who helped others.

for Alma
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

The address is 9404 Robert e lee drive, in the google image of the street you can see her truck parked in her front yard. Also you can see what looks like a camper ,a horse trailer and a few old cars. The home looks like a weird place to target for a random crime.

The Pet assistance league uses the acromym PAL.I dont know if the tag has to do with that or not but it is a local group in this area.
    Last edited by Soulmagent; 01-04-2010 at 01:10 AM.

More info

Word around the Spotsylvania "horse country" is that Ms. Steinner was seen mistreating a horse out back on her property. I won't go into detail but it was pretty bad and totally heartless. Word also is that when found she was out back in the field and under much the same conditions. These occurances happened close timewise. Many things get exaggerated at times like this, but the story came from a valid source.

Her daugther-in-law stated that she did not work with animals, i.e. visiting, rescue, etc. She did have animals of her own, including horses.

Very little has leaked into the news. After the initial report of her death, no details have been in the local paper.

More info

Word around the Spotsylvania "horse country" is that Ms. Steinner was seen mistreating a horse out back on her property. I won't go into detail but it was pretty bad and totally heartless. Word also is that when found she was out back in the field and under much the same conditions. These occurances happened close timewise. Many things get exaggerated at times like this, but the story came from a valid source.

Her daugther-in-law stated that she did not work with animals, i.e. visiting, rescue, etc. She did have animals of her own, including horses.

Very little has leaked into the news. After the initial report of her death, no details have been in the local paper.

Additionally, a vehicle was used in both instances. Her truck was involved in the abuse and therefore was probably used in her death. The truck was more than likely gotten rid of because of it's involvement and possible evidence. It will probably never reappear.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast