Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    Oh, Oh, I know, pick me, pick me (Hands in the air).

JOSH'S DADDY!
    Agreed!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OK5 For This Useful Post:

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Testing my avatar!
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue_Dolphin308 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    I sure do. I love texting.
    Yay! I do too. Will be texting you soon then, if thats okay...of course.

Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    Thank you so much for responding! Is it light grey/silver or light blue. It's hard to tell from the partial pic on the news.
    It is dark blue.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OK5 For This Useful Post:

Susan's face is really on the news a lot more today, thank goodness. I bet Josh never expected all this interest from everyone/everywhere. I hope Nancy Grace will have a lot on her show tonight in regards to Susan's disappearance.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to angeleleven For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    Can you put your finger on what you feel about him? Gut feeling? menacing? dishonest?
    Many of my girl friends found my ex menacing before I did
    He just made me feel uncomfortable. He was nice enough and seemed fine when he was our realtor and we had to work closely with him for a few months straight but that was also 4 1/2 years ago. A lot has changed with him since then it seems. He seemed fake. I didn't like how he was treating Susan and because of the things I knew about their relationship it made me like him less because I knew what kinds of things she had to put up with.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to OK5 For This Useful Post:

I wonder if Josh's dad has lawyered up since his name has been showing up on websites as people start to speculate.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to angeleleven For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heatherly30 View Post
    I apologize if these questions have already been answered...

but in reference to the comments that Susan desired that Josh become more active in the church...

Was Josh raised LDS? Is his family LDS? Were they married in the temple?
    I believe both of his parents were LDS and so the kids were born into an LDS family. The mother is active, but once they got divorced...Steven stopped going. I am not sure if he stopped before the divorce or after, but once he had custody of the kids...he did not take them to church anymore. Josh didn't attend church or activities like scouts at all growing up. I do know that Josh and Susan got married in the temple and he was very active for a while. His inactivity in the church has slowly happened over the last couple years I would say.

Missing Poster

Someone wanted a poster/flyer with Josh and Susan on it.

I have one, but it's only 103 X 130; I don't know how to enlarge it without it getting blurry.

I have a new one; 483 X 684
    Last edited by Karen Anne RN; 01-04-2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: addition

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karen Anne RN For This Useful Post:

I am slightly disappointed in some of the big media sources. Neither msnbc.com or cnn.com have anything on their main pages about Susan.
    ~True strength is being able to keep it together when everyone else expects you to fall apart.~

http://www.sheriannherboys.com

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CCup For This Useful Post:

In all this media blitz, I hope Josh is shown allot because maybe just maybe someone will remember him from 1 of his ventures last month, camping or the 24 hours with rental!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

What media outlets are covering this story? I assume all in the media outlets in Utah, but are any national outlets covering it?
    ~True strength is being able to keep it together when everyone else expects you to fall apart.~

http://www.sheriannherboys.com

how did everyone get the ribbon for Susan avatar????
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCup View Post
    What media outlets are covering this story? I assume all in the media outlets in Utah, but are any national outlets covering it?
    Prime News and Issues geared in on it tonight as they didn't cover it last week. The coverage is all the same stuff we have already heard. They did discuss the media blitz and Kiirsi was on the show. She basically said the same thing she said on the Today Show this morning.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    how did everyone get the ribbon for Susan avatar????
    Tricia posted about it earlier in this thread. You can copy it and use it as your avatar for the 72 hours media blitz.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

I just saw JVM Issues. In the clip of this controlling husband, I noticed him walking and carrying the boy. He makes a horrible ugly angry face while saying something very brief. I could tell that he was talking to someone behind him but not sure if he was directing it towards the other little boy walking or the gray haired lady. I'd hate to be controlled by that ugly face he made. He looks much too skinny and wimpy to have been out lifting logs or doing any major hiking or digging. He could have taken Susan out, drugged and ill, and driven her to some remote area and left her to hypothermia. Maybe someone saw something. The rental car and all the miles is the clue or else he went in the opposite direction to throw LE off.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:

I am slightly disappointed in some of the big media sources. Neither msnbc.com or cnn.com have anything on their main pages about Susan.
    I hate to be logical...but what good would it do really?

Utah is a relatively low population state....this has been all over the media
    I don't think Susan is a runaway...she is not hiding out in Hawaii

IMHO national media blitz is needed in cases where there is a clear kidnapping...where the child/person kidnapped has a good chance of being alive

the real truth? the "cases" that could MOST benefit from this are the not so spectacular "custody" cases...usually a non custodial parent won't harm the child (USUALLY)....
    and they often run to another state or even cross country (or slide on down to Florida LOL)....

so it makes sense

an example of this : during the heyday of "Natalee Holloway" media blitz, there was a guy who was trying to get his "case" of his 2 year old son attention....taken by his non custodial ex and her new bf....but it was not that "juicy" of a news story

some of us wrote and wrote to Greta, Nancy etc etc...finally Nancy G gave his case about 2 minutes....and the jerk mom who stole the kid went to a pay phone in Texas where she was hiding (he was from east)...and she called LE..
    why?? cause she knew once they were on tv that people in the small town they were living in would turn them in...and she didn't want her child/herself to get killed in a police standoff etc

that is the power of the media

I am sorry for Susan's family...but honestly....what will national attention do here??

IMHO the "attention" needs to be in Utah...who saw Josh/van/kids that fateful night?? what about survelience tapes (already erased or?)

more "attention" in Washington state too....public opinion might sway some of the protective relatives....will they wish to be outcasts/pariahs??

There has been a lot of attention already...there are other cases that could benefit from the media spotlight right now....

I hate to be pessimistic...but IMHO "logical" opinion they can 1) attention in Utah..who saw them? more details? get people to speak up etc....2) focus in Washington...3) Susan's family needs a good lawyer....good PI too ??
    how about a lawsuit for "child endangerment" to take those babies camping in that cold in the middle of the night?? How about a lawsuit that he is an unfit father?? 4) Pressure on Josh and his family

Meanwhile..just 2 minutes of national exposure can mean a happy ending in a "custodial" case JMO

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LogicalMinds For This Useful Post:

I copied the bue ribbon from Tricia's message, but where do I put it?
    I went to my profile, but I can't get it??? any suggestions??
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    My thoughts and prayers have been with the Cox family, Susan, and the boys since Susan has been missing. I will not forget them. But, I do have to wonder just how effective this media blitz will be. While I do very much agree that Susan's case needs to stay in the media and have attention, I just do not think getting flyers out all over everywhere will be too effective. As another poster had stated, a pic of Josh in his woolen cap and the van might would be the most effective. I do realize that it cannot be done because Josh has not been charged with anything. So that one is out.
    Respectfully snipped by me for space.

There is nothing that would prevent either LE or Susan's friends or family from posting such a flyer. At least nothing in a legal sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
    This whole thing is just perplexing.

I don't want to judge Kiirsi's approach to all of this, because my heart tells me she has nothing but honorable intentions. But I don't understand the logic behind alluding to things that could add insight to Josh's position, then saying she's "not going to be the one to ever say anything about them." Why say anything at all, then?

And what could she possibly be talking about? What information could she possibly have that would lead her to believe Susan was taken out of state, against her will? Did Susan have an Internet friend that she decided to meet? That seems unlikely, knowing a little about her background. Did she have some unreported interaction with someone through work? That might make a little more sense. She has to be on the phone all the time, I would think - and dealing with people's money, in this market, might lead to problems. I just don't get it.

Josh is either guilty as sin (my vote), or dumber than rocks (probably mostly right, too). If there is any information that could exonerate him, he should leak it. Because as it stands, if you were to take a poll of those who have followed this, 100% would say they think he's guilty.
    I bet Kiirsi thinks Josh is guilty of causing Susan to go missing. She has apparently been told by LE not to talk about her theories but she has spoken to LE. Perhaps she feels josh has Susan concealed and imprisoned somewhere out of state, but alive. Perhaps she feels that because she wants to believe that Susan is still alive.

Or maybe she thinks Susan is deceased and that josh hid her body out of state.

I think Kiirsi is a stand up person and a good friend. Her efforts are keeping a spotlight on this case. I think she and Susan's family are working with LE and are trying not to say much negative about josh for two reasons:
    One, they want to keep the lines of communication open in case he says something. Two, he has those boys. The only access to the children is through josh, which is scary. I'm sure they want maintain a relationship.

I think the media blitz is designed to put pressure on josh. They may hope that by keeping Susan's story and photos out there it will cause him to become remorseful and own up to what he did, or at the least, act in ways that could provide further evidence.

They seem to be acting cautiously. They want josh to feel pressure but not to the extent that he may take his life and/or that of the kids. Hence, they don't put out flyers with his face and/or the car.
    The problem with that approach is that leads can grow cold. People who may have remembered josh or his van a month ago, may not remember it in a month or two. It is a tight rope.

Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    But police say that Powell, who has moved in with his father in Washington state and plans to move his sons there permanently, has hired a prominent defense attorney and has declined to submit to questioning.
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/346867...-today_people/

I read in another article, I will look for it...that the lawyer isn't even returning police's call.

They can't make him talk. He does that right to remain silent. Even if we would love to kick him to make him talk.
    I am trying to be patient but I am positive and have full faith that LE are building their case. It is often a wait but I know they will have their man. josh is going to be arrested for this eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by OKand3Js View Post
    He just made me feel uncomfortable. He was nice enough and seemed fine when he was our realtor and we had to work closely with him for a few months straight but that was also 4 1/2 years ago. A lot has changed with him since then it seems. He seemed fake. I didn't like how he was treating Susan and because of the things I knew about their relationship it made me like him less because I knew what kinds of things she had to put up with.
    Hi OKand3Js! Would you feel comfortable telling us a bit more about the things you knew about their relationship and how josh treated Susan? Have you spoken to LE about what you knew? Thanks!
    Last edited by gitana1; 01-04-2010 at 09:55 PM.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    I copied the bue ribbon from Tricia's message, but where do I put it?
    I went to my profile, but I can't get it??? any suggestions??
    Do the same thing with the purple ribbon pic like you did with your 2010 avatar. You would have to replace your 2010 avatar with the purple ribbon pic..

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Last week Prime News, Issues and Nancy were all on "holiday" and most of the shows covered other stuff or repeats.

Prime News and Issues covered some, but there is nothing new to report.

ETA: I didn't tape the segments on Prime or Issues as there is nothing new at all.
    Last edited by Patty G; 01-04-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: added more

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

I really thought Susan would be found by now, breaks my heart for her children and her family. Hopefully LE has alot on Josh and is just waiting for some testing results to come back.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busylady For This Useful Post:

Last night the find Susan Powell facebook page had about
    11,000 members... it now has 24,400+!

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to harleysnana For This Useful Post:

More on whether or not Susan was "not feeling well" the evening of her disappearance.

I found the following at the 2:00 mark of the "Interview with Powell Neighbor" video portion of the following link.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=9029772&nid=148

When asked by the reporter if she remembered what the last thing Susan sad to her was, JoVonna stated,

"Just that she was tired and she said, did I mind if she went and lied down I said I didn't have a problem with that, I'd keep working on the yarn."

Now note that JoVonna only says "tired" there, but she also does not specifically state that Susan was NOT sick. So I'm still kind of up in the air on whether JoVonna definitely does or does not think Susan was feeling under the weather that evening. Susan may have told JoVonna she was just tired, but may have mentioned to someone else (Josh?) that she wasn't feeling well. It's also possible she mentioned it to JoVonna but I hit a JoVonna interview that didn't touch on it, but there might be others that do.

I realize it may seem like I'm beating a dead horse here, but I do have a reason. At around the 4:24 mark of the video below, Josh is asked by the reporter about Susan laying down cause she was not feeling well and he kind of starts to wig out a little, saying, "Well she wasn't not feeling well. She was feeling well. Um, she just went to bed."

Those comments kind of struck me as funny. If someone had mentioned that my spouse went to lay down cause they were feeling ill I'd probably say they hadn't mentioned that to me, or that from what I could tell, they were feeling okay. But he seems to want to make it clear that Susan was "feeling well."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCXDpQEfZm8[/ame]

But in this article, it states:

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14058397

"Joshua Powell has told police he took his sons Charlie, 4, and Braden, 2, camping at 12:30 a.m. that day and had left his wife, who was not feeling well, home alone."

Also, OKand3Js, our treasured new WS member who knows the family personally stated earlier in this thread:

"From what I heard from the very beginning of this whole thing was that Susan had an ongoing ear ache problem for about 2 weeks prior to her going "missing." I was told that she did indeed not feel well and went to go lie down around 5pm on Sunday afternoon and that is when Jovonna decided to leave. I am not certain on whether she was still not feeling well when Josh supposedly left with the boys at midnight."

(The above is bolded by me.)

OKand3Js is correct that JoVonna left shortly after Susan went to lie down. It says in JoVonna's interview that Josh mentioned taking the boys sledding once Susan went to nap and JoVonna left. Regarding Susan not feeling well around 5:00, as JoVonna didn't specifically state Susan was NOT sick, and OKand3Js was informed that Susan was indeed not feeling well, I think it's safe to assume that the reason Susan went to lie down was because she wasn't feeling that great. Now whether or not it was an ear ache, or nausea I don't know, and OKand3Js, if you have any more info on this you can share that would be great!

But back to the main issue here. IF the media is correct that Josh originally told the police Susan was not feeling well, and in the later TV interview he specifically makes a point that she "was feeling well," one definitely has to wonder what he's hiding about her actual health that evening.

In the words of OKand3Js, "Food for thought."
    Last edited by JennaLee; 01-04-2010 at 10:23 PM.

44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JennaLee For This Useful Post:

I personally keep thinking that Josh gave Susan some drug/s so that she would be knocked out..

there obviously was NOT a big fight...no knockdown dragout fight...and surely there would have been....

I think that the "wet spot" was vomit...often people who try to commit suicide with pills vomit them up...it could have been a reaction like that...didn't kill her, she vomited it
    then somehow Josh led her out to the van/dragged her and took her out...and ?
    I am still thinking "sledding"...there might be little bits of "truth" in his ridiculous stories

I think his conflicting (lies) stories are simply he can't remember what he said, he has forgotten his own cover ups...I bet he and daddy are "rehearsing" his stuff back home in Washington

the sad part is that Susan could have been taken anywhere...in a large radius

letting Josh rent that car with NO tracking is so ridiculous, how anyone can say that the LE are doing a good job I just don't know...I sure do not think they are

IMHO>>> Susan's family needs to play hardball with LE there...get a great lawyer..

I think a civil suit or some sort of emergency protection order for those boys could be in order....what about getting people to testify that Josh had "problems"? Taking the boys out in that freezing weather to camp is not a good father...???

It is a shame to see such an obvious "creep" (or worse...probably MUCH worse) have custody of those kids...is he working? supporting them?? Is he mentally stable?? What about his past "goofs">> what about the $80k phone book "ad">> isn't that grand theft?
    I don't care what they charge him with..."bird abuse" for neglecting the birds...
    but please charge him and get those little boys away from him

46. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LogicalMinds For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast