OH - Up for Parole Child Killer... *extremely disturbing*

ariel7

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Reaction score
Is there any way someone can send this link to O'Reilly at Fox News. (Wed..I will be getting better service & can do it myself....but not before then). He would be all over this and would definately do all he can to help keep this monster in jail. From what I've seen on his programs, he really fights for children and hates when these monsters come up for parole. JMO

The killer is truly sick and I feel if he were to get out of prison that he would do it again.

Why would they even consider not keeping this guy in for life? his crime was so heinious I can't imagine him ever being set free.

This was a horrific crime. This disgusting piece of said that his only regret was that he didn't get a chance to do the same thing to Sara's little 3 year old brother! He also sent death threats to the family after he was incarcerated! This link mirrors the story on the above link, but there is more information.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-138555.html

Is there a petition online that can be signed? I hope he never gets out. If he were to get out, I would hope for vigilante justice as he took his first few steps of freedom.

I saw this as I was reading the article.

Ohio Board of Parole
770 W. Board St.
Columbus Ohio 43222
Letter must refer to inmate No. A279420.

Thank you for posting that, Wonders.

I just read the other link that eleven shared, and I honestly feel
sick. I am not so sure that I have ever felt quite as sick, and I've
followed many crimes and missing cases, ALL of them horrible
tragedies.
This bit here:

As Kevin was searching outside he was yelling for Seth and Sara when he heard a small voice say, "Here I are, Daddy, here I are," said West. It was Seth. Shafer had locked him in a shed. Shafer later confessed he was hiding in the woods waiting to kill Kevin as well. Shafer also threatened to kill the whole West family, according to West, and sent a death threat through the mail after his incarceration.

"There hasn't been a day go by when (Shafer) doesn't appear in the picture. I have a hard time just picking up a knife. I have to remind myself, I'm just peeling potatoes," West said.

tears me up to read... :(

This was a horrific crime. This disgusting piece of said that his only regret was that he didn't get a chance to do the same thing to Sara's little 3 year old brother! He also sent death threats to the family after he was incarcerated! This link mirrors the story on the above link, but there is more information.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-138555.html

Is there a petition online that can be signed? I hope he never gets out. If he were to get out, I would hope for vigilante justice as he took his first few steps of freedom.

DRC Victim's Services
770 West Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43222

Each page must contain Shafer's inmate number, A279420. Or you can go to the "Block Parole" link above to print off a pre-written letter to sign and send in to the parole board. All letters must be sent in by January 15th. Shafer will never view any of the letters, only a parole board member can view them. But they will remain in his permanent file for any future parole hearings. Danny Shafer and the West family say they have received death threats from Billy Joe Shafer and Danny Shafer says they need community's support.

http://www.whiznews.com/content/new...-convicted-murder-wants-to-keep-son-in-prison

I don't understand how they could possibly consider letting this freak out of prison. I get that he was only 16 when he murdered this beautiful little baby, but FGS, he's nothing less than evil. His own father is afraid of him!

There is no doubt in my mind he will absolutely kill again if released. I hope that parole board understands it will be blood on their hands if they let him out.

DRC Victim's Services
770 West Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43222

Each page must contain Shafer's inmate number, A279420. Or you can go to the "Block Parole" link above to print off a pre-written letter to sign and send in to the parole board. All letters must be sent in by January 15th. Shafer will never view any of the letters, only a parole board member can view them. But they will remain in his permanent file for any future parole hearings. Danny Shafer and the West family say they have received death threats from Billy Joe Shafer and Danny Shafer says they need community's support.

http://www.whiznews.com/content/new...-convicted-murder-wants-to-keep-son-in-prison

At the Block Parole link you can also e-mail your protest, which I just did. Faster and more convenient.

DRC Victim's Services
770 West Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43222

Will my letter count even if I don't live in Ohio? This is one of the worst crimes I have ever read about. This monster should have received the death penalty or LWOP! TIA

Here's a site where you can send letters:

http://www.blockparole.com/

Thank you for that link - I will bookmark that for sure. It was easy and felt good to have the instant satisfaction of knowing my outrage will be counted.

:banghead: Why in the H*** is this even an option. :banghead: Writing my comment, I couldn't think of a ladylike word for him so I used inmate.

Why in the world would this man be up for parole if he was sentenced to life in prison ? I will be sending my letter out first thing in the morning !

As I put in my comment:
You don't let them out once they have a signature, they are killing machines by that point.

My first thought was, "Oh come on, there is no way they will parole this guy,"

Then I came to my senses and slapped myself upside the head.

The U.S. has and will continue to release violent predators like this from prison under the guise of "rehabilitation."

Honestly, I see no problem whatsoever that every violent paroled felon be given living quarters next to a parole board member and their family.

Of course people will say this is "overreacting" but you know what? THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE PAROLE BOARD IS DOING TO US when they parole these monsters. Why shouldn't we be allowed the same right.

This person will NEVER be rehabilitated. NEVER. Common sense tells us this. We don't need to see any reports. Just use our common sense.

This is very frightening.

OMG - I had tears in my eyes from reading the links! I cant believe they are considering letting this maniac out! give him the chair!

That poor girl and her family :(

Letter sent.
This foul creature need not step foot outside of prison walls, ever again. May he rot in a hole before being cast into the pits of fire. Hopefully, after Anthony Sowell, Ohio (along with the rest of the world) has learned what happens when violent criminals like this are released to live among the innocent and law abiding citizens. They need to just keep him locked away from the normal population for the rest of his pathetic existance. He gave up his freedom when he stole Sara's freedom to live.

Letter sent.

I respect a prison system that would realize that Charles Manson is a sicko and should NEVER be let out into society and hope the parole board (and future boards) will realize that if they release this (insert words of choice here) that NO ONE in his path will EVER be safe.

I do have one question however. After stabbing his brother at age 12, why was he out in public and why did his family allow him around other children, without warning those parents.

Sorry, I lied. Another question. What happend to the friends of Billys', whom he rode his bike to and told them he was going to kill the family? Where did he get the gun, that he later shot Sara in the head with? He said he and his friends shot it in the backyard before going back to the house. Were they ever even reprimended for not telling someone?

My head can not even comprehend the possibility of this "inmate" getting out of prison.

I went to the website ( www.blockparole.com ), and filled out/signed the petition form protesting this monster's release. My boyfriend and daughter will do it tomorrow- along with every friend I can contact.

This crime was not only heartbreaking, it was truly horrific.

This sociopath was only 16 years old (in human years) when he tortured, raped, mutilated and murdered 5 year old Sara... but, evil is ageless.

I fear that these years of incarceration have done nothing but give him time to create even more sexually deviant fantasies. I have no doubt he will be anxious to act out these murderous blood-lust fantasies.

When it is considered that at the age of 12 years, he stabbed his sleeping 6 year old brother with a knife- while the young child slept- it becomes obvious the night little Sara was butchered was not an isolated incident brought on by a normal teenager sniffing glue, drinking beer and watching horror flicks on tv.

No, he was a thrill killer at sixteen, and will remain a thrill killer until the day he dies.

I pray to God that this criminal is never released from prison- until the day he is carried out in a body bag.

(He reminds me of Richard Ramirez, the 'Night Stalker' who terrorized Southern California during the 1980's).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back