753 users online (88 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The Doe Network states that he was hiking with his brothers and sisters when he went missing but his sister said he was walking home from a friend's house. Would that minor detail need to be corrected with Doe?

Edinburgh currently, but Wales is where my home always is
    JillPillrn can you explain why the media reports and doe network all say he was on the mountain if he was walking home from school? I hope you and yours will have some closure soon

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    With all those people out searching for him so quickly and not finding any trace of him makes me think foul play. So from what I gather - David was not out on Tiger Mt - he was walking home from a friends house?

Jill - does your family think he was abducted off the street or maybe he cut through the woods to get home quicker and got injured? It is hard to believe that a little boy can go into the woods and never come back but it has happened. I can think of two - can't remember either of their names - one was out with his boy scout troop, was slacking behind and disappeared. The other I can think of was out with his grandfather and father and wandered to go take some pictures. They found his camera and food wrappers but they never found him.

I am sorry your family has had to go through all these years not knowing. I am so glad to hear they are reopening the case. After all these years someone might pipe up with some new info.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

I am glad to have read David's sister's response to Trurose. I was David's desk partner in May, 1968. We were in the third grade, Mrs. Collingsworth's class. I was seven when he went missing. Thousands of people joined in this search both law enforcement, the fathers in our church; many women cooked and fed these searchers and the Adams' family. The hunt was nationwide and the news media was involved as well. I wonder today if with our advanced technology if answers would more readily be available today than they were in 1968. I remember sitting by the phone hours at a time waiting for news that David had been found; praying fervently for his safety and our fathers' and brothers and neighbors who were in the woods night and day trying to find any clues.

I have been thinking a lot about him lately and so googled his name and realized that King County had reopened his case in April, 2009; I am very happy to hear this.

I had played with David in the woods near his home. He was not 'unfamiliar' with the area. He went to my church. We were at each others' birthday parties...

This loss was very traumatic to his family and to us who knew him, us kids his age. The fear that he had been taken and killed was very trying and as the years go by, the unanswered questions continue to haunt me. There was so much rumor back then.

It is nice to see that people still remember and care. David, wherever you are, you are not forgotten.
    Last edited by Robkillian; 06-19-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Rainbow: as far as I remember, he was coming home from a friend's home just a few yards away and it was through the woods that he had to travel. But, one can see this house from the Adams' house.

Thanks to Jill and Rob for clearing this story up.

IF he somehow got lost, his remains would still be on Tiger Mountain, and they likely would have been found by now - it's a very popular hiking area in Seattle.

It would be interesting to know if any predators were caught who operated in the Seattle area in 1968.

One of my most persistant memories of this time was that dogs and trails always ended up at this guy's home in Renton who had just poured a new cement deck in his back yard....but no one could find the means to force the deck to be uncovered or dug up....I would love to see the cold case look into these stories and find that house...or that man and see if he has a history or other story linking him to young boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Robkillian View Post
    One of my most persistant memories of this time was that dogs and trails always ended up at this guy's home in Renton who had just poured a new cement deck in his back yard....but no one could find the means to force the deck to be uncovered or dug up....I would love to see the cold case look into these stories and find that house...or that man and see if he has a history or other story linking him to young boys.
    Wow, that's fascinating. I wonder if the original case file has this person mentioned... he may well have been caught by now for other crimes, or has moved away and the new owners would be more willing to see what's under their cement deck.

How far away was this from his last sighting? I know parts of Renton border the Tiger Mountain area, but it's a trek from what I consider Issaquah.

That is why I finally posted this memory...to see if anyone else has information about this. I was only 7 and it was 41 years ago...but I think this house was only a few miles from David's neighborhood...it bordered the line between Issaquah and Renton.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahR View Post
    JillPillrn can you explain why the media reports and doe network all say he was on the mountain if he was walking home from school? I hope you and yours will have some closure soon
    Sarah R, You were asking about David hiking on the mountain versus walking home from school.
    This might help you understand the Issaquah area a little more. Issaquah was originally developed in a little valley between several small mountains, Tiger Mtn, Cougar Mtn. In the 50's and 60's developments started sprouting up all over these mountains. If you did want to hike, it was only a few steps away for anyone who lived in Issaquah, even people who lived in town (what my Mother called the "flatlanders"). Here is a link to an aerial view of Issaquah from 1956. Tiger Mountain is on the left.

http://nooksack.lib.washington.edu/c...ISOBOX=1&REC=1

Also, a few weeks ago my daughter and I visited Clark Elementary where the plaques are for David Duke. We just wanted to confirm that they were for him. We walked around the entire school and there are no plaques for David Adams.
    Just as an FYI, there was a drinking fountain that had been placed on the playground against the building for David Duke also. The fountain never really worked properly and it was taken out many years ago, but you can still see the outline of the mason's cement where it was located.

Forty one years after a little boy disappeared near Issaquah, a new lead has surfaced in the cold case.

Detectives told the family of David Adams they've named a person of interest who may be talking to someone about the crime.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/7...#idc-container

What was the name of this guy in Renton?
    I am very suspicious of the BS that Tru Rose posted and it raises my spidey senses even more that this person has not been back since they have been proven to be a liar. The only reason I can think of for being so deceitful is not a pretty one.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    Forty one years after a little boy disappeared near Issaquah, a new lead has surfaced in the cold case.

Detectives told the family of David Adams they've named a person of interest who may be talking to someone about the crime.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/7...#idc-container
    Sounds like Robkillian was on to something in his previous post! I hope now that this information has come out, he will come back and post some more.

I'm not sure which is more bizarre, the case, or the OP. I don't understand the OP at all, why lie about something that could be proven wrong?

I hope David's family get some answers soon.

Hello, I'm new here...not to lurking, but this case inspired me to register.

The OP is very disturbing to me. I believe the person who posted it is also posting on other news article comment boards defending the suspect and claiming to know details about this case. KomoTV's site (Seattle area news) is just one of them. (Link below)

Some basic research I did via internet tells me the name she gave in the OP might be something to look at. There is a man who is the right age living in Lewis County by that name, a fit with the new investigative details. Pure speculation, but I wonder if this poster is a relative or wife of the suspect.

I've sent links to this thread and the other threads I found these comments to the LE investigator by email. It may be something they are aware of--probably--but it can't hurt to send along anyway.

Thanks for being here WS, it's a helpful forum with a lot of sharp, interesting members. I look forward to getting more involved in the conversations soon!.

Komo article: http://www.komonews.com/news/78927242.html
    links to the posts in question: http://intensedebate.com/people/september1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast