1267 users online (225 members and 1042 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 52 of 52
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    237
    47 Years . Still unsolved


    Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2
    If you read news reports of the disappearance of David Adams, you will read that David was walking home from a friend’s house. That friend was my younger brother. My brother would have been the last person to see him before he disappeared. I was standing nearby saying goodbye.

    I just thought I would clarify some things. I was 9 years old that the time, and my memory may be fuzzy, but there are some things I can remember quite well. Jill and Rob have done a great job telling their stories, but not all of the details are quite right, and Jill makes reference to some things that Tru Rose got wrong.

    David was not hiking on Tiger Mountain when he disappeared. He was walking home from my family’s house, which is off of Tiger Mountain Road, so named because it runs near the base of the mountain.

    There were stories of David walking out to Tiger Mountain Road, meeting a girlfriend there, and running away. The stories were never verified, and they seem highly unlikely, especially for an 8 year old boy. Where would he have gone? How would he have traveled without being seen? How would he have supported himself? Why did no girlfriend ever speak up? No young girls in the area disappeared at the same time, so he definitely was not traveling with a local girlfriend.

    David could not have drowned in 15 mile creek and his body washed away. As Jill pointed out, the water was less than a foot deep. Even during the spring runoff there was not enough current to wash a body away. The bridge David crossed to get home was wide enough to accommodate a truck, so it is doubtful that he would have fallen off. The only traffic that crossed the bridge was my family, or visitors, and neither was using the road at that time, so there was no reason for him not to walk right down the center of the bridge. If he had fallen into the creek, his body would have been found. The creek was a very popular place for neighborhood kids to play.

    If a body could have washed down the creek, it would have passed through several back yards, into Issaquah Creek, and through the downtown area. Assuming it could have made it past the salmon hatchery, where the water is diverted into the ponds, it would have eventually wound up in Lake Sammamish, where it would have been found, had it not been found long before it got that far.

    My brother and I explored every square inch of the forest while we lived there. There was no quicksand anywhere. Some of the area near the creek was marshy, but those areas were not on his route home, and had he gotten lost there, the search dogs would have found him. We never found any coal mine shafts in the area. There was an old well near the Adams’s house, but had he fallen in, he would have been found. It was David’s older brother who showed me where the well was.

    Our house was not within sight of the Adams’s house. David would need to walk almost 1/4 to get home. Most of that is along roads, and the rest cross country for a short distance and along two short trails. Or he could have taken a slightly longer route that would be almost entirely road walking. He did take the first short trail that bypassed our driveway and took him to the road down near the creek. News reports say that my brother walked with him down to the bridge, but I don’t remember seeing him go farther than the start of the first trail.

    If David had lost his way or gotten hurt in the forest, he would have been found. The only difficult part of the route was finding the second trail that would take him from our road to his. Had he found the trail, someone in my family would have found him within a day or two, as we used it all the time on our way to and from the school bus stop. If he had missed the trail, he would have wound up in someone’s back yard. He would not have been found by hikers. The area where he got lost was privately owned lots. He would have been found by the search dogs, or by a neighborhood kid playing in the woods.

    Just to give you a mental picture: Tiger Mountain Road runs roughly east/west. 240th (the road that the Adams’s lived on) runs north off of Tiger mountain road. I believe the Adams’s house was the third house from the corner. My family lived on 241st, which was a private dirt road also running north off of Tiger Mountain Road. There were three families living along 241st. (Maybe two. I don’t remember if the third house had been built yet.) Our house was the farthest from Tiger Mountain Road, about 1/4 mile as one drives down 241st and down our driveway. There was a short trail that one could take from 241st to our house that shortened that distance slightly by bypassing the driveway.

    David walked down this trail, which would have taken him to 241st just above the bridge over the creek. After crossing the bridge, he would follow 241st up the hill on the other side. When the road leveled off, he had two ways to get home. He could follow 241st out to Tiger Mountain Road, then walk along Tiger Mountain Road to 240th, or he could look for a break in the trees that indicated a trail that would take him across an undeveloped lot to 240th. The land along 241st in the area of the trail was mostly cleared of trees, possibly to accommodate horses. This would require a short cross country walk through brush to reach the more heavily treed area along 240th. The trail would take him through the trees to 240th. Then he would walk along 240th to his home.

    There really wasn’t any way to get lost, and certainly not in any place where searchers would not find him, or neighborhood kids or developers would not eventually run across a body.

    To clarify some questions that were asked on another forum:

    David was seen leaving our house by myself, my brother and my father, who was watching from a kitchen window. As far as I know, there were no other witnesses. Unless my brother accompanied him down to the creek, and I don’t remember him doing so, there is no way of verifying that he even made it as far as the end of the trail down to the road near the creek. The searches started from our house, so the dogs would have been following a scent trail that originated from our house. If several of the dogs followed David’s scent to a particular neighbor’s house, it is very likely that it is because David took that route, though dogs are known to pick up scents other than the person they are searching for. The dogs were trained German Shepherd search dogs that were handled by volunteers working closely with the King County Sherriff’s department. The volunteers were all members of The German Shepherd Search Dogs of Washington State.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by sbryce View Post
    If you read news reports of the disappearance of David Adams, you will read that David was walking home from a friend’s house. That friend was my younger brother. My brother would have been the last person to see him before he disappeared. I was standing nearby saying goodbye.

    I just thought I would clarify some things. I was 9 years old that the time, and my memory may be fuzzy, but there are some things I can remember quite well. Jill and Rob have done a great job telling their stories, but not all of the details are quite right, and Jill makes reference to some things that Tru Rose got wrong.

    David was not hiking on Tiger Mountain when he disappeared. He was walking home from my family’s house, which is off of Tiger Mountain Road, so named because it runs near the base of the mountain.

    There were stories of David walking out to Tiger Mountain Road, meeting a girlfriend there, and running away. The stories were never verified, and they seem highly unlikely, especially for an 8 year old boy. Where would he have gone? How would he have traveled without being seen? How would he have supported himself? Why did no girlfriend ever speak up? No young girls in the area disappeared at the same time, so he definitely was not traveling with a local girlfriend.

    David could not have drowned in 15 mile creek and his body washed away. As Jill pointed out, the water was less than a foot deep. Even during the spring runoff there was not enough current to wash a body away. The bridge David crossed to get home was wide enough to accommodate a truck, so it is doubtful that he would have fallen off. The only traffic that crossed the bridge was my family, or visitors, and neither was using the road at that time, so there was no reason for him not to walk right down the center of the bridge. If he had fallen into the creek, his body would have been found. The creek was a very popular place for neighborhood kids to play.

    If a body could have washed down the creek, it would have passed through several back yards, into Issaquah Creek, and through the downtown area. Assuming it could have made it past the salmon hatchery, where the water is diverted into the ponds, it would have eventually wound up in Lake Sammamish, where it would have been found, had it not been found long before it got that far.

    My brother and I explored every square inch of the forest while we lived there. There was no quicksand anywhere. Some of the area near the creek was marshy, but those areas were not on his route home, and had he gotten lost there, the search dogs would have found him. We never found any coal mine shafts in the area. There was an old well near the Adams’s house, but had he fallen in, he would have been found. It was David’s older brother who showed me where the well was.

    Our house was not within sight of the Adams’s house. David would need to walk almost 1/4 to get home. Most of that is along roads, and the rest cross country for a short distance and along two short trails. Or he could have taken a slightly longer route that would be almost entirely road walking. He did take the first short trail that bypassed our driveway and took him to the road down near the creek. News reports say that my brother walked with him down to the bridge, but I don’t remember seeing him go farther than the start of the first trail.

    If David had lost his way or gotten hurt in the forest, he would have been found. The only difficult part of the route was finding the second trail that would take him from our road to his. Had he found the trail, someone in my family would have found him within a day or two, as we used it all the time on our way to and from the school bus stop. If he had missed the trail, he would have wound up in someone’s back yard. He would not have been found by hikers. The area where he got lost was privately owned lots. He would have been found by the search dogs, or by a neighborhood kid playing in the woods.

    Just to give you a mental picture: Tiger Mountain Road runs roughly east/west. 240th (the road that the Adams’s lived on) runs north off of Tiger mountain road. I believe the Adams’s house was the third house from the corner. My family lived on 241st, which was a private dirt road also running north off of Tiger Mountain Road. There were three families living along 241st. (Maybe two. I don’t remember if the third house had been built yet.) Our house was the farthest from Tiger Mountain Road, about 1/4 mile as one drives down 241st and down our driveway. There was a short trail that one could take from 241st to our house that shortened that distance slightly by bypassing the driveway.

    David walked down this trail, which would have taken him to 241st just above the bridge over the creek. After crossing the bridge, he would follow 241st up the hill on the other side. When the road leveled off, he had two ways to get home. He could follow 241st out to Tiger Mountain Road, then walk along Tiger Mountain Road to 240th, or he could look for a break in the trees that indicated a trail that would take him across an undeveloped lot to 240th. The land along 241st in the area of the trail was mostly cleared of trees, possibly to accommodate horses. This would require a short cross country walk through brush to reach the more heavily treed area along 240th. The trail would take him through the trees to 240th. Then he would walk along 240th to his home.

    There really wasn’t any way to get lost, and certainly not in any place where searchers would not find him, or neighborhood kids or developers would not eventually run across a body.

    To clarify some questions that were asked on another forum:

    David was seen leaving our house by myself, my brother and my father, who was watching from a kitchen window. As far as I know, there were no other witnesses. Unless my brother accompanied him down to the creek, and I don’t remember him doing so, there is no way of verifying that he even made it as far as the end of the trail down to the road near the creek. The searches started from our house, so the dogs would have been following a scent trail that originated from our house. If several of the dogs followed David’s scent to a particular neighbor’s house, it is very likely that it is because David took that route, though dogs are known to pick up scents other than the person they are searching for. The dogs were trained German Shepherd search dogs that were handled by volunteers working closely with the King County Sherriff’s department. The volunteers were all members of The German Shepherd Search Dogs of Washington State.


    Thank you for joining and adding what you remember. Really helps lay things out. What is the area like now? Do you still live there? (I will get on google maps when I can)
    What do you think happened to David? It does seem very unlikely that he ran away with a gf.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel85 View Post
    47 Years . Still unsolved


    Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    49 Years, and 3 months ago, this little boy disappeared off of the face of our Earth.

    It truly saddens me that LE could never find him.
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

    We Are All One Human Race!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2
    I no longer live there. Google maps shows a lot more houses along 241st, but still heavily forested. Areas that had been cleared for horses have filled in.

    My best guess is that David was abducted. Otherwise he or his body would have been found. A lot of kids played in the woods in that area or followed trails to and from each others houses. A lot of that area has since been developed. If local kids didn't find a body, developers would have. He had to have been taken out of the area by somebody.

    As I am remembering things better, I remember a few details that I got wrong, though they don't have any real bearing on what happened. The building I labeled Our House on my map had not been built yet. We were living in a smaller structure that was intended to become a garage that sat between that building and the end of the driveway. When we did build our house, it was the second one built on 241st, so at the time there was only one other house along the road. On the map it is the one just below where I wrote No Trail Here. The house farther up on the right had not been built yet.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    237
    That neighbor that was evasive, how come he wasn't investigated further? Specially if the dogs hit his house.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel85 View Post
    That neighbor that was evasive, how come he wasn't investigated further? Specially if the dogs hit his house.
    That confused me when I read that. Wouldn't LE investigate further if the dogs led them to that house? Wouldn't they bring in another unit to verify that finding? Maybe back then they did not obtain warrants based on tracking dogs? Why else would they just walk away, shrugging their shoulders? Confusing at a minimum.
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

    We Are All One Human Race!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased WA - David Corak, 21, Jefferson County, 12 June 1968
    By Tulessa in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2016, 09:23 AM
  2. CA Duchess Savanah Adams (10) & Tina Victoria Adams (11) - Lancaster CA, 2012
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2014, 10:56 PM
  3. WA David William Adams (8) - Issaquah WA, 1968
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 06:22 PM

Tags for this Thread