Is the Prosecution brokering a deal with D. Casey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bittiness39

Reaction score
The State cancelled D. Casey's depo on December 16th.

Why? To accommodate Baez? To secure a deal?

And if a deal has been offered to D. Casey, what would be the specifics of said deal?

If there is no deal why hasn't one been offered?

If one has been offered what could D. Casey have done to "need" a deal?

Happy New Year, fellow awesome sleuthers!:waitasec:

And if a deal has been offered to D. Casey, what would be the specifics of said deal?

Did they cancel it because they had to issue a subpoena for investigative inquiry, rather than do the 'voluntary' deposition?

I thought they canceled it because JB added him as a witness?

Just my own rambling mind...but was the depo cancelled before he was added? Chances are the State is not going to want to give up on talking to him. Also, I would, meaning just myself, consider him a flight risk. JMO. I am not saying he is one, rather, I would consider him to be one.

Just my own rambling mind...but was the depo cancelled before he was added? Chances are the State is not going to want to give up on talking to him. Also, I would, meaning just myself, consider him a flight risk. JMO. I am not saying he is one, rather, I would consider him to be one.

I am not sure, but this goes to show we are getting antsy. Personally, I can't wait for that trial.:crazy:

Man, that would be sweet if he knew enough or had done enough to be offered a deal that he would accept. I would have NO problem with that!

Have we seen anything official that states that DC has been added to the defense witness list (and I missed it somehow?)....

I am only recalling a comment to local media by Baez as he was leaving the courthouse that day that yes, he fully intends to add DC to the witness list...

but do we know for a FACT that this has actually happened?

(methinks Baez is scared of DC....)

We have a lot to speculate on why he might consider a deal. JB was pretty rabid about getting a "special master" even when LE was interviewing him.

If the rumor DC was told by JB not to call LE if he found her, that is one thing. But I imagine proving who he was on the phone with while Hoover was videotaping him would be interesting.

Also, if he were the original leak about Caylee's location - that would be in late July/early August of 2008 (say, he started the "daisy chain" grapevine that led to RK looking because he received a tip from someone).

If DC knew JB knew where Caylee was and the defense said nothing - how cruel to CA and GA would that have been? Even if they wanted to save KC, I can't imagine them allowing their baby granddaughter's remains to be ripped apart by wildlife and the elements just so KC wasn't inconvenienced by a murder indictment (which happened anyway).

This man has stalled every which way but loose. I can't think it would be anything but that he knows something that would blow apart the defense and it's something he violated privilege or work product confidentiality to act upon.

Dominic holds some good information and it's going to be great for the states case (all my opinion, but a very strong one). Cindy sent "her people" down to Suburban in November, her people being Dominic and JH. The only one who knew where the remains were was Casey. She ended up sharing that info and Dominic has the 411 on it all...he just needed a little "encouragement" to share this info. I believe it's all a done deal, Dominic has spoken with the state, received a deal possibly and is hiding out until he has to testify at trial. Just my opinion.

From WFTV...

"When the detectives left with Hoover's ten-minute video of the scene from November, they seemed encouraged."

"Can you tell me whether this helps you move forward in the case?" WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked Sgt. John Allen.

"Very helpful," he said.

John A. knew what he had, a direct link from Casey to Caylee's remains.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18432677/detail.html

Interesting food for thought! I have always believed that DC held the key to connecting KC to Caylee's remains. I never believed for one second that he was talking to anyone on the phone but a member of the Anthony family when he searched for the remains. IMO, he has been tight-lipped because he could incriminate himself. I think it's highly possible the State made a deal with him and he will testify against KC.

Did they cancel it because they had to issue a subpoena for investigative inquiry, rather than do the 'voluntary' deposition?
Yes, there was discussion of just that. Still doesn't explain why this depo hasn't been rescheduled (don't know if there is a certain order to this). I have thought and hoped that the State and DC were brokering a deal.

Yes, there was discussion of just that. Still doesn't explain why this depo hasn't been rescheduled (don't know if there is a certain order to this). I have thought and hoped that the State and DC were brokering a deal.

I think some of the legal eagles explained something about the subpoena being something we may not see immediately? IOW, I am not sure we will see it scheduled like the depos, rather it will be released like AD's subpoena'ed interview was...but then, there was more discussion about whether his statement under subpoena could be relased or not, so I'd better go back and read up before I get more confoosed.

Something is just wrong here. Smells a little funky to me. I still maintain that imho a deal has been sought but just not publicized....but frankly I cannot understand the need for being all secret about it IF a deal has been made. What would be the strategy there in not putting out the message that a deal is "maybe" out there? Also, I have not one littlebitty proof of anything.

Something is just wrong here. Smells a little funky to me. I still maintain that imho a deal has been sought but just not publicized....but frankly I cannot understand the need for being all secret about it IF a deal has been made. What would be the strategy there in not putting out the message that a deal is "maybe" out there? Also, I have not one littlebitty proof of anything.

I am not in disagreement with you, because of one thing in particular-The break in the recorded session of LE's interview with DC.

He may have told them something very important there, something that he has been avoiding since. Maybe something that would make him look like a turncoat to the A's and JB...but at the same time, having spoken this something to LE, they were able to make him feel comforted in the notion that they (LE) would look out for DC in the end. He felt relieved in their presence to tell them this story off the record.

He could have told them nothing and asked for an attorney during that break, but I don't think so....BC was there and seemed to want this information himself, and DC was poised to tell them the whole story, but was dragging his feet-LE asked if he would prefer it off the record, IIRC, and so they turned off the recorder.

So I am thinking he shared something that day, and like GA and his statements, it actually allies him with LE and the SA at the end of the day.

I am not in disagreement with you, because of one thing in particular-The break in the recorded session of LE's interview with DC.

He may have told them something very important there, something that he has been avoiding since. Maybe something that would make him look like a turncoat to the A's and JB...but at the same time, having spoken this something to LE, they were able to make him feel comforted in the notion that they (LE) would look out for DC in the end. He felt relieved in their presence to tell them this story off the record.

He could have told them nothing and asked for an attorney during that break, but I don't think so....BC was there and seemed to want this information himself, and DC was poised to tell them the whole story, but was dragging his feet-LE asked if he would prefer it off the record, IIRC, and so they turned off the recorder.

So I am thinking he shared something that day, and like GA and his statements, it actually allies him with LE and the SA at the end of the day.

Not in disagreement with you either. It is just that if I were interested in information that D. Casey could provide me, and if, well say I might be concerned that he might run...I would try to secure a deal. JMO. I have no proof of anything.

I was under the impression the State is filing an Investigative Subpoena. IF DC is NOT on the defense witness list JB et al would not be able to attend the deposition unless invited by the prosecution. Therefore, DC needs to be added by JB, for the defense to have a right to be present during his deposition without being "invited" by the prosecution. We need to factor in the holidays etc. I'm sure we'll be seeing the filing and JB adding him the witness list any day. JMO.

I was under the impression the State is filing an Investigative Subpoena. IF DC is NOT on the defense witness list JB et al would not be able to attend the deposition unless invited by the prosecution. Therefore, DC needs to be added by JB, for the defense to have a right to be present during his deposition without being "invited" by the prosecution. We need to factor in the holidays etc. I'm sure we'll be seeing the filing and JB adding him the witness list any day. JMO.
This is what I remember from the very last hearing. The State would file an Investigative Subpoena. I wonder if JB did the necessary steps to ensure he would be able to attend the deposition. I thought the judge said the prosecution could save that original date and just file the Invest.Subpoena and carry on as originally planned.

This is what I remember from the very last hearing. The State would file an Investigative Subpoena. I wonder if JB did the necessary steps to ensure he would be able to attend the deposition. I thought the judge said the prosecution could save that original date and just file the Invest.Subpoena and carry on as originally planned.

I'll have to backtrack. I'm pretty sure they had to file the IS and get a new date.

IIRC, JS said that the state could file an investigative subpoena, but if JB wanted to be able to attend, he could simply put DC on the witness list. JS said at the hearing that the date could remain the same and LDB could file for an investigative subpoena; keep the date change the name.

However, we later heard the state was the one that cancelled his depo on Dec. 16. As far as I know, we don't know why. Whether it was to accommodate JB because he put DC on the witness list and wants to be there, or because the state is in negotiations with his attorney is up for grabs. I'd think LDB doesn't necessarily need to probe into any privileged info from JB and DC; it would be enough to simply verify that his psychic story is bogus and whomever he was speaking with on the phone was someone of interest. She can uncover just as much by eliminating scenarios as she can by being able to ask questions covered by confidentiality. If he tries to b.s. on this one, they can nail him for perjury, oui? This is where it all comes together, imo. I'll bet it has to do with what he told LE off the record.

Yes JS said, if you would like to utlize the date and time previously scheduled you can..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow