AK AK - Anchorage, WhtMale 439UMAK, 25-40, naked, fell from flagpole, Aug'89

Snufamonbobball

But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sou
Reaction score

Attachments

• 439UMAK.jpg
    439UMAK.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 402
Lopez appears to have more distance between his lip & chin & the nose turns differently, but the picture of the unknown person is a reconstruction & details could easily have been skewed. Some artists are better than others. I think the straight (not much arch) eyebrows are very much alike.

The other info is certainly close enough to submit...... got my fingers crossed Snuffy, you're on a roll!

Aside from not knowing how he would have gotten to AK, seems very possible.
And the distance isn't that big a deal, since if these people were where they were supposed to be, we wouldn't be looking, would we?

I'd say go for it....looks good.

I did submit Mr. Lopez to his NamUs case manager, she emailed me back today and said she has contacted Alaska and Portland. She'll let me know when she hears back.

In the mean time, keep Gordon in mind while you float around in cyberspace.
Snuf

I did submit Mr. Lopez to his NamUs case manager, she emailed me back today and said she has contacted Alaska and Portland. She'll let me know when she hears back.

In the mean time, keep Gordon in mind while you float around in cyberspace.
Snuf

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait till she lets you know something. Either way, Impressive work and good job! :bowdown: :bowdown:

I got an email from a Portland detective saying he can't comment on Gordon because it's an open investigation and he can't comment on the Alaska guy because it's not his case.

There wasn't any confidentiality clause in his email (often there is), so I figured I'd update.

I have no clue if Gordon has been ruled out, but it's nice that he took the time to respond quickly (or at all) though, so everyone please keep Gordon in mind and the guy from Alaska too.

Thanks!
Snuf

Just throwing another IUD out there, too. Sorry, couldn't post link...

The Doe Network:
Case File 235UMNF

Trying to attach pic...

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    55.1 KB · Views: 182
How about Steven Lee Harbaugh?

The reconstruction picture somewhat resembles Harbaugh. There seems to be about a 2-3 inch discrepency between the two (however, the Doe estimation could be off, sometimes is). The ages match and Harbaugh disappeared under unclear circumstances. The Doe committed suicide about a year later.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/439umak.html

Harbaugh's Charley Project page

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/harbaugh_steven.html

The location and resemblance is great but Harbaugh went missing in 1998 and the UID was discovered in 1989.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/439umak.html

The victim was discovered on August 23, 1989 in Anchorage, Alaska.
Cause of Death: Suicide

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: DOB is between 1949 and 1964

Approximate Height and Weight: 6'2" - 6'4"; 180 - 185 lbs.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Blue or hazel eyes; curly brown hair with full beard and mustache. No tattoos and no scars.

Dentals: Available

Clothing: Not found

Other: Fingerprints available

Case History

The victim committed suicide on August 23, 1989 in Alaska.

A police officer was stopped by a citizen who told him about a man running down the road with no clothes on. As he responded and arrived in the area of the McDonald's Restaurant on Mt. View Drive, he saw the man running through the parking lot, then climb up the center flagpole at the restaurant. The man climbed up all the way to the top and looked as if he was surveying the area.

The officer called up to him, but did not get a response. The man then let go and fell to the ground. The police were never able to find his clothing or figure out where he came from. Fingerprints were sent out to all states, FBI and Canada with negative results.

He may have come from another country and jumped ship near Anchorage.
The autopsy showed no drugs were found in his system.

I've taken a vested interest in getting this guy identified..

Boy, I read that wrong. Darn discalcula. I read it as gone missing in '88, not '98..

Sorry about that guys!

Hi, fellow sufferer...I've screwed up dates on here so often I'm starting to not even be embarrassed about it. Also heights. Argh!

There's a thread in here for a guy who committed suicide by throwing himself in front of a train in Canada. He was a similar description and some of the candidates there might also be candidates for this poor man.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back