1027 users online (198 members and 829 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

Please continue here...

Victim Description
    EYES: Blue
    HAIR: Blonde
    HEIGHT: 5'6"
    WEIGHT: 120 lbs
    John Paul Jones Arena
    Charlottesville, VA

Contact Information
    Tip Line: (434) 352-3467
    State Police E-Mail:
    bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov
    General: info@findmorgan.com

REWARD: $150,000

The Harrington family is offering a $100,000 reward for the safe return of their daughter, Morgan Harrington, or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Morgan Harrington's disappearance.
    In addition, the band Metallica is offering an additional $50,000 to the reward bringing it to $150,000 for Morgan's safe return or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Morgan's disappearance.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Thank you for starting the new thread!

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

**crickets**

This thread is on page two

Bumping for Morgan!

Two outstanding issues from #9:

Does anyone have a link to a witness description of the group who returned to MH's car that night?

Also, to clarify certain matters, the investigation (so far as we know) seems to have dwelt on MH's former middle school clique ("The Nine"), but more attention should be paid to groups that she socialized with more recently, around JMU possibly, VTech, the church, and any other groups she was involved with. If she was involved in a relationship with some guy surely she would have mentioned his name to someone.

LE stated the friends that were there with Morgan that night are cleared.
    Granted, we could expect more emotion out of them and they made mistakes that friends shouldn't make (such as leaving Morgan outside and Snead's lack of emotion).
    Yet, i'm sure they were the first that LE looked at and now they are cleared.

IMO, i think it's possible an acquaitance of Morgan's friends is involved, unless it's a random charmer who got her to trust him.
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    LE stated the friends that were there with Morgan that night are cleared.
    Granted, we could expect more emotion out of them and they made mistakes that friends shouldn't make (such as leaving Morgan outside and Snead's lack of emotion).
    Yet, i'm sure they were the first that LE looked at and now they are cleared.

IMO, i think it's possible an acquaitance of Morgan's friends is involved, unless it's a random charmer who got her to trust him.
    A friend, acquaintance, or a family member of a friend or acquaintance.

Just to clarify, after the concert Sarah, Amy and Dan rode back to JMU in Morgan's. (Car)

Dr. Dan Harrington posted today on www.findmorgan.com
    [/I]

There has been quite a bit of outrageous discussion on this forum regarding a comment that Sarah Sneed made about four drove up and two rode back. This comment has been interpreted in all sorts of ways as meaning that one of the people, i.e. Sarah, Amy or Dan stayed behind that night. Such was never the case. The only thing Sarah is guilty of was being nervous when this comment was made to the press. She was not trying to hide anything or talking in riddles. All along she was referring to the girls as it relates to the number that came back. She was not including Dan the driver in the comment about the number who came back. Today, Dr. Harrington posted this comment on the family forum on page number 17 of the “Hitchhiking and Picked Up thread”. The family wants to make certain everyone understands the actual facts as to what occurred that night as it relates to the return trip to JMU.

Go here to access the page and the comment.

http://www.findmorgan.com/forum/show...t=1726&page=17
    Last edited by Ghostmaster; 01-04-2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

http://www.examiner.com/x-30376-Priv...-disappearance

"This volunteer group is now focusing on two items that belonged to Morgan that have not been recovered. The first is a red Kodak V530 digital camera and the other is a silver and crystal Swarovski necklace. These items could hold the key to finding Morgan’s current whereabouts and any information pertaining to these items can be made anonymously. "

New article about the digital camera and Morgan's necklace that are still missing. The reporter is right, that if these two items can be traced, and eventually they will have to turn up somewhere, hopefully it will be more pieces to this puzzle.

It's great to see an example photo of what the digital camera looks like, this should help people identify it if they come across one a great deal.

IMO, it's entirely possible that 2 different individuals are in possession of each of these items.
    If by chance the camera was ditched with the purse and someone took the camera (can't trace a camera, yet you can trace a cell phone or CC's) so maybe a camera would be a thief's item of preference opposed traceable items.
    and/or
    the perp who has Morgan has the necklace and possibly also the camera.

-J. Edgar Hoover

My question would be, was the camera something that Morgan always carried with her, was it special? was it a new gift? did she love photography a lot or taking pictures that on a night like that night, she may have had the camera on her (via wrist strap) the whole time?

Some people who love photography always have a camera on them at all times, some leave one in their car at all times. I guess it's just never knowing when you will find a "photographic" moment. There was a spell when i carried my camera with me in my bag everywhere.

-J. Edgar Hoover

Is it too much to hope for that the camera is found and has a photo that's a clue somehow?

JMO>>>

I hate to say it but I don't hold much "hope" for these clues or for anything in this case, which I feel has been mismanaged from the start....by LE, maybe by the famiily, friends or whatever

what are they going to do...give a clue every 6 weeks??

why didn't they have pics of the necklace and camera right from the start??

as for "Outrageous discussion"..well maybe it is because this case was outrageously misreported from the start?? I don't know why but the information that has been given is confusing to say the least

Camera and necklace/? Not worth killing for ...I don't think anyone thinks that she was kidnapped for those items...

most likely the "perp" has destroyed them, gotten rid of them

or if they are found (slim chance)....they won't really prove anything

this truly seems like a "spur of the moment"...semi-stranger/daterape turned to murder type situation

I feel very sad for Morgan...I feel that most likely there was no way to find her alive
    but this could have been handled so much better, to find her, to give her family closure

I hate to be so negative but I get that "vibe" from the way this is handled...I can just imagine that a month or two from now LE in VIR will have a new press release "be on the lookout for this ring that Morgan was wearing"...or "keep your eyes open for this laptop that Morgan was carrying"

JMO>> I will say it again...the time to have these reports out was right from the beginning...when this was getting airplay

Not to mention that the press they are getting is in Indianapolis, not locally!

Quote Originally Posted by wadahoot View Post
    Not to mention that the press they are getting is in Indianapolis, not locally!
    Excellent point ...and one that many people will fail to fully understand

Yes, people who frequent this and similar forums may be interested, but often little we can do unless it is truly "local" to us...

the real "media" needed IMHO is local...and immediate

some states do a great job...some don't

Morgan has gotten much more attention than other cases but I am not sure how much good it is doing??

I think a huge media blitz when this first happened, letting people know back then about the red camera, the necklace might have helped some

to put these details out now is not going to help much IMHO

Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast