Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

arielilane

Justice for Liz Barraza
Reaction score
Website
www.whokilledlizbarraza.com
Please continue here...

Victim Description
EYES: Blue
HAIR: Blonde
HEIGHT: 5'6"
WEIGHT: 120 lbs
John Paul Jones Arena
Charlottesville, VA
morgan-harrington-missing-252x300.png

Contact Information
Tip Line: (434) 352-3467
State Police E-Mail:
bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov
General: info@findmorgan.com

REWARD: $150,000

The Harrington family is offering a $100,000 reward for the safe return of their daughter, Morgan Harrington, or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Morgan Harrington's disappearance.
In addition, the band Metallica is offering an additional $50,000 to the reward bringing it to $150,000 for Morgan's safe return or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Morgan's disappearance.​

This thread is on page two :(

Bumping for Morgan!

Two outstanding issues from #9:

Does anyone have a link to a witness description of the group who returned to MH's car that night?

Also, to clarify certain matters, the investigation (so far as we know) seems to have dwelt on MH's former middle school clique ("The Nine"), but more attention should be paid to groups that she socialized with more recently, around JMU possibly, VTech, the church, and any other groups she was involved with. If she was involved in a relationship with some guy surely she would have mentioned his name to someone.

LE stated the friends that were there with Morgan that night are cleared.
Granted, we could expect more emotion out of them and they made mistakes that friends shouldn't make (such as leaving Morgan outside and Snead's lack of emotion).
Yet, i'm sure they were the first that LE looked at and now they are cleared.

IMO, i think it's possible an acquaitance of Morgan's friends is involved, unless it's a random charmer who got her to trust him.

LE stated the friends that were there with Morgan that night are cleared.
Granted, we could expect more emotion out of them and they made mistakes that friends shouldn't make (such as leaving Morgan outside and Snead's lack of emotion).
Yet, i'm sure they were the first that LE looked at and now they are cleared.

IMO, i think it's possible an acquaitance of Morgan's friends is involved, unless it's a random charmer who got her to trust him.

A friend, acquaintance, or a family member of a friend or acquaintance.

Just to clarify, after the concert Sarah, Amy and Dan rode back to JMU in Morgan's. (Car)

Dr. Dan Harrington posted today on www.findmorgan.com
[/I]

There has been quite a bit of outrageous discussion on this forum regarding a comment that Sarah Sneed made about four drove up and two rode back. This comment has been interpreted in all sorts of ways as meaning that one of the people, i.e. Sarah, Amy or Dan stayed behind that night. Such was never the case. The only thing Sarah is guilty of was being nervous when this comment was made to the press. She was not trying to hide anything or talking in riddles. All along she was referring to the girls as it relates to the number that came back. She was not including Dan the driver in the comment about the number who came back. Today, Dr. Harrington posted this comment on the family forum on page number 17 of the “Hitchhiking and Picked Up thread”. The family wants to make certain everyone understands the actual facts as to what occurred that night as it relates to the return trip to JMU.

Go here to access the page and the comment.

http://www.findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1726&page=17

http://www.examiner.com/x-30376-Pri...Morgan-Harrington-sought-in-her-disappearance

"This volunteer group is now focusing on two items that belonged to Morgan that have not been recovered. The first is a red Kodak V530 digital camera and the other is a silver and crystal Swarovski necklace. These items could hold the key to finding Morgan’s current whereabouts and any information pertaining to these items can be made anonymously. "

New article about the digital camera and Morgan's necklace that are still missing. The reporter is right, that if these two items can be traced, and eventually they will have to turn up somewhere, hopefully it will be more pieces to this puzzle.

It's great to see an example photo of what the digital camera looks like, this should help people identify it if they come across one a great deal.

IMO, it's entirely possible that 2 different individuals are in possession of each of these items.
If by chance the camera was ditched with the purse and someone took the camera (can't trace a camera, yet you can trace a cell phone or CC's) so maybe a camera would be a thief's item of preference opposed traceable items.
and/or
the perp who has Morgan has the necklace and possibly also the camera.

My question would be, was the camera something that Morgan always carried with her, was it special? was it a new gift? did she love photography a lot or taking pictures that on a night like that night, she may have had the camera on her (via wrist strap) the whole time?

Some people who love photography always have a camera on them at all times, some leave one in their car at all times. I guess it's just never knowing when you will find a "photographic" moment. There was a spell when i carried my camera with me in my bag everywhere.

Is it too much to hope for that the camera is found and has a photo that's a clue somehow?

JMO>>>

I hate to say it but I don't hold much "hope" for these clues or for anything in this case, which I feel has been mismanaged from the start....by LE, maybe by the famiily, friends or whatever

what are they going to do...give a clue every 6 weeks??

why didn't they have pics of the necklace and camera right from the start??

as for "Outrageous discussion"..well maybe it is because this case was outrageously misreported from the start?? I don't know why but the information that has been given is confusing to say the least

Camera and necklace/? Not worth killing for ...I don't think anyone thinks that she was kidnapped for those items...

most likely the "perp" has destroyed them, gotten rid of them

or if they are found (slim chance)....they won't really prove anything

this truly seems like a "spur of the moment"...semi-stranger/daterape turned to murder type situation

I feel very sad for Morgan...I feel that most likely there was no way to find her alive
but this could have been handled so much better, to find her, to give her family closure

I hate to be so negative but I get that "vibe" from the way this is handled...I can just imagine that a month or two from now LE in VIR will have a new press release "be on the lookout for this ring that Morgan was wearing"...or "keep your eyes open for this laptop that Morgan was carrying"

JMO>> I will say it again...the time to have these reports out was right from the beginning...when this was getting airplay

Not to mention that the press they are getting is in Indianapolis, not locally!

Not to mention that the press they are getting is in Indianapolis, not locally!

Excellent point ...and one that many people will fail to fully understand

Yes, people who frequent this and similar forums may be interested, but often little we can do unless it is truly "local" to us...

the real "media" needed IMHO is local...and immediate

some states do a great job...some don't

Morgan has gotten much more attention than other cases but I am not sure how much good it is doing??

I think a huge media blitz when this first happened, letting people know back then about the red camera, the necklace might have helped some

to put these details out now is not going to help much IMHO

Just to clarify, after the concert Sarah, Amy and Dan rode back to JMU in Morgan's. (Car)

Dr. Dan Harrington posted today on www.findmorgan.com
[/I]

There has been quite a bit of outrageous discussion on this forum regarding a comment that Sarah Sneed made about four drove up and two rode back.

SS actually claimed that three drove to C'Ville that night & two returned to Harrisonburg. Here is the quote:

Link:
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state...ch_effort_for_morgan_harrington_begins/60473/

Quote from the above link:
Quote:
From Scott Leamon, in the field
WSLS Reporter
sleamon@wsls.com

I talked with two Roanoke area people who came up to help with the search.

Roanoke County Police Sergeant Jim Herrick told me he took the day off from work to come up to search. Herrick says his daughter is one of Morgan Harrington’s nine close friends from Northside High School.

I also spoke with current JMU student, Northside High School graduate, and close friend of Morgan Harrington, Sarah Snead. Snead told me she was one of the three people in Morgan’s car on the way to the Metallica concert, and one of the two people in the car on the way back from the concert to JMU. Snead talked about Morgan’s phone call from outside John Paul Jones Arena the night of the concert, as well as how Dan and Gil Harrington have been “pillars of support” for her since Morgan disappeared.(end of quote)

Seems strange to me that DH would make an error regarding SS's public statement to WSLS; although he and his family must be suffering terribly from the strain of this situation. They need to get a really good private investigator to examine all the facts with detachment & objectivity.

This comment has been interpreted in all sorts of ways as meaning that one of the people, i.e. Sarah, Amy or Dan stayed behind that night.

Or that one of them got a ride separately, which would not have been unusual or suspicious in any way.

Such was never the case. The only thing Sarah is guilty of was being nervous when this comment was made to the press.

Yes, SS may have been confused or nervous. Given the horrible circumstances, WSLS would have been willing to add a correction or a clarification to her November 6th statement to reporter Scott Leamon.

She was not trying to hide anything or talking in riddles.

SS's statement did not clarify who exactly traveled with MH's party to C'ville that night & who exactly returned.

How exactly would DH know whether the group were hiding something? They were certainly less than forthright in volunteering any info regarding the whereabouts of the car during the relevant time period.

BTW: We Americans seem to have a taboo against suspicion, which sets us up to be victims of serious crimes.

All along she was referring to the girls as it relates to the number that came back. She was not including Dan the driver in the comment about the number who came back. Today, Dr. Harrington posted this comment on the family forum on page number 17 of the “Hitchhiking and Picked Up thread”. The family wants to make certain everyone understands the actual facts as to what occurred that night as it relates to the return trip to JMU.

Clearing these details up will be helpful. The more actual facts are presented, the more the public may be able to help. A more detailed timeline including MH's activities previous to the concert in Harrisonburg might also be helpful. Still, we don't know her educational history (JMU?) or if she were involved in any particular social groups or events.

Thank you. Interesting comments.

Dan Harrington’s summary:

At noon on October 17, 2009 Morgan and her roommate, Amy, left Roanoke in her 2006 Honda to travel 90 minutes north on I-81 to James Madison University (JMU). At JMU, Morgan and Amy met up with Sarah and Dan (a friend’s BF) to travel 60 minutes east to Charlottesville, Va. Dan was the designated driver of Morgan’s vehicle. The group arrived in Charlottesville at 6:00 pm where they were to attend the Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena.

Sarah did indeed say there were three, but again, she was referencing the girls only. There were four in Morgan’s car on the way up and the same group returned to JMU that night without Morgan..

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...organ-Harrington-missing-young-Virginia-woman

Yes, SS may have been nervous during that interview...she may have been meaning 'girls only'...

But sorry...IMO something is hinky with that whole thing. If SS was making reference to just the girls then why didn't she say, "I was 2 of 3 girls on the way and 1 of 2 on the way back and we had our driver Dan."

1 of 2 things: either distancing themselves from Dan OR lying by omission about Dan/mystery guy/bf of a friend...to help cover up the fact about MH's car being driven to the concert - since DH thought/assumed/was led to believe (possibly by MH) that MH's car stayed at JMU.

'Dan' isn't even brought out in the beginning of this...how long did it take to find out about him? Then when it broke that there was a young man with the 3 girls his name was kept out of the media for quite some time. Then it was 'leaked' his name was Dan...but still no last name given. Don't know exactly where Dan lives, where he goes to school, or does he. Exactly who he is the bf of? Sarah & Amy have been put out there with identifying info...why not Dan?

Both LE *and* the family of the victim (Morgan) have made it very clear that they don't want to drag the friends or Dan into this investigation. They have likely looked into him just as much as they looked into the friends, and I'm willing to accept that and let this drop as it seems Mr. Harrington is requesting. I think his hope is that people do not waste time with unnecessary details when the people involved have already been cleared. JMO.

Both LE *and* the family of the victim (Morgan) have made it very clear that they don't want to drag the friends or Dan into this investigation. They have likely looked into him just as much as they looked into the friends, and I'm willing to accept that and let this drop as it seems Mr. Harrington is requesting. I think his hope is that people do not waste time with unnecessary details when the people involved have already been cleared. JMO.

I believe key player named D to have the last name C, and be a student one year behind MH, at JMU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123