2010.01.04 Baez and Baden on In Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Baez and Baden on In Session right now. This is the first we've heard of them since the judge's recent rulings![ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLX3WOrEiIY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I have been waiting to hear from them to see what spin they put on the rulings. Also, we haven't seen much of Linda lately, right?

E mails coming in with differing views about if she should get the dp.

They are on the phone, not in person.

Baez:
"There are very compelling reasons for the 30 days issues, it is going to be laid out in trial."

Badden:

"My job is to advise what the scientific evidence does prove, or doesn't prove and what evidence may be phony."

"The state of Florida is trying to kill Miss Anthony".
"We believe it is in her best interest to wait until we are in trial to address this."

Host asks if Baez is preparing for the dp part of the trial

Baez:
"We are not going to be caught in a position where we are not prepared for mitigation. " Lyons is working diligently on the history of Casey and we are working on that tooth and nail.

Host asks about Zanny the nanny.

Baez dodges, not to be tried in media....yada, yada, yada

host: attorney/client recordings

Baez: "I reported to the jail very early on that we have heard clicking sounds from the intercom".
I totally believe this is an infringement on her right to counsel."

Badden re timeline:

" We have to deal with the time line and our clients behavior, it is going to be an issue."

host: Will your client testify?

laughter from Baez and Badden.

host: I know you cannot answer that and we are out of time.

Please leave the posts open for The World According to report what is going on and hold the discussion and commentary until after the show notes are over.

Don't they get paid by the tv stations for their "media blitzes"? Maybe this is the only way to fund the defense. Each time they run out of money they just do another media blitz until the cash runs out? (Just wondering out loud)

TWA - Thanks for finding the right spot for this. I almost hurled my cookies when JB said compelling reasons once again............

And he keeps saying trial strategy as a reason to not discuss what he won't answer, and then saying that he won't try it in the media...........but he is live on the phone on TV now and he talks (tries the case, selectively) when it is convenient for him. Oh ironies of ironies!

That's all folks, two seconds and they said nothing. What can they say?

The only thing telling that we already knew was that Badden said some of the scientific evidence was phony. Their favorite words are "junk science", but as our very own Richard Hornsby pointed out the good people of the jury don't need an air sample, Mr. Anthony detailing he knew what that smell was will carry the day.

Thanks for the run-down TWA. I missed the segment but it sound like it was same old, same old spin. I just have to say this "compelling reason" will never manifest...there is no compelling reason. I think at this point if JB doesn't produce a "compelling reason" at trial he should be sent to jail for using the media to defraud the public...:crazy: if there isn't a charge for that then let's make one up.

Thanks for the run-down TWA. I missed the segment but it sound like it was same old, same old spin. I just have to say this "compelling reason" will never manifest...there is no compelling reason. I think at this point if JB doesn't produce a "compelling reason" at trial he should be sent to jail for using the media to defraud the public...:crazy: if there isn't a charge for that then let's make one up.

Exactly why I almost tossed my cookies! How about we start a petition to charge him with fraud and obstruction of justice! LOL Oh, if only there were laws to cover this hot air law.........

:banghead::banghead:

I am currently watching InSessions regarding Casey's case and it appears as though InSessions is discussing the biggest cases and trials for 2010. So far I have only seen snippets of previous interviews with Baez and Baden as well as snippets of interviews, court room, and media coverage.

I am in "Start Over" mode on my DVR so I am watching it from the beginning. If there is a "live" conversation with Baden and Baez, I will record it and upload it.

I don't get it . . . what is the point of these media blitz's? To keep the case front and center so he has time on stage? If not fame or $ then why would he do these shows? He never says anything of value for his client - so again what was his point?

I have been waiting to hear from them to see what spin they put on the rulings. Also, we haven't seen much of Linda lately, right?

Baez:
"There are very compelling reasons for the 30 days issues, it is going to be laid out in trial."

Badden:

"My job is to advise what the scientific evidence does prove, or doesn't prove and what evidence may be phony."

"We believe it is in her best interest to wait until we are in trial to address this."

"What evidence may be phony"....is this the start of the "tampering with evidence" or "lab processing error/contamination" or the "compromised crime site"....here it comes.

I STILL think the fact that they had KC's sworn statement, admitted into evidence/filed with the court not that long ago, about her NOT calling the police during those "31 DAYS", is gonna be used by the defense in the trial.
The reason for her not calling to report Caylee missing due to the "script" and the threat of harm to Caylee "supposedly" in this "script" if she called before 30 days.....they're gonna throw CA under the bus for calling and the media for reporting it....defense is gonna say THAT is the reason Caylee was murdered. THAT is the reason KC said "just one more day" before CA called LE.........IMO

ETA : Can't wait for the end of the month to "see" the defense's "evidence".....LOL

Baez:

Badden:

I think this would be a great thread topic..
What compelling reason could the defense give that actually makes any sense compared to the discovery we have seen? I cannot think of anything..
Seems if they try to say one thing, we could find a hundred other things to undermine the compelling reason...
At this point, I think that even trying to explain her behavior in those days leading up to the finding out that Caylee was "missing" will do nothing more than put more nails in her coffin..

Baez:

Badden:

BBM-Phony implies that the evidence is made-up. If evidence is unrelated, inadmissible, exculpatory, etc., then that's fine for her to thoroughly review and argue-But phony? Once again, the defense stoops to challenging the state's integrity.

pho·ny also pho·ney (fn)
adj. pho·ni·er, pho·ni·est
a. Not genuine or real; counterfeit: a phony credit card.
b. False; spurious: a phony name.
2. Not honest or truthful; deceptive: a phony excuse.
a. Insincere or hypocritical.
b. Giving a false impression of truth or authenticity; specious.
n. pl. pho·nies also pho·neys
1. Something not genuine; a fake.
a. One who is insincere or pretentious.
b. An impostor; a hypocrite.

"What evidence may be phony"....is this the start of the "tampering with evidence" or "lab processing error/contamination" or the "compromised crime site"....here it comes.
I STILL think the fact that they had KC's sworn statement, admitted into evidence/filed with the court not that long ago, about her NOT calling the police during those "31 DAYS", is gonna be used by the defense in the trial.
The reason for her not calling to report Caylee missing due to the "script" and the threat of harm to Caylee "supposedly" in this "script" if she called before 30 days.....they're gonna throw CA under the bus for calling and the media for reporting it....defense is gonna say THAT is the reason Caylee was murdered. THAT is the reason KC said "just one more day" before CA called LE.........IMO

ETA : Can't wait for the end of the month to "see" the defense's "evidence".....LOL

Sorry, just saw you wrote this after I commented the same-I totally agree with you!

The defense had better tread carefully with allegations of evidence being tampered with/planted.

Dr. Henry Lee has been accused of exactly this, at least twice (that I am aware of).
-White House Counsel Vincent Fosters suicide as well as Lana Clarkson's shooting.

The defense had better tread carefully with allegations of evidence being tampered with/planted.

Dr. Henry Lee has been accused of exactly this, at least twice (that I am aware of).
-White House Counsel Vincent Fosters suicide as well as Lana Clarkson's shooting.

I personally don't think we will be seeing any more of H.Lee anyways..
He is not going on the stand to be made into an idiot, not pro bono anyways..
There is a "compelling" reason he has not been back to inspect the evidence and IMHO that is that the evidence "is what it is"....he can't dispute what the state has...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288