NV - Stanley Cooper, 72, killed in Las Vegas courthouse shooting, 4 Jan 2010

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Two Federal Officers Shot at Federal Courthouse In Las Vegas and the gunman is being detained.

This is breaking news on FOX with nothing further.

Sorry, no link yet.

fran

All streets are closed surrounding the Federal Building.

A shoot-out occurred in lobby of the Federal Courthouse in downtown Las Vegas.

Still breaking

News is still sketchy. Two unidentified officers shot, unknown condition. The gunman was also shot and is in custody.

There was a shoot out in the lobby of the federal court building. Includes federal offices and federal courts and bankruptcy court.

Officials don't know if guy acted alone. All streets surrounding building are blocked as well as part of I15.

There's a car around the corner LE is interested in.

Good grief! There was a shot gun used and this was a federal court house building? :eek:

fran

The FBI is getting involved in the investigation. It's now being reported it wasn't Federal Marshalls that were shot, but guards that protect the building. "Federal Protective Service Officers."

I personally find this scary. My daughter goes to that Courthouse. She's checking to see if any of her co-workers are there.

fran

Just reported the gunman died.

I had heard he was shot in the head.

fran

ps............no word on condition of the officers.

FWIW, they just said on FOX that in addition to the federal offices and courthouse, this building also houses two senator's offices.

fran

I wonder what the motive was?

From what I've gathered, they now believe there are no accomplices. LE is just slowly evacuating the building, floor by floor. This is their normal procedure when this sort of thing happens. The people are being taken to a 'staging area,' I believe at a school next door. The school has also been on lock-down.

JMHO
fran

PS.............SuziQ, they said on FOX that they may not have a motive for hours.......fran

One of the federal officers has died. The second one is in 'serious condition.'
They just played a video from a cell phone of the actual shooting. There were approximately 30 shots total fired.

I believe it may have been just outside the door. You couldn't really see too much in the video. But you could hear the shots being fired. It's on youtube.
I'll go and see if I can find it.

JMHO
fran

PS..........they're getting differing witness statements. Some say it started outside going inside,.............but others say it started inside and then going outside....fran

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/22119310/detail.html

2 Killed In Vegas Courthouse Shooting

Deputy U.S. Marshal Injured

A court security officer and a gunman were killed during a shootout at the Lloyd George Federal Building in downtown Las Vegas Monday.

Authorities said a third person, a Deputy U.S. Marshal, was also injured.

....................snip..............................

Witnesses said a man wearing combat boots and fatigues was found dead in the bushes near the courthouse. Authorities did not confirm the identity of the shooter or what he was wearing.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581912,00.html?test=latestnews

Las Vegas Gunman Upset Over Social Security Benefits

A gunman upset over losing his Social Security benefits case, opened fire in the lobby of a federal building in downtown Las Vegas on Monday, killing a court officer and wounding a deputy U.S. marshal before he was shot to death.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back