737 users online (85 members and 652 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
  1. #1

    OR - Cindie Kogle, 41, Eugene, 28 Dec 2009

    Just heard about Cindie on our local news....

    Lane County sheriff’s officials say a Eugene woman who left her River Road area home last week is missing and possibly in danger.

    A passer-by on Saturday found Cindie Kogle’s red 1991 Nissan Pathfinder unoccupied on Richardson Upriver Road off Highway 126 between Walton and Mapleton, sheriff’s search and rescue coordinator John Miller said.
    <snipped>

    http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms...dec-miller.csp
    Last edited by Kimster; 01-06-2010 at 02:46 AM.

  2. #2
    She left in her car after a family fight but had not been reported missing by her family. After the sheriff's office found the car, investigators discovered no one had seen her since Dec. 28.<snipped>

    Her picture and a map are at this link: http://www.kval.com/news/local/80663287.html

  3. #3
    Her car was found in a rural area. The road is commonly used by people going from Eugene to the coast. It is very wooded. The weather hasn't been too cold since she went missing, so I'm hoping she is lost in the woods?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,871
    This doesn't have a good 'feel' to it, does it?

    It is worrisome that her vehicle was found, without her.

    I agree with you, Kimster- perhaps she got lost in the woods. But, why would she venture into the woods alone to begin with? Was her vehicle out of gas? Broken down? Flat tire?

    If there is evidence of car trouble, maybe someone came along and offered her a ride to the nearest service station. And then, maybe, she met with foul play.

    The article states she took off after a family fight. Could she have been so distraught, or so depressed after the argument that she decided to hurt/kill herself?

    Or, could she have been so angry with her family, that she wanted to make it look like she had met up with foul play?

    Have the rivers around there been searched?

    As always, too many questions..........
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  5. #5
    Her car was found near a covered bridge and there is a river below it. I've only been to it during the summer and it wasn't all that deep, but it is dark in that area from all the trees around it. Maybe she fell in there? It doesn't seem like it would be hard to find her with all the rocks in the river, but it has been raining and I don't know how that river looks this time of year.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    She left in her car after a family fight but had not been reported missing by her family. After the sheriff's office found the car, investigators discovered no one had seen her since Dec. 28.<snipped>

    Her picture and a map are at this link: http://www.kval.com/news/local/80663287.html
    She left after a family fight, but had not been reported missing by her family.

    If the highway patrol (or whomever found the car) did not come across her vehicle, would she even be reported missing today?

    Who does her family consist of, and what was the argument about, I wonder.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Her car was found near a covered bridge and there is a river below it. I've only been to it during the summer and it wasn't all that deep, but it is dark in that area from all the trees around it. Maybe she fell in there? It doesn't seem like it would be hard to find her with all the rocks in the river, but it has been raining and I don't know how that river looks this time of year.
    Yes, maybe she fell in. Maybe she jumped in? Maybe she just wants it to look like she went in.

    Maybe she was abducted.

    Have any family members made an appearance on the media, asking the public for information?
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  8. #8
    There hasn't been a thing on the news that I've seen until tonight! Makes me mad how our media just throws out something like this and nothing else! Where are the search parties? Where is the family pleading to find her?

  9. #9
    This one says search and rescue is looking for her. I'm going to look on Google for the location.

    http://kezi.com/news/local/157702

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,871
    I hope we (the public) will be given more information tomorrow. Actually, I hope she will be found before that is even necessary!
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    763
    Her son's myspace has some odd remarks from the 28th and the 2nd. She also has a hard to find myspace last logged on the 27th. I would be interested if the police searched her message log for anything strange, like stalkers. I don't know but anything would be worth a shot instead of not looking for her!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,871
    Quote Originally Posted by mayelf View Post
    Her son's myspace has some odd remarks from the 28th and the 2nd. She also has a hard to find myspace last logged on the 27th. I would be interested if the police searched her message log for anything strange, like stalkers. I don't know but anything would be worth a shot instead of not looking for her!
    Mayelf... what kind of odd remarks? I wonder if the 'family fight' was with him? (I'm just grasping at this point).
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  13. #13
    Good job, Mayelf! I couldn't find her MS!

    See if this map works...I'm not good at linking them: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&so...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

    ETA: When you play with the map, you'll see there are two places to cross the river from the main highway. I think it is the one on the west side, NOT Siuslaw Road. If it was Siuslaw Road, they would have named that in the news.
    Last edited by Kimster; 01-05-2010 at 03:45 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Good job, Mayelf! I couldn't find her MS!

    See if this map works...I'm not good at linking them: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&so...-8&sa=N&tab=wl
    Wow. That is a truly desolate area.

    That would be one of the last places I would want to break down.

    I hope they are checking her cell phone records (and pings).

    I'd like to know more about her son, too.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  15. #15

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. OR OR - Michael Lee, 16, Eugene, 26 Oct 2009
    By summer_breeze in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-04-2017, 04:51 AM
  2. OR Michael James Lee (16) - Eugene OR, 2009
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 07:53 PM
  3. GUILTY OR - Jeanette Maples, 15, dies of abuse, torture in Eugene, 9 Dec 2009
    By Missizzy in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 12:09 AM
  4. WY - Edward Eugene Harper, FBI Nabs A Top 10 Fugitive Child Molester, 2009
    By Steely Dan in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 11:57 AM