Jaycee's life before the abduction

Rustysmom

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been a longtime reader of the Websleuth forums but this is my first time posting. I've been following the Jaycee Dugard case ever since August when she was found and this case haunts and intrigues me on so many levels. I am one year older than Jaycee and grew up in the same era she did. When I look at pictures of her when she was young, I see so much that hits close to home. She wore clothes styles that I wore back then, had a loving family, and just seemed to be a sweet, happy girl until those monsters stole all of that from her.

I've read just about every article I can find about this case, but there seems to be very little info about Jaycee's world before her abduction. What I'm curious about is what were her likes and interests when she was a girl. I've come accross umpteen zillion articles that detail the Garridos' lives but I could care less about them. I'd love to know what kind of things Jaycee adored and what she enjoyed back in her happier times.

I pray for her an her family and hope they can move on and have those happy moments returned to them.

Hi everyone,

I've been a longtime reader of the Websleuth forums but this is my first time posting. I've been following the Jaycee Dugard case ever since August when she was found and this case haunts and intrigues me on so many levels. I am one year older than Jaycee and grew up in the same era she did. When I look at pictures of her when she was young, I see so much that hits close to home. She wore clothes styles that I wore back then, had a loving family, and just seemed to be a sweet, happy girl until those monsters stole all of that from her.

I've read just about every article I can find about this case, but there seems to be very little info about Jaycee's world before her abduction. What I'm curious about is what were her likes and interests when she was a girl. I've come accross umpteen zillion articles that detail the Garridos' lives but I could care less about them. I'd love to know what kind of things Jaycee adored and what she enjoyed back in her happier times.

I pray for her an her family and hope they can move on and have those happy moments returned to them.

some snippets from stuff i've read about her from that time period..
she loved animals and horses in particular. in the summer of 91 she was plannng on working on a horse ranch.
she also (from the dateline episode on her) apperently liked nintendo lol.
jaycee's mom said in a 1995 mini documentary about her 'she didnt have many friends but the ones she had she had for life'
i hope this is of some help to you :)

Oh yes! I remember her friend mentioning playing Nintendo with her on 'Dateline'. I also remember reading an article right when the story broke out that Jaycee loved playing with Barbies, and her aunt had bought her the 1991 'Happy Holidays' Barbie for Christmas shortly before she was abducted. When I read that it broke my heart because I got that same Barbie for Christmas that year :(

I remember on Dateline how her friend commented that Jaycee missed out on everything and that really made me cry. I hope that she is able to give her daughters everything that she was denied.

Oh yes! I remember her friend mentioning playing Nintendo with her on 'Dateline'. I also remember reading an article right when the story broke out that Jaycee loved playing with Barbies, and her aunt had bought her the 1991 'Happy Holidays' Barbie for Christmas shortly before she was abducted. When I read that it broke my heart because I got that same Barbie for Christmas that year :(

I remember on Dateline how her friend commented that Jaycee missed out on everything and that really made me cry. I hope that she is able to give her daughters everything that she was denied.

i wonder if her aunt gave the barbie to the 11 year old this christmas.

I have thought about JC before the abduction, she had been raised by a single mom and at first it was an adjustment for JC to have Carl in her life but by the time she was abducted she had a sister and they were a real family.
I think Carl had been her step dad for about 3 years. Maybe the horses is something she did with her
mom - she spent a lot of years being raised by a single mom.

the home videos of them at christmas 1990 show a happy tight nit family
no sign that in less then 6 months everything would be taken away from all of them.........

i wonder if her aunt gave the barbie to the 11 year old this christmas.

I think that would have been very poignant if she did. This is a wonderful opportunity to start over once again, and have Jaycee and her family give those two girls all the wonderful things in life they were denied.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back