1021 users online (212 members and 809 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,302

    Events Leading Up to Trial

    Drew Peterson's lawyer files motion to close hearing


    January 4, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The public may not learn details about the so-called hearsay evidence against Drew Peterson.
    On Monday Peterson's attorney filed a motion to close an upcoming hearing.


    More at link............


    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=7201102

    An even more detailed article here........

    http://cbs2chicago.com/local/drew.pe...2.1404571.html

    And, another article here...............

    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/b...010410.article
    Last edited by Leila; 01-05-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: to add additional links
    My posts are my opinion..........



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,218
    the motion was denied


    Peterson's attorneys took the rare step of asking a judge to seal the courtroom for a Jan. 19 hearing required under a new state law on hearsay evidence.

    Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow and an attorney representing the Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago Tribune and the Associated Press argued this morning that the hearing -- which could last more than two weeks and feature testimony from 60 people -- should be open to the public.

    "In the United States of America, we don't do that," Glasgow said of barring the public from court proceedings. "We do it out in the open."


    more here

    http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...r-charges.html
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    LOL, JB and DrewP suddenly don't want to be on TV? Not as much fun as it used to be or what?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,339
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    LOL, JB and DrewP suddenly don't want to be on TV? Not as much fun as it used to be or what?
    Only cuz they're not in control now.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,425
    I bet DP has aged considerably while incarcerated.

    I am anxious for the hearing on the 19th. I think we'll hear about the "meat" of the prosecution's case.
    Missing Persons Case Archive Albums ~ http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkycrankerson/


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,339
    Quote Originally Posted by crocus View Post
    I bet DP has aged considerably while incarcerated.

    I am anxious for the hearing on the 19th. I think we'll hear about the "meat" of the prosecution's case.
    According to Joe Hosey (local reporter), Drew has aged alot. (said this on, IIRC, last weekends Geraldo show.)

    Also, not sure if this has been posted, but Stacy's Grandpa Bob, Bob Toutges, passed away recently. He seemed like such a sweet old soul...at least he is with Stacy now.
    Last edited by mitzi; 01-16-2010 at 09:41 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,302
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    According to Joe Hosey (local reporter), Drew has aged alot. (said this on, IIRC, last weekends Geraldo show.)

    Also, not sure if this has been posted, but Stacy's Grandpa Bob, Bob Toutges, passed away recently. He seemed like such a sweet old soul...at least he is with Stacy now.
    I'm sorry to hear that Stacy's grandpa died......he did seem like a sweet grandpa. I'm sure it's been difficult for Cass, losing first her older sister, Tina, then Stacy, and now her grandpa, all in the space of a few years.
    My posts are my opinion..........



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,302

    Tom Morphey - Witness

    Peterson witness prepares

    Important hearing set for Jan. 19



    January 8, 2010

    By JOE HOSEY

    This article is about Tom Morphey preparing for the upcoming hearing on January 19th.

    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/b...100108.article
    Last edited by Leila; 01-17-2010 at 12:35 AM.
    My posts are my opinion..........



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    27,332
    http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...r-charges.html

    TOMORROW!!! what time? on TV anywhere???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,302
    I don't know of any television coverage of the hearing on Tuesday, January 19th. Probably the best place to follow the hearing will be on the site linked below.


    The Drew Peterson case: 2 wives to have major roles in pretrial hearing into drowning
    By Steve Schmadeke
    Tribune reporter January 17, 2010


    Former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson is charged with drowning estranged wife Kathleen Savio, but much of the information likely to be presented at a unique pretrial hearing that starts Tuesday will involve the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy.


    For Stacy’s family, the hearing will provide their first detailed look at what was uncovered during the massive investigation launched after she vanished in 2007. Her disappearance and the exhumation afterward of Savio’s body and reclassification of her death as a homicide helped turn the case into national tabloid fodder.


    More at link..................


    http://petersonstory.wordpress.com/2...s-to-be-heard/
    My posts are my opinion..........




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    12,677
    Just wondering if anyone here will be following the Prelim trial tomorrow?? or will there be on-line access??

    Thanks in advance!! Been looking forward to this!!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    27,332
    On HLN, Beth Garos just filled us in on some info about what Kathleen wrote in her letter.
    Old news that we know.
    I am thinking that she will be covering it...........maybe court TV???
    I'm staying turned just in case!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    I don't know of any television coverage of the hearing on Tuesday, January 19th. Probably the best place to follow the hearing will be on the site linked below.


    The Drew Peterson case: 2 wives to have major roles in pretrial hearing into drowning
    By Steve Schmadeke
    Tribune reporter January 17, 2010


    Former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson is charged with drowning estranged wife Kathleen Savio, but much of the information likely to be presented at a unique pretrial hearing that starts Tuesday will involve the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy.


    For Stacy’s family, the hearing will provide their first detailed look at what was uncovered during the massive investigation launched after she vanished in 2007. Her disappearance and the exhumation afterward of Savio’s body and reclassification of her death as a homicide helped turn the case into national tabloid fodder.


    More at link..................


    http://petersonstory.wordpress.com/2...s-to-be-heard/
    Leila is right that the above link is the site where we will hear the latest about the hearsay hearing. All articles will be posted there and alot of commentary. Geesh, I wish we could see this as it happens! Been looking forward to this for a long time.

    I watched WGN news this morning, and they said DP had red blotches on his face....nervous hives, maybe? Jail not so great now, huh Drew? *blows raspberries*

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,973



Similar Threads

  1. WHO reports on the leading causes for death among women
    By believe09 in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 11:31 AM