1112 users online (221 members and 891 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    I keep going back to the holiday weekend..more out of state (strangers)
    Though you would think that someone out of state would not be familiar enough with where to dump a body. Esp one missing since 1977!! Unless, frequently visits...but why commit this crime at all, esp if your on vacation. Someone mentioned it was rainy with fog...someone hit her while due to viability and panicked..even the elderly man?

How long had Simone been working at the Rainbow Room Restaurant? Was it her first job?
    I wonder what prompted her to move from Sherborn to Framingham alone at 17?
    Was it her senior year in high school? Didn't her teacher say it seemed something was bothering her?
    I wish a bit more was known about her and her life growing up.. Hard to find any info.

Happy to see that Simone's disappearance is getting some attention lately. Most cases this old don't, and won't, unfortunately.

I will respond to many of your ideas, comments and questions in the near future. A lot of what has been discussed cane be addressed and the thoughts/ideas bring up some excellent points.

SherbornMADetective,

Thanks for checking in. Look forward to your responses. I really hope your attention and the Cape Cod Times story shook a few memories...

Thank you SherbornMADetective!

Clarification pls...is the theory that as soon as simone left work, she hitchhiked to see her family? How far is work from her apartment? I would have thought after working in a diner, she would have went home, showered and at least changed out of her work clothes. Maybe she met foul play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetluv View Post
    Clarification pls...is the theory that as soon as simone left work, she hitchhiked to see her family? How far is work from her apartment? I would have thought after working in a diner, she would have went home, showered and at least changed out of her work clothes. Maybe she met foul play there.
    Hi, I am not 100% on her movements after she got out of work at 3:00 PM that Friday. According to one of the other Rainbow restaurant employees she changed into her regular clothes, put the blue uniform into her bag, then left the restaurant. I am not sure what her movements were the next 13-14 hours. I always assumed she started hitchhiking right from Natick Center where the restaurant was located. I am very familiar with the area. Now I am not so sure. Oddly, I read a recent report where the writer said "she walked to catch a bus." That is the first time I saw anything like that. I am thinking that statement is erroneous. Natick Center is not a hub for local MBTA buses nor is there a Peter Pan or Grayhound terminal.

Her apartment was about 4-4.5 miles from the restaurant. Not sure about foul play at the apartment...based on the 70 year old's description, I believe she made it through the night. Also, the Sherborn detective mentioned a detail in the old man's interview where he noted Simone's smelled like she had not taken a shower or bath. I could take it to mean that she never went back to the apartment, and just stayed out all night...not sure. It also could be the old man's way of telling the police, "no way I touched her..."
    Last edited by jgfitzge; 10-07-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks jgfitzge

What do we know about the history of the elderly driver?

He would have been born c1907 and his young adulthood would have been in the Depression years and then the war years - both periods when a lot of people were on the move and looking for work and could therefore disappear without too many questions being asked.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    What do we know about the history of the elderly driver?

He would have been born c1907 and his young adulthood would have been in the Depression years and then the war years - both periods when a lot of people were on the move and looking for work and could therefore disappear without too many questions being asked.
    Thanks for sending out the map signal!

Do we want a map putting together? I'm happy to do one if needed. If yes, can someone point me in the right direction for location details that would need to be added. TIA

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Quote Originally Posted by jgfitzge View Post
    Hi, I am not 100% on her movements after she got out of work at 3:00 PM that Friday. According to one of the other Rainbow restaurant employees she changed into her regular clothes, put the blue uniform into her bag, then left the restaurant. I am not sure what her movements were the next 13-14 hours. I always assumed she started hitchhiking right from Natick Center where the restaurant was located. I am very familiar with the area. Now I am not so sure. Oddly, I read a recent report where the writer said "she walked to catch a bus." That is the first time I saw anything like that. I am thinking that statement is erroneous. Natick Center is not a hub for local MBTA buses nor is there a Peter Pan or Grayhound terminal.

Her apartment was about 4-4.5 miles from the restaurant. Not sure about foul play at the apartment...based on the 70 year old's description, I believe she made it through the night. Also, the Sherborn detective mentioned a detail in the old man's interview where he noted Simone's smelled like she had not taken a shower or bath. I could take it to mean that she never went back to the apartment, and just stayed out all night...not sure. It also could be the old man's way of telling the police, "no way I touched her..."
    The old Shoppers World had a bus terminal. It was about 3.5 miles from Natick Center, which is a long-ish walk, though doable. Or a quick hitch hike, if you can manage not to get busted by a statie on Rt 9.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shopper%27s_World

Here is Simone's FB missing/help find page: https://www.facebook.com/Simone-Ridi...4320864777396/
    It hasn't been updated in a while but has some photos.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by OneParticularHarbor View Post
    The old Shoppers World had a bus terminal. It was about 3.5 miles from Natick Center, which is a long-ish walk, though doable. Or a quick hitch hike, if you can manage not to get busted by a statie on Rt 9.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shopper%27s_World

Thanks OPH, Route 9 Shoppers World, ahh the memories, the Jordan Marsh dome! Anyway, not sure taking a T bus would have been the move to get her to the highway to hitch hike. If it was me, I would get a ride or hitch to route 9, then get off at the 128/Route 9 exit, then thumb a ride 128 south, eventually to Route 3 or 44 to the Cape.

Good questions, I can only add that based on her age (dob: 01/05/1960) and Massachusetts school guidelines, it appears that she was going into her senior year of HS. So, your question about why she moved to a place of her own is a good one...I am in the same age range, went to an all boys school in the Boston area...I don't recall a member of our senior class living outside the house, if there was, it would have been a rarity. Sherborn is a small, rural town, population of about 4,000 (3500 in the 1970s) and it shares a regional HS with Dover. Yes, there is not a lot of info on her life, no lengthy interviews with family members. Since there was a reference to the mother's boyfriend, It sounds like the parents may have been separated or divorced.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast