Top Ten Crime Stories of 2009

The Balloon boy story ..... bigger than Caylee Anthony? I think not.

IMO, on this list, Michael Jackson falls to No 8, Balloon Boy to No 9 and Casey to No 10. The only reason Casey's dropping to 10 is because it's not really a 2009 crime, it's a 2008 crime that has carried forward. We were all made aware of... wait for it "Tot Mom" in July 2008...

Again, IMO, here are other missing people who deserve 8 and 9 more than Jackson and Balloon Boy.

I would put Haleigh Cummings at the top of the list only because I consider Casey Anthony a 2008 case (Caylee disappeared, Caylee's remains were discovered, the perp behind bars and charged). As for the others, in my opinion they don't come close to these two cases. Michael Jackson is not a crime case at all, but a celebrity who died of a drug overdose, one of many. Haleigh has been missing since February of 2008 and we still, almost one year later, have no new information. Maybe 2010 will bring it to a close and the perp finally arrested.

Because they're "missing" we don't have evidence of a crime yet and no one has been charged.

However, my question is what about- these crimes:

5-year-old Shaniya Davis- Sold by her Mother as a sex slave-then murdered

or: Annie Marie Le -murdered days before her wedding

or: the little girl who was killed by another girl in a satanic ceremony?

All of these are more important then the stupid balloon family! IMO

IMO, on this list, Michael Jackson falls to No 8, Balloon Boy to No 9 and Casey to No 10. The only reason Casey's dropping to 10 is because it's not really a 2009 crime, it's a 2008 crime that has carried forward. We were all made aware of... wait for it "Tot Mom" in July 2008...

Again, IMO, here are other missing people who deserve 8 and 9 more than Jackson and Balloon Boy.

to me it's caylee and jaycee.
jackson and balloon boy shouldnt even be on the list.

Because they're "missing" we don't have evidence of a crime yet and no one has been charged.

However, my question is what about- these crimes:

5-year-old Shaniya Davis- Sold by her Mother as a sex slave-then murdered

or: Annie Marie Le -murdered days before her wedding

or: the little girl who was killed by another girl in a satanic ceremony?

All of these are more important then the stupid balloon family! IMO

I agree! I was having a baby brain moment and couldn't come up with another example so I went with the word that came to mind which happened to be missing. I know there are more but please forgive my absent-minded-ness!

I don't think the balloon boy should be on the list at all. JMO

I don't think the balloon boy should be on the list at all. JMO

and jackson's only on the list cause he's micheal jackson.
tons of normal people die from medical malpratice all of the time.

Here is smart blonde's Top 10 official list of most Captivating True Crime Cases of 2009:

* Caylee Anthony (just as compelling in 2009, as in 2008. The public really loves this child).

* Jaycee Dugard (found alive after being abducted at age 11, and held captive for 18 years)

* HaLeigh Cummings (True mystery. Where is Haleigh? We want answers, and we want her found).

* Sandra Cantu (Sunday school teacher charged with Sandra's rape and murder was a woman).

* Shaniya Davis (Her mother was charged with sex trafficking/ Shaniya was seen being carried into hotel room on surveillance video by a friend of her mother, later found raped and murdered).

* Mr. & Mrs. Billings (the couple with all the special needs children, who were murdered duing Home Invasion).

* Elizabeth Olten (9 year old allegedly murdered by her 15 year old neighbor).

* Victoria Stafford (in Canada. Both a man and a woman charged with her murder).

* Susan Powell (Husband's suspicious behavior raises many flags)

* Shannon Dedrick (Infant reported missing, and feared murdered, found alive in box under bed of woman who was a person of interest in the disappearance of a young boy many years before).

These are not necessarily in any particular order.

Here is smart blonde's official list of most captivating true crime stories of 2009:

* Caylee Anthony (just as compelling in 2009, as in 2008. The public really loves this child).

* Jaycee Dugard (found alive after being abducted at age 11, and held captive for 18 years)

* HaLeigh Cummings (True mystery. Where is Haleigh? We want answers, and we want her found).

* Sandra Cantu (Sunday school teacher charged with Sandr'a rape and murder was a woman).

* Shaniya Davis (mother charged with sex trafficking/ Shaniya was seen being carried into hotel room on surveillance video).

* Mr. & Mrs. Billings (the couple with all the special needs children, who were murdered duing Home Invasion).

* Elizabeth Olten (9 year old allegedly murdered by her 15 year old neighbor).

* Victoria Stafford (in Canada. Both a man, and woman charged with her murder).

* Susan Powell (Husband's suspicious behavior raises many flags)

These are not necessarily in order, and smart blonde reserves the right to add #10 when she thinks of it.

great list smart.
caylee's case has infuriated me for so long. i know i spend most of my time on jaycee's case.............but i seriously want casey to fry and her parents to go down as accomplices after the fact.

Well that's interesting. I typed up my list before I allowed myself to read the list and article posted in the first thread.

I only have (I think) four on my list, that are on that list.

Mr. & Mrs. Billings (the couple with all the special needs children, who were murdered duing Home Invasion)!!!!!

The Channon Christian and Chris Newsome case is amazing too-although very little media coverage (too hot a subject)-and the trials started last year.

Well that's interesting. I typed up my list before I allowed myself to read the list and article posted in the first thread.

I only have (I think) four on my list, that are on that list.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back