1074 users online (278 members and 796 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1

    Misty's cell phone

    Misty's cell phone was shut off that night and Ron couldn't call her? Was that so LE couldn't follow her pings?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,762
    I know we heard that her phone was off but then I read somewhere that she was making calls to Timmy at some point that night. LE wanted Timmy's records. So I'm guessing that her phone was on and she just wasn't answering Ron's calls. If not that, then she was using someone else's phone to call Timmy. Did we find out whether or not Ron had a landline? If her phone was off, and Ron didn't have a landline, whose phone could she have been using to call Timmy? Hanks?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    Susp...I also think LE may have wanted records to see if rc and tommy were calling Timmy.

    Misty at that age and before this was most likley not a seasoned criminal. I doubt she would know to shut off her phone unless told to do so. A barely seventeen old girl would NOT shut off her phone...especiallly this little chatterbox. She could have put it on silent or vibrate but off...I doubt it.

    I am so suspicious of the top two that I would have thought rc would have taken her cell from her before he went to work to ensure she wasn't going anywhere. It appears there was only one cell around at the time of the 911 because he was demanding she give him "his" phone.

    I have to discount everything misty had told us as she is a compulsive liar. She may have gone to tommy's and called nay or used another cell for the evening. She did not list her number on the LE report that night but gave them rc's as her own.
    Last edited by Whisperer; 01-06-2010 at 03:26 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I am here!
    Posts
    1,807
    Unless, this was so well planned that there may have been prepaid cells, that were disposed of after the minutes were used? Just throwing it out there. They are cheap and easy to find at any drug store. JMO
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    It doesn't seem like LE has all the pings for all these people either. I wonder how fast they changed their numbers or dropped service. I wonder how misty reached her mother to call anyway. Have we established if Lisa was at Tommy's at the time of the crime? Or was she at the hospital?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    Quote Originally Posted by lil momma View Post
    Unless, this was so well planned that there may have been prepaid cells, that were disposed of after the minutes were used? Just throwing it out there. They are cheap and easy to find at any drug store. JMO
    At least one of rc's phones weren't prepaid because I traced it at the time and it was registered to TN.

    His story about not answering the phone as he was driving home was pure BS. He must have had calls all night but I can tell you TN would not have been one of them. Her brief experience as a dispatcher would tell her not to call. That is a cell phone bill I would love to see.
    Last edited by Whisperer; 01-06-2010 at 03:34 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,701
    If prepaid phones were used that night, it was not because there was a plan to make Haleigh disappear; it is because there was other activity that went on where a prepaid was preferable to a phone that could be traced back to someone's mother, who just so happened to be on disability leave from ACSO. That IS who owned Ron and Misty's cells, right? They were on Teresa's plan?

    I have always thought there were a lot of drop down weapons, and drop down phones, involved in Ronald's life. I just can't prove it, so of course it goes to JMO.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    Remember the first video and rc had a cell phone in his hand....it was ringing and he did not even look at it. His mother didn't even tell him to look at who was calling. I remember SP doing the same thing during an interview...

    Looking at this hands, that must have been some whop he gave the door, the door took it well though.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,427
    IMO, Misty was NOT thinking that far ahead regarding LE and pings to her phone.

    The only way we are going to know if Misty's phone was on or off; or for incoming/outgoing calls is when LE releases the records for Misty's phone.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    That very first video of rc is disturbing. He does appear grief-stricken and in mourning but continues to talk about himself. He speaks like Haleigh is dead not abducted. He sounds like he knows who caused it also. He does all this speaking holding his cell in his hand. I am convinced rc knows what happened to Haleigh and has known it all along. He is an emotional cripple, as we used to call itl. There is no core strength in him as he is focused on his feelings and not helping the cause.

    If his lawyer stated twenty + calls, you can bet there were at least twice that many. You can also bet that the argument at 8:30 was explosive because Shoemaker used the word, significant...IIRC.

    So what turned rc from his Walton like picture, he painted for us, from hugging and loving his daughter, DROPPING HER OFF and going to work, to a madman by the 8:30pm call?

    Misty goes further and tell us rc was inside the house when he left for work as he kissed her and junior and Haleigh "goodbye"

    AS also kissed Haleigh "goodby". A few goodbye kisses for Haleigh that day...hmmm

    The phones in the cummings, croslins clans had to be on fire. Have we ever seen misty's cell during the time the media was there. I recall TN complaining to TIM that misty was always following rc around the house and outside wanting to use the phone when he was on it.
    Last edited by Whisperer; 01-06-2010 at 03:54 PM.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    What is interesting now is that misty has another cell phone registered in NC. Without my software pgm I can get to pinpoint exactly but do have the neighborhood where it is from.

    Interesting that it is out of state....why?

  12. #12
    Let's stay on topic regarding Misty's cell phone. If we want to discuss other topics, feel free to open a thread for that topic.

    Great thoughts get lost when we co-mingle them throughout the threads.

    Let me know if you have questions.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,853
    Whisp, possilby Donna B let MC keep the cell phone she got for her. I read that DB's cell phone was a NC number also per the police reports.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    That very first video of rc is disturbing. He does appear grief-stricken and in mourning but continues to talk about himself. He speaks like Haleigh is dead not abducted. He sounds like he knows who caused it also. He does all this speaking holding his cell in his hand. I am convinced rc knows what happened to Haleigh and has known it all along. He is an emotional cripple, as we used to call itl. There is no core strength in him as he is focused on his feelings and not helping the cause.

    If his lawyer stated twenty + calls, you can bet there were at least twice that many. You can also bet that the argument at 8:30 was explosive because Shoemaker used the word, significant...IIRC.

    So what turned rc from his Walton like picture, he painted for us, from hugging and loving his daughter, DROPPING HER OFF and going to work, to a madman by the 8:30pm call?

    Misty goes further and tell us rc was inside the house when he left for work as he kissed her and junior and Haleigh "goodbye"

    AS also kissed Haleigh "goodby". A few goodbye kisses for Haleigh that day...hmmm

    The phones in the cummings, croslins clans had to be on fire. Have we ever seen misty's cell during the time the media was there. I recall TN complaining to TIM that misty was always following rc around the house and outside wanting to use the phone when he was on it.
    bbm
    that's good Whisp! I never thought about that. There were quite a few "goodbye" kisses. I'm glad you caught that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Misty at that age and before this was most likley not a seasoned criminal. I doubt she would know to shut off her phone unless told to do so. A barely seventeen old girl would NOT shut off her phone...especiallly this little chatterbox. She could have put it on silent or vibrate but off...I doubt it.
    Snipped & BBM

    I disagree with the bolded part. Misty was a teenager that was arguing with her boyfriend. Teenagers are not exactly known to be the most mature people when arguing with their boyfriends. One thing they may do when arguing is to shut off their phone, hoping to make the b/f "angry", or to get attention -- possibly hoping that the boyfriend will come to give her attention. In this case, maybe hoping Ron would come home and either "make up" with her, or continue the argument in person. Who knows, not easy to get into the mind of a teenage girl.


    Prayers for beautiful, little Haleigh!

    RIP to all the angels who were taken from us too soon!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Cell Phone Found Under Mattress in Charles Manson's Cell
    By angelwngs in forum The Manson Family
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 07:18 PM