GUILTY OK - Kai'den Terry, 7 wks, dies of head trauma, Tulsa, 27 Sept 2009

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Teen Mother Charged With First-Degree Murder In Child's Death

TULSA, OK -- 18-year-old Dominique Lagail Lee was charged with the First-Degree Murder of her seven-week-old baby boy (Kai'den) on December 31st.

Lee is already in custody due to a prior robbery arrest and has an initial court date of January 5th. Judge Kurt Glassco has been assigned to the case.

--> more at link

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11754281

And this is her second child that she's allegedly murdered! :furious:
For the life of me, I cannot understand how someone can carry a child for nine months and then murder them. :shakehead:

Does she look high in her mugshot, or is it just me?

Teen Mother Charged With First-Degree Murder In Child's Death

TULSA, OK -- 18-year-old Dominique Lagail Lee was charged with the First-Degree Murder of her seven-week-old baby boy (Kai'den) on December 31st.

Lee is already in custody due to a prior robbery arrest and has an initial court date of January 5th. Judge Kurt Glassco has been assigned to the case.

--> more at link

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11754281

And this is her second child that she's allegedly murdered! :furious:
For the life of me, I cannot understand how someone can carry a child for nine months and then murder them. :shakehead:

Does she look high in her mugshot, or is it just me?

BBM, she doesn't look how I would expect a mum to look who has just been arrested for murdering her baby, or perhaps that's just me..

Yes, she looks high to me too, Liz. Am I missing something? If she was already in custody, how did she have access to her baby on Dec. 31st? Also, is the man she was arrested with, the baby's father?

This is plain evil. My prayer is that the little one passed over in an instant. He's safe now.

Yes, she looks high to me too, Liz. Am I missing something? If she was already in custody, how did she have access to her baby on Dec. 31st? Also, is the man she was arrested with, the baby's father?

This is plain evil. My prayer is that the little one passed over in an instant. He's safe now.

The baby died on Sept. 27. Apparently since then she was arrested for an unrelated crime (the robbery) and then was questioned about the baby's death and charged for it on Dec. 31.

ETA: The wording of the article certainly could have been more clear. I think some of these journalists need to go back to school to learn to write clearly and concisely.

How sad. (Big pause to collect thoughts.) ::: sigh :::

Was there a picture of this little guy anywhere? I only saw the one linked in the article, of his "big brother" (who never got the chance to be very big, OR to grow up with his little brother, Kai'den -- who also will not get to grow up). :(

The mother's eyes definitely look puffed-up/squinty in that shot. And she doesn't look to be having an altogether bad time, does she? Argh! Like it's all just a big adventure, or a fun story to tell her friends later (?!).

And to post the photo of her first son who died on her MS with the caption saying something about loving him "to death". I wonder if it was posted in retrospect (after his literal death), or if it was posted before she "found him unresponsive" - ?

Any chance he could be exhumed for a closer look?

Does the word "unresponsive" drive everyone else as wild as it does me? Of course, I know babies die of SIDS. Of course, I know some have seizures or other scary disabilities and health issues. But how often do we read that some parent of an otherwise healthy infant, discovers the child "unresponsive".

I've parented somewhere around 18 children (it depends on how you count LOL), I've taught Head Start (where our students took naps), and I've worked in church nurseries. I've never once come upon an "unresponsive" child. The children we read about here on WS aren't unresponsive, they are either dead or irretrievably brain damaged. They are not responding because they are not breathing or because their little brains are swollen and crushing against their skulls or their kidneys have failed due to deep bruising.

The word "unresponsive" always makes me think that the child isn't doing something right. The news articles always report that the parent seemed genuinely surprised that the baby wouldn't respond. They didn't babble or smile when the parent gently tried to rouse them or to check on them (yeah, right).

Darn it. They can't. They've been shaken, kicked, beaten, punched, tossed, or thrown down so savagely that their little bodies have pulled back into themselves and they are on their way to heaven. I just don't like that word.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back