1068 users online (242 members and 826 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Q & A ABOUT THE CASE - **Ask A Question, Leave An Answer** - **NO DISCUSSION**

Ask A Question; Leave An Answer.

Question, did Josh wear a wedding ring before Susan disappeared, and if so, is he still wearing it now? If he's not wearing it, when did he take it off?

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    Question, did Josh wear a wedding ring before Susan disappeared, and if so, is he still wearing it now? If he's not wearing it, when did he take it off?

VB

This was a bit difficult to capture but I did notice on December 11, 2009, Josh had a ring on his finger. This is the first picture attachment, of which I am providing the link to the video where I captured the picture. Around 59 seconds of the video you will see a ring on Josh's left hand ring finger.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...DFMiGeogQ.cspx

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Patty G; 01-13-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Regarding kidnapping, brainwashing and deprogramming of LDS members (not extremist sects):

Is it a rare occurrence?

When the subject is returned to his or her everyday life, how on earth does he or she explain why they were missing?

After "deprogramming" is the subject completely alienated from LDS friends and family and/or physically distanced from the LDS community?

TIA!!

I can't find the timeline that was prepared before. Do you think it could be posted here or somewhere easy to find?

Quote Originally Posted by nyvictoria View Post
    Regarding kidnapping, brainwashing and deprogramming of LDS members (not extremist sects):

Is it a rare occurrence?

When the subject is returned to his or her everyday life, how on earth does he or she explain why they were missing?

After "deprogramming" is the subject completely alienated from LDS friends and family and/or physically distanced from the LDS community?

TIA!!
    I have never heard of it occuring in LDS, only in extreme religious cults. However Josh's father may consider LDS to be an extreme religius cult. I know some people drift in and out of LDS, so maybe if the was kidnapped for this purpose, the kidnappers are hoping she will remain on the fringe of LDS.

Question: Knowig the Police have access to Josh and Susan's phone records, do they also have access to their bank records, or does Josh need to be named a suspect before they can request this information from the bank?

Josh's card use and bank statements in the months before 7th December and the weeks since would be very interesting and revealing, and I presume LE do this as a matter of course for a suspect, but can they do it for a POI?

Quote Originally Posted by nyvictoria View Post

Is it a rare occurrence?

TIA!!
    It never happens. If it did, it would be all over the news.

A quick example. Last year, some parents from Texas came out to Utah and "kidnapped" their 19-year-old daughter. She had come out the the University of Utah for college, met some LDS roommates, and joined the church. The parents were irate, and surprised her with a visit. The last communication she had was with a friend on her cell phone. She said, "Oh my gosh! My parents are at my door!" That was the last thing anyone heard from her for almost a week. It was all over the news that she was missing, and she turned up later at her home in Texas.

If it happened, it would make national news. It doesn't. That being said, if it was to happen, it would be with someone like Josh's dad, IMO. After perusing his music site, I think it's pretty clear he's a little crazy.

VB
    He'a wearing it in this video on Janury 7th

If you guys do have a timeline, would you link it or put it up on a sticky because I would love to reference it as well...TIA
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    If you guys do have a timeline, would you link it or put it up on a sticky because I would love to reference it as well...TIA
    Quotin' myself...I found a good timeline here:
    http://disciple.tumblr.com/post/2860...-dna-sample-of
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

VB
    When Josh climbed into the moving van to leave Utah, he was not wearing it.

At some point later on, he resumed wearing it.

VB
    Wayne Hamberg, a friend of Josh Powell, reported on the wall of the Facebook group "Susan Powell Part 2" yesterday he had just spent two hours talking with Josh Powell at his West Valley City, Utah home and that Josh was wearing his wedding band.

Related to the motive discussion, does anyone know the nature of the church calling that Susan accepted in the fall, and can you share, roughly, what kind of time commitment that might involve in the home and outside the home (guesstimate a typical number of hours per week, or hours per month)?

Question: What line of business is Josh in?
    Don't panic! This is just MY opinion. ~blpayne

Quote Originally Posted by blpayne_ne View Post
    Question: What line of business is Josh in?
    He previously was in real estate but more recently he worked with computers.

hth
    fran

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast