Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 96

Thread: Theories On What Happened To Susan Powell

  1. #51
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Yes, I'm familiar with that timeline and as mentioned previously, I do not agree with specific parts of it.

    Timeline starts in April and SK was having "difficulties" within his life prior to his move SG. Just as SCP was having difficulties way prior to her disappearance.

    JMO

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    149
    [QUOTE=hollyblue;5549531]Yes, I'm familiar with that timeline and as mentioned previously, I do not agree with specific parts of it.

    care to expand?

  3. #53
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    [quote=SugarJames;5551018]
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Yes, I'm familiar with that timeline and as mentioned previously, I do not agree with specific parts of it.

    care to expand?
    I already have. Basically, the timeline does not agree with what the mother said in the press conference.....and his arrival in RV.

    Timeline says he left SG Thursday night. Mother says he arrived in RV on the 9th and back in SG early Friday. Conflict. This was after the first report he arrived in RV on the 8th. Did you go to the link I provided and read the info there?

    Although, I think there is a connection, this is Susan's thread, and some people get upset with the subject. This should really be on SK's thread on the link I provided. Just trying to keep the peace, IYKWIM

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    672
    He could have 'stored' her body someplace close to him or his father and is continually moving the body. I just thought of that because of the recent case I read about where the father/mother killed their daughter and he boxed her up but once she started smelling, buried her, then recovered her and packaged her up again. They eventually got a storage shed and hid her in there.

    So if he's so controlling, maybe he couldn't handle leaving the body anywhere he couldn't watch it for onlookers.

    I know that is a stretch, but it's just an idea.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mayelf For This Useful Post:


  6. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,095
    Is it possible that Josh drugged Susan and loaded Susan and the boys in the van... meet families members to hand off Susan to be taken back to Washington and be help against her will. (control issues)

    Susan was standing up to Josh and from what I been reading the Powell men are very controlling. It also sound like Steven Powell is starting his own cult with all the people living under his roof.

    Just a short theory but still thinking on it.

    I sure hope LE is watching everyone under Steven's roof.
    "LIGHTING THE WAY HOME"

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:


  8. #56
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    I just read something I found interesting on the FB page for Susan. They ( Debbie Caldwell) states a secrecy order is attached to Susan's file/case.

    Why would that be?

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=198478842187
    Last edited by hollyblue; 09-10-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: add link

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:


  10. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,095
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    I just read something I found interesting on the FB page for Susan. They ( Debbie Caldwell) states a secrecy order is attached to Susan's file/case.

    Why would that be?

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=198478842187
    I feel dumb asking this but what a secrecy
    "LIGHTING THE WAY HOME"

  11. #58
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
    I feel dumb asking this but what a secrecy

    ----the state of keeping something secret

    I'm guessing only, but once a file is on record with the courts, the judge has the right, if need be for some reason, to place a seal on the files. I don't know if this is what she meant, or just that LE will not talk about it.
    The search warrants and the affidavit LE served on Josh for his car, home, garage, etc.-- for it would be on file, but if the judge had them sealed, no one can access them. They do this many times when children are involved with a case. IE: divorce, homicide in the family, etc.... Say LE did interview little son, I don't think that should be made public.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 10-10-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: name

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:


  13. #59
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
    I feel dumb asking this but what a secrecy
    Sorry to answer your question twice...but too late to edit. I found this article on the LE having a gag order. That is probably what she meant.
    imo

    http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in...ox-powell-case

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:


  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    6,264
    I’m taking a break from writing one of the hardest papers I’ve ever done, turned on the TV and I am watching ‘Criminal Minds’ one of my favorite programs. One of the actors said something that made me think of jp. The line was about “carrying a 110 lb woman who was deceased, it would be a difficult task”. It appears that Susan was more than 110lbs and jp is certainly not a muscular male. In fact he is the embodiment of the ’99lb weakling’.

    He could not, alone, have carried Susan very far. Did someone help him? Did he park near or next to where she was placed? What about ‘putting a body in a sleeping bag and dragging it’. Could the snow/ice have made this easier to do?

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:


  17. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacie Estes View Post
    I’m taking a break from writing one of the hardest papers I’ve ever done, turned on the TV and I am watching ‘Criminal Minds’ one of my favorite programs. One of the actors said something that made me think of jp. The line was about “carrying a 110 lb woman who was deceased, it would be a difficult task”. It appears that Susan was more than 110lbs and jp is certainly not a muscular male. In fact he is the embodiment of the ’99lb weakling’.

    He could not, alone, have carried Susan very far. Did someone help him? Did he park near or next to where she was placed? What about ‘putting a body in a sleeping bag and dragging it’. Could the snow/ice have made this easier to do?
    I don't know, but can you imagine just how surreal that night must have been for everyone? How totally bizarre.

    MOO, of course.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diphi For This Useful Post:


  19. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacie Estes View Post
    I’m taking a break from writing one of the hardest papers I’ve ever done, turned on the TV and I am watching ‘Criminal Minds’ one of my favorite programs. One of the actors said something that made me think of jp. The line was about “carrying a 110 lb woman who was deceased, it would be a difficult task”. It appears that Susan was more than 110lbs and jp is certainly not a muscular male. In fact he is the embodiment of the ’99lb weakling’.

    He could not, alone, have carried Susan very far. Did someone help him? Did he park near or next to where she was placed? What about ‘putting a body in a sleeping bag and dragging it’. Could the snow/ice have made this easier to do?
    Putting together what little I know:

    Shrinkwrap her, tie a rope around her (or tie her to a sled that you can pull with a rope).
    Drive somewhere.
    Untie the load from the sled, and let it roll down a hill.
    Put the sled back in the car.
    Light a fire and tell the kids you're "camping".

    When you get home, tell everyone that you "went south".

  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:


  21. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,560
    Quote Originally Posted by diphi View Post
    I don't know, but can you imagine just how surreal that night must have been for everyone? How totally bizarre.

    MOO, of course.
    Especially with two young children who, although one was nearly 3, were likely not potty trained.

    How many dirty diapers were found in the minivan....or out in the "Pony Express" area?

  22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:


  23. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    772
    MOO,

    Warning - slightly graphic.

    Lol, we've hashed this over and over but I'll throw it out there, again.

    I don't think someone else helped at that hour of the night. Someone else (SP?) may well have provided advice and support later on. I bet at some point during the next day a call was made to SP.

    I think the dump probably was very close to the van. I just can't see dragging a body for a very long distance, considering there were 2 children in the van, the weather, the darkness, etc. I'll guess a drop off a cliff, into a river, or, yes, maybe even a mine close to the road - but certainly not too far from the van and a road.

    I also don't think that changing diapers were much of a thought during the night. It's a good question, though. Were dirty diapers found in the van? If it were me, I'd probably just throw them out or bury them (not normally, but in that situation). I bet no diapers were found in the Pony Express area because he was never there.
    Last edited by diphi; 12-27-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: spelling

  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to diphi For This Useful Post:


  25. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by laytonian View Post
    Putting together what little I know:

    Shrinkwrap her, tie a rope around her (or tie her to a sled that you can pull with a rope).
    Drive somewhere.
    Untie the load from the sled, and let it roll down a hill.
    Put the sled back in the car.
    Light a fire and tell the kids you're "camping".

    When you get home, tell everyone that you "went south".
    Respectfully BBM - and just asking

    How do you pull that off with 2 children possibly watching? You've got to load the sled in the van and get the children in the van, too - probably wide awake at that point. And, how do you explain the the "roll down" to the children? It would all work fine, except for the children...

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to diphi For This Useful Post:


  27. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,560
    Quote Originally Posted by diphi View Post
    Respectfully BBM - and just asking

    How do you pull that off with 2 children possibly watching? You've got to load the sled in the van and get the children in the van, too - probably wide awake at that point. And, how do you explain the the "roll down" to the children? It would all work fine, except for the children...
    Easy.

    You leave the kids in the house (probably asleep, or with a little "Utah liquid Binky", aka Benadryl).

    Once you've got the package in back of the minivan, you put the kids in.
    They can't see what's in back.

    And....strapped in their car seats, they can't see what you're doing, when you pull it out and roll it down the hill.

    Folks have been mentioning "shrink wrap" -- that's the only reason I can see for it. (Substitute a piece of cardboard, carpet or plywood for the sled - same scenario.)

  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:


  29. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,560
    Quote Originally Posted by diphi View Post
    MOO,

    Warning - slightly graphic.

    Lol, we've hashed this over and over but I'll throw it out there, again.

    I don't think someone else helped at that hour of the night. Someone else (SP?) may well have provided advice and support later on. I bet at some point during the next day a call was made to SP.

    I think the dump probably was very close to the van. I just can't see dragging a body for a very long distance, considering there were 2 children in the van, the weather, the darkness, etc. I'll guess a drop off a cliff, into a river, or, yes, maybe even a mine close to the road - but certainly not too far from the van and a road.

    I also don't think that changing diapers were much of a thought during the night. It's a good question, though. Were dirty diapers found in the van? If it were me, I'd probably just throw them out or bury them (not normally, but in that situation). I bet no diapers were found in the Pony Express area because he was never there.
    I don't think he was, either.

    There'd be a lot of dirty diapers, a diaper box, maybe some unused ones, graham crackers, marshmallows, hershey bars, baby wipes, etc. Lots of supplies needed for that fantasy camp.

  30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:


  31. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by laytonian View Post
    Easy.

    You leave the kids in the house (probably asleep, or with a little "Utah liquid Binky", aka Benadryl).

    Once you've got the package in back of the minivan, you put the kids in.
    They can't see what's in back.

    And....strapped in their car seats, they can't see what you're doing, when you pull it out and roll it down the hill.

    Folks have been mentioning "shrink wrap" -- that's the only reason I can see for it. (Substitute a piece of cardboard, carpet or plywood for the sled - same scenario.)
    You read my mind! I have thought the start! Except the shrink wrap. Did he (JP) purchase shrink wrap rolls? If so, that is enough evidence to arrest if you ask me. That along with a clear "motive". Susan wanted to leave him. No brainer WVCPD ~~ sheesh. Why have they not served a warrant for his arrest?

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nosylla For This Useful Post:


  33. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by nosylla View Post
    You read my mind! I have thought the start! Except the shrink wrap. Did he (JP) purchase shrink wrap rolls? If so, that is enough evidence to arrest if you ask me. That along with a clear "motive". Susan wanted to leave him. No brainer WVCPD ~~ sheesh. Why have they not served a warrant for his arrest?
    Arrest me...you caught me. "I have a large roll of shrink wrap...several rolls of duct tape and lots of rope, trashbags, Latex ,rubber, and leather gloves. Several books by Anne Rule, saws, shovels, knives (I wish I had a welding torch) and believe Susan Powell left with a "clear motive"to leave Josh Powell" That must make me a prime suspect...or a POI...or acc after the fact.

    Why even wrap up a body at that time of day anyway...why not just set her up in a seat with a pillow like she is sleeping(seat belt on o'coarse...children in car seats sleeping...)makes a peacfull picture if pulled over by police in a traffic stop...(Officer to Josh, whats with everybody sleeping? Josh "Liquid binky" Officer, oh yea...use that stuff on my kids all the time never though about using on the wife... Josh thanks Barney and off he goes.)much better than a hastly wrapped plastic package in the back.

    Dead bodies are moved all over the country everyday legally...It's not allways in a big black car...people die while riding in cars...alot of them on the way to the hospital. Show of hands how many people would be able to reconize a dead person vertical or horizontal if you saw one? really...how many have you seen or been next to, that left you with a lasting impression of the reality?

    Susan left on her own...I have money bet on it, and I dont make bets unless Im pretty sure of the odds.
    Last edited by SugarJames; 12-28-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: by me

  34. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by nosylla View Post
    You read my mind! I have thought the start! Except the shrink wrap. Did he (JP) purchase shrink wrap rolls? If so, that is enough evidence to arrest if you ask me. That along with a clear "motive". Susan wanted to leave him. No brainer WVCPD ~~ sheesh. Why have they not served a warrant for his arrest?
    Arrest me...you caught me. "I have a large roll of shrink wrap...several rolls of duct tape and lots of rope, trashbags, Latex ,rubber, and leather gloves. Several books by Anne Rule, saws, shovels, knives (I wish I had a welding torch) and believe Susan Powell left with a "clear motive"to leave Josh Powell" That must make me a prime suspect...or a POI...or acc after the fact.

    Why even wrap up a body at that time of day anyway...why not just set her up in a seat with a pillow like she is sleeping(seat belt on o'coarse...children in car seats sleeping...)makes a peacfull picture if pulled over by police in a traffic stop...(Officer to Josh whats with everybody sleeping? Josh "Liquid binky" Officer oh yea...use that stuff on my kids all the time never though about using on the wife... Josh thanks Barney and off he goes.)much better than a hastly wrapped plastic package in the back.

    Dead bodies are moved all over the country everyday legally...It's not allways in a big black car...people die while riding in cars...alot of them on the way to the hospital. Show of hands how many people would be able to reconize a dead person vertical or horizontal if you saw one? really...how many have you seen or been next to? That left you with a lasting impression of the reality.

    Susan left on her own...I have money bet on it, and I dont make bets unless Im pretty sure of the odds.

  35. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,560
    Quote Originally Posted by nosylla View Post
    You read my mind! I have thought the start! Except the shrink wrap. Did he (JP) purchase shrink wrap rolls? If so, that is enough evidence to arrest if you ask me. That along with a clear "motive". Susan wanted to leave him. No brainer WVCPD ~~ sheesh. Why have they not served a warrant for his arrest?
    Tricia posted [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4775653&postcount=1"](click HERE)[/ame] about it. Rather than quoting, please click and read her entire post.

    It's intriguing, for sure.
    Depending on the size, it could be use to seal drafty windows in the wintertime.
    Since JP was a known clean-freak, a theory about him using shrinkwrap as a body/evidence containment system, isn't illogical thinking.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:


  37. #72
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Actually, it's just a rumor...until confirmed by LE.....and could it be poly rather than shrink wrap? Huge rolls of poly are used by homeowners for many things. Protection from rain when doing home repairs. Roof, patio,....even interior...painting, etc. It not abnormal at all for homeowners doing their own repairs or maintenance to have it.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:


  39. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    67
    given the events of the past few weeks (SP), I vote for #4, with a possible ending of #5....

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to svfxt For This Useful Post:


  41. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Washington the State
    Posts
    224
    I reread this entire thread tonight and it was very interesting to see that most of the theories now are the same as our original speculations. Some may even be exactly right about what actually happened. Time will tell and the clock is ticking....tick, tock, Josh, tick, tock....

    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmarple For This Useful Post:


  43. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    1,353
    I have been haphazordly following this case since the beginning. I watched other trails in between coming here from time to time since it began. I was intrigued from the very beginning a grown man, a father who supposedly loves and dotes on his sons, would use an albi such as camping in Dec in subzero temps on a mountain. And then thought everyone would believe it...because he really does. The male version of Casey Anthony folks. From the get go all the lies are not even close to believeable by either JP or SP. He was outside alright, somewhere but he wasn't camping. A little bit of truth in every lie. Just enough so he can remember them. It really bothered me from the very beginning that they isolated the boys as soon as was possible. Didn't help in searches. Didn't even cooperate with LE.

    I do think Susan was drugged. I am still on the fence about planning, but I do think that SP was pushing for something to happen, anything. I also believe that over the course of 3 weeks he was giving her those drugs and finally enough built up in her system he gave her an overdose. She may have thrown up at some point or even possibly suffocated from vomiting, but I do believe she died in that house.

    I agree with others, JP is not a huge man. Depending on how long it took there is a definite time when rigor starts to set in. Dead weight. He had to have help to hide the body. There is no way I can even see that happening even with the amount of adrenaline he must have been feeling, and euphoria for finally being rid of Susan.

    I do also believe wherever she is, and I really hope that SP starts singing like a bird. I can't imagine he doesn't know already what he is in for in the system. He is low man now, very very low on the jjail ladder of things. For a deal, I will bet we will have closure for the Cox's and her sweet boys and all those who have worked so tirelessly to find her and bring justice.

    Hopefully JP and his father will get everything they deserve and then some.

    Kelly

  44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 06:35 PM
  2. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 10:59 PM
  3. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 03:35 PM
  4. Replies: 445
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 03:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •