Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I think Susan could have been drugged or poisoned when her friend was over since Susan became ill after dinner and went to sleep. I've thought from the beginning that he could have put her in the vehicle in a drugged state and left her out in some remote area to die of hypothermia or killed her there. I don't know what was on the wet spots, but she could have been trying to get away, struggled, or vomited as he was getting her out of the home. If the son said his mommy stayed in the woods then she was taken to the woods with them.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I think Susan could have been drugged or poisoned when her friend was over since Susan became ill after dinner and went to sleep. I've thought from the beginning that he could have put her in the vehicle in a drugged state and left her out in some remote area to die of hypothermia or killed her there. I don't know what was on the wet spots, but she could have been trying to get away, struggled, or vomited as he was getting her out of the home. If the son said his mommy stayed in the woods then she was taken to the woods with them.
    I really agree with you

I don't think it was blood on the carpet..that would show..I think she vomited

I think the "timing" had to do with a decision by Susan...I think she had asked for a divorce, wanted him out of there, wanted the kids,

she basically supported them all...his money would be cut off, his "pride" hurt, his control broken

I think he gave her some sleeping pill or drugged her to give him time..I think that she may have thrown up...I think he got her/led her to the van and off they all went..."left" her in the woods

His 2nd "camping and smores" trip may have been to hide her better or cover his tracks or ??

I think the "father" may have helped him in the coverup but I doubt this was a planned conspiracy (but may be a conspiracy after the fact, accomplice after the fact)

I am firm in the idea that the MOST dangerous time for a woman in an abusive controlling situation is when she finally says "enough"..and ends it...I think Susan said "enough' and this tragedy unfolded

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LogicalMinds For This Useful Post:

Hard to tell where to put this, but a child in WA just came across human remains and I wanted to post the thread on the off chance it had anything to do with this case...
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96165"]WA - 8-year-old Finds Human Remains Near Toledo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    Ok, this is a sick and twisted thought, but since Josh's fathers birthday is Dec 19th, could there have been a motive there for him to get rid of Susan as a sort of gift to his father? I know it's pretty off the wall but nothing in this story seems normal to me! Was Josh up in WA on Dec 19th celebrating the day with his daddy?

VB
    He did leave on the 18th I think. Who knows WHAT or HOW this family thinks.

Breathe is offline Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~Albert Camus
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Hard to tell where to put this, but a child in WA just came across human remains and I wanted to post the thread on the off chance it had anything to do with this case...
    WA - 8-year-old Finds Human Remains Near Toledo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seat...san-Cox-Powell

February 18, 2010 - TOLEDO - An 8-year old boy playing in a wooded area in Lewis County, Wash., near the Cowlitz River on Thursday afternoon came upon remains that Lewis County sheriffs do not believe belong to Susan Cox Powell.

The mother of two young boys went missing from her West Valley City, Utah home in early December, and has yet to be found. (Click here and here for more information about Susan's disappearance.)

The sheriff's office said the 8-year old boy was playing outside at approximately 3:30 p.m. Thursday when he made the horrifying discovery that has local authorities looking for answers.

Detectives are searching the area and, at this time, have no information as to how long the remains had been there or how the person died.

One thing they are quite sure of, the remains are not those of missing Utah mom, Susan Cox Powell, whose hometown is Puyallup, Wash., about one hour southeast of where the body was found.

Chief Deputy Stacy Brown, Public Information Officer (PIO) for Lewis County Sheriff's office, told Examiner.com Friday, "We have no reason to believe the human remains found were those of Susan Powell."

Aerial footage of the scene captured by KOMO News' Air 4 shows detectives combing the area with cadaver dogs. A search team also can be seen forming up near the rural site.

Little information is available at this time but Examiner.com will keep you informed as information is released.

The remains were found at a location along the 100-block of Cougar Lane. Stacey Brown also said it is too early to determine if the person was the victim of a crime. She said the remains are most likely those of an adult.

Cadaver dogs are being called in to help search for additional clues, including something that might lead to the identity. The investigation includes checking missing persons records.

Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott said authorities do not have any indication that the remains might belong to Lindsey Baum, the young girl who disappeared June 26 in the small town of McCleary, about 50 miles away.

Undersheriff Scott confirmed with Examiner.com that the remains are not those of Lindsey Baum and that the case of the discovered remains is being handled by Lewis County Sheriff's office.

Police continue their investigation into the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell.

The last person to see Susan was her husband, Josh Powell, who remains the sole person of interest in the case police call a missing person's case with suspicious criminal overtones.

Josh and Susan were both from Puyallup, where Josh is now living with his father.

Believe09 - Thank you so much for posting this. Not that I want this to be someone's loved one but maybe the family will finally have peace. I wonder if it's Nancy Moyer since they ruled out Lindsey Baum? So, so sad for everyone involved. I wish life were fair.
    Last edited by Breathe; 02-19-2010 at 07:48 PM.
    We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way. ~Author Unknown

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Breathe For This Useful Post:

Every time something like this comes up, POI will have to wonder if he'll be asked again by the press to make a statement about whether he thinks it's his wife. He could even wonder if he'll be framed. Enormous pressure. And don't let the boys watch TV. They might hear something where they bring up daddy's name again in the news.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to grayjay For This Useful Post:

Unidentified Body Found in Utah

MAP starting at Powell home in West Valley City, and site near where today's remains were found in Hobble Creek Canyon, Springville, Utah.

According to one TV station, the remains were found "about a five minute hike" off one of the main canyon roads.

The interesting thing? There's a winter recreation area in that canyon, including sledding hills.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:

Oh wow! This looks totally possible....

The latest news report says it's "unlikely" it's Susan Powell, although the body IS of a 25-35 year old woman.
    The body appears to not be connected to any missing persons case.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Oh wow! This looks totally possible....
    It does. I've theorized often that he secured her to one of the sleds, and just scooted her down a hill. The article doesn't say if the "five minute hike" is upwards, or downwards.
    Last edited by laytonian; 02-21-2010 at 11:42 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:

"While it appears that Steven is close in age to Susan Powell and was driving through the Salt Lake City area within a day or two of her disappearance, any connection between the two seems entirely coincidental to us. Because we want to remain open to all possibilities, no matter how improbable, we have no issue with an exchange of information between the St. George and West Valley City police departments."

http://www.examiner.com/x-30706-Sudd...-investigators

These types of articles give more leverage for the defense.
    Last edited by RubyRed; 02-28-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: link

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    "While it appears that Steven is close in age to Susan Powell and was driving through the Salt Lake City area within a day or two of her disappearance, any connection between the two seems entirely coincidental to us. Because we want to remain open to all possibilities, no matter how improbable, we have no issue with an exchange of information between the St. George and West Valley City police departments."

Without "proof", the prosecution would shoot this down in a NY minute because of speculation.

Angel Who Cares has posted some great media info on the Links only thread. Please take a look. Thank you...YOU are truly an angel and Colleen Russell is right along your side. Good work ladies.
    Last edited by hollyblue; 02-28-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post

Next, Josh will be claiming that Susan ran off with Steven. (ala Drew Peterson style)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

Cool

No, but where was Steven when she disappeared? Do we know?

If he was in the SLC or Northern Utah, Nevada area, is it possible that he saw something or unintentionally helped Josh, left his name and number, and later was lured by Josh to Vegas? I am thinking of how he went out of his way to help his teenage neighbors in St. George a few days later. Is there any possibility that Steven met Josh in passing that night, with the boys and Susan in the van, helped them somehow, gave out his name and number, and was later tracked down by Josh?

Pure speculation, as I haven't followed the timelines closely enough for either case. But wouldn't several hundred miles put on a rental car take Josh to Vegas and back? Have the police released exactly how many miles? 200 or 700?

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    Sadly, I don't think she'll ever be found, although I wish nothing more than for me to be proven wrong.

My theory is that Josh burned her, and then scattered the remains in the water, in the desert, etc...somewhere basically where it wouldn't ever turn up because it would just look like ashes.

I just pray that Susan gets justice, and that her family can get some sort of closure in this horrible case
    bbm

I was just wondering why you think she was burned?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dovebar View Post
    No, but where was Steven when she disappeared? Do we know?

If he was in the SLC or Northern Utah, Nevada area, is it possible that he saw something or unintentionally helped Josh, left his name and number, and later was lured by Josh to Vegas? I am thinking of how he went out of his way to help his teenage neighbors in St. George a few days later. Is there any possibility that Steven met Josh in passing that night, with the boys and Susan in the van, helped them somehow, gave out his name and number, and was later tracked down by Josh?

Pure speculation, as I haven't followed the timelines closely enough for either case. But wouldn't several hundred miles put on a rental car take Josh to Vegas and back? Have the police released exactly how many miles? 200 or 700?

Someone had posted on Steven's FB page, who had checked the buses running from Sacramento to Wendover. Bus left at 3 in the morning and arrived in Wendover at approx. 3 pm. This would have been around the time SK was going thru there after he left Ruby Valley. Thought it was interesting. The (SK's) timeline theory is in conflict with what the mother said in the press conference. She nor any family has never mentioned his going to the temple that week. Which I find intriguing.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast