NY - Thomas Hajduk, 51, killed by drunk driver, Lancaster, 2 Nov 2008

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/80911077.html

By WKBW Directors

Story Published: Jan 7, 2010 at 11:36 AM EST

Story Updated: Jan 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM EST

BUFFALO, NY (WKBW) -- 23-year old Michael O'Connor will serve 1-year in jail after killing a man in a DWI accident back in 2008.

O'Connor was sentenced today in court on charges stemming from the incident that killed 51-year old Thomas Hajduk after a Bills game in November of 2008.

O'Connor had dropped off some friends in Lancanster and struck Hajduk while he was walking his dog on Aurora Street.

O'Connor expressed remorse in the court room before sentencing, however the victim's family says O'Connor already had a second chance after being convicted of prior DWI offense.

:furious:

This is disgusting!!! That judge should have his bar license revoked!!!!!

That's longer than Dante Stallworth from the Cleveland Browns

i don't understand the differences that come in charges related to DUI. there was a big uproar in Sacramento a while back because there were two DUI cases that were similar but ended up with wildly different sentences.

one was a police officer who got drunk during a golf game, ran over a kid getting off of a school bus, THEN FLED. the child died and he pleaded no contest to vehicular manslaughter and felony hit and run. he was sentenced to five years and served 20 months.

the other was a man drunk driving who killed a police officer, DIDN'T FLEE, is serving 15 to life for second degree murder.

neither had a previous record.

i think they should ALL do serious time for drunk driving deaths!!!

i don't understand the differences that come in charges related to DUI. there was a big uproar in Sacramento a while back because there were two DUI cases that were similar but ended up with wildly different sentences.

one was a police officer who got drunk during a golf game, ran over a kid getting off of a school bus, THEN FLED. the child died and he pleaded no contest to vehicular manslaughter and felony hit and run. he was sentenced to five years and served 20 months.

the other was a man drunk driving who killed a police officer, DIDN'T FLEE, is serving 15 to life for second degree murder.

neither had a previous record.

i think they should ALL do serious time for drunk driving deaths!!!

:waitasec: I wonder what the difference was. That's hard to figure out. :rolleyes:

The drunks always seem to get off light!:furious:

I watch the peoples court and MM has said to guys, who've gotten light sentences, that after their first DWI he'd be in jail when she was a judge in Miami. :thumb:.

Oh, man this gets me so PO'd. That car is a deadly weapon. Might as well took a gun and shot the poor man. That poor victims family.

Not to hijack, SD's thread, but we just had this guy high on crack with a prostitute with him who killed two people and and broke another man's neck.

Jesse Maiden aged 36 was going over 80 miles an hour on I-95 with Kristen Paris aged 21 in the front seat with him. They'rd been a very small fender bender to which the driver of those vehicles called cops. Then here comes this . Oh and of course Maiden and the girl are fine. Not a scratch. If anyone cares to look at this link you'll see a huge picture of this *advertiser censored*s crying and blubbering.

Oh and of course they both have records and were wanted on warrants. Where's the justice?

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/80493097.html?cmpid=15585797

Oh, man this gets me so PO'd. That car is a deadly weapon. Might as well took a gun and shot the poor man. That poor victims family.

Not to hijack, SD's thread, but we just had this guy high on crack with a prostitute with him who killed two people and and broke another man's neck.

Jesse Maiden aged 36 was going over 80 miles an hour on I-95 with Kristen Paris aged 21 in the front seat with him. They'rd been a very small fender bender to which the driver of those vehicles called cops. Then here comes this . Oh and of course Maiden and the girl are fine. Not a scratch. If anyone cares to look at this link you'll see a huge picture of this *advertiser censored*s crying and blubbering.

Oh and of course they both have records and were wanted on warrants. Where's the justice?

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/80493097.html?cmpid=15585797

You're not hijacking the thread, you're discussing the topic at hand. :thumb:

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! It was an accident," he cried. "I reached down to get a cigarette and when I looked up, I was right on top of the car. There's nothing I can do or say to make up [for it]." :furious: :rolleyes:

You're not hijacking the thread, you're discussing the topic at hand. :thumb:

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! It was an accident," he cried. "I reached down to get a cigarette and when I looked up, I was right on top of the car. There's nothing I can do or say to make up [for it]." :furious: :rolleyes:

Thanks Steely. Topic at hand indeed.

Ohhhhhhhh that creep on TV all wah, wah. Ciggie? More like the crack pipe. Amazing too not a scratch. Plus he had a young, young girl in that car. Meanwhile I looked that dude up knowing somewhere, someplace besides his record he had to have done something. Like 18 years ago he raped a girl. He turned it into a gang rape. Way to go letting this out on the street.

May the deceased rest in peace and their poor families find solace.

Thanks Steely. Topic at hand indeed.

Ohhhhhhhh that creep on TV all wah, wah. Ciggie? More like the crack pipe. Amazing too not a scratch. Plus he had a young, young girl in that car. Meanwhile I looked that dude up knowing somewhere, someplace besides his record he had to have done something. Like 18 years ago he raped a girl. He turned it into a gang rape. Way to go letting this out on the street.

May the deceased rest in peace and their poor families find solace.

:furious:

What the hell is wrong with the judicial system in this country. That dude should still be sitting behind bars with looking forward to sitting behind bars til death. :furious:

Drive drunk, don't kill anyone and get nine years!!

Link

By WKBW Directors

Story Published: Jan 7, 2010 at 11:36 AM EST

Story Updated: Jan 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM EST

BUFFALO, NY (WKBW) -- 23-year old Michael O'Connor will serve 1-year in jail after killing a man in a DWI accident back in 2008.

O'Connor was sentenced today in court on charges stemming from the incident that killed 51-year old Thomas Hajduk after a Bills game in November of 2008.

O'Connor had dropped off some friends in Lancanster and struck Hajduk while he was walking his dog on Aurora Street.

O'Connor expressed remorse in the court room before sentencing, however the victim's family says O'Connor already had a second chance after being convicted of prior DWI offense.

That makes me believe that some shenanigans were happening with the case that started this thread. :furious:

Also in Buffalo after a Bills game..go figure:

Drunk driver gets nine years for hitting seven after Bills game

A tearful Brandon W. McLean was sentenced today to nine years in prison for drunken and drug-impaired driving that injured seven people after a Buffalo Bills game four months ago.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/943211.html

JB, that's what my post was about. Sheesh. :snooty: :crazy:

Here's another one too.

Teenage girl sentenced in DWI fatality
17-year-old receives 6 months in jail, 5 years of probation in May 30 death of her boyfriend

By Thomas J. Prohaska
NEWS NIAGARA REPORTER
Updated: January 28, 2010, 7:18 am /
Published: January 28, 2010, 12:30 am

LOCKPORT— Ashley M. Sullivan is in the Niagara County Jail today, and Facebook may be to blame as much as the car crash that killed a Niagara Falls man.

Sullivan, 17, of Linden Avenue, North Tonawanda, was sentenced Wednesday to six months in the County Jail and five years’ probation for crashing her car while drunk and killing her boyfriend May 30 on Sweeney Street in North Tonawanda.

She pleaded guilty Nov. 18 to criminally negligent homicide and misdemeanor driving while intoxicated.

The Buffalo News has learned that Sullivan went to Florida a month after the crash and posted a photo on her Facebook Web page captioned, “Drunk in Florida.”

What the hades is wrong with sentencing in this country?

so 7 injured people are worth more then a fatality. im not sure if that balances out.
they should both get the same sentence.......9 years or more

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back